How did the Cardinals do ? [Read before voting]

READ BELOW BEFORE YOU VOTE!

• Total voters

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Okafor dropped because of his motor. Maybe dropping in the draft will motivate him to bring it on every play until the whistle is blown. If so that could end up being a steal in the 4th.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Okafor dropped because of his motor. Maybe dropping in the draft will motivate him to bring it on every play until the whistle is blown. If so that could end up being a steal in the 4th.

That's crazy. Most plays he and Vacarro were the only guys giving any effort.

Just surprises me how often guys get incorrectly labeled by the supposed geniuses that work for NFL teams.

Oh well that's how we get guys like Acho and Massie and Dockett. Hopefully we'll be adding one or more of Swope, Taylor, and Ellington to that list.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
The trading back to pick up extra picks was outstanding. Overall, a solid B+ IMHO.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's crazy. Most plays he and Vacarro were the only guys giving any effort.

Just surprises me how often guys get incorrectly labeled by the supposed geniuses that work for NFL teams.

Oh well that's how we get guys like Acho and Massie and Dockett. Hopefully we'll be adding one or more of Swope, Taylor, and Ellington to that list.
Yeah that was the word on Nfl network during the draft. Apparently Swope fell because of concussions, but he never even missed a game from them.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Overall this was a good draft, but there were some players/areas I would have rather seen us address.

Love both Cooper and Minter immediate starters and high value players.

Not happy with the Mathieu Pick, honestly might be a nickel guy if he is lucky, only seem to hit the field if someone goes down.

Would have been much happier with JJ Wilcox from Georgia Southern, a pure safety and someone with size and punishing ability, would likely be an immediate starter. Also we didn’t address safety at all.

How did Okafor fall to us?

Watford did not make me smile, he will not start and really not sure if he provides that much depth. Oline from small schools rarely make it.

Instead would have really liked Quinton Patton WR from La. Tech, this guy is a stud and since BA loves to throw he would give opposing Defenses fits. Also we drafted WR later so obviously someone thought we needed one. Also wouldn’t have minded the Stanford TE Toilolo, guy is huge and strong, consistency is a concern, but no one is perfect coming is. Another would have been Jesse Williams DT from Alabama, not 100% sold on our interior, needs to drop a few, but depth is depth.

Nothing excites me about Stephan Taylor, especially since we landed Ellington later, which was a great pick. Would have much preferred Brandon Jenkins DE from FSU, great motor and pass rush skills, a bit raw, but with Frostee getting arrested better value.

Swope was a waste in my opinion, if he makes the team I will be surprised, liked Patton earlier. We could have addressed S/CB with Jordan Poyer from Oregon St. this would have been a great value here, he was very good.

DC Jefferson….Why honestly there was a guy here named Reid Fragel, if you don’t know his name you will, played Tackle for Ohio St. still learning the position, raw but with tons of upside. Definite depth at tackle which you can never have enough of.