Houston and Hinch all the way!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's go Astros. Beat LA.!!!

That should be Hinch, stupid auto correct. Can it be changed? NVM, I was able to change it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, I put aside my "beat L.A." chant for the World Series. I always root for the N.L. team to take it all, especially the one who eliminated us, so we can say we were knocked out by the best.

I also always root for the team from the West but, of course, both World Series teams are from the West, which I'm glad to see.

OP
OP
G

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't stand LA, I can't stand SF, I can't stand NY, among others. Again, go Astros!:D

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, I put aside my "beat L.A." chant for the World Series. I always root for the N.L. team to take it all, especially the one who eliminated us, so we can say we were knocked out by the best.
Dude screewwwwwww that. You obviously dont have the pure and utter hatred for the Dodgers that is appropriate. :p I think you should take some time to reevaluate things. ;)

GO ASTROS!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I also always root for the team from the West but, of course, both World Series teams are from the West, which I'm glad to see.

I can't take you seriously with this post. Do you understand what could happen if LA wins the WS? Know how insufferable its fans are now? Imagine what they'll be like if the Dodgers win.

F**k LA. I hate being here right now and seeing all of the MFing Dodger shirts and flags. Go Astros!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't take you seriously with this post. Do you understand what could happen if LA wins the WS? Know how insufferable its fans are now? Imagine what they'll be like if the Dodgers win.

F**k LA. I hate being here right now and seeing all of the MFing Dodger shirts and flags. Go Astros!

fudge LA x2

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BC867 has stated he grew up a Dodgers fan before Phoenix even had paved streets.

His rooting for them is understandable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

***K LA x1000

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1 trillion!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BC867 has stated he grew up a Dodgers fan before Phoenix even had paved streets.

We're just teasin him. :)

It's just really hard to watch your friends make terrible life choices like this. Its really sad. :p

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Y'know, when my wife and I first visited Phoenix in 1970 and decided that the Paradise Valley area of Phoenix was where we wanted to live, we were told that three years earlier, Shea Blvd. hadn't yet been paved.

And when we moved here a few years later, Phoenix, of course, had no MLB team. I gave my heart to Phoenix. But when I attended Phoenix Giants games, being a Dodgers fan when I was a kid, I couldn't bring myself to root for a uniform that said GIANTS across the front. And because we had no MBL team, the golden tones of Vinnie broadcasting Dodgers games were broadcast in the Valley regularly. That is the history, newbies. :)

But now, as I mentioned, as a D-backs fan, I remain loyal to the National League and root for the N.L. team in the World Series (even if they beat us). All you guys who jumped ship and root for the American League team? I dunno.

And, as I said, once the Series ends, I will be back to "Beat L.A." and rooting against the team that pissed in our pool. Those arrogant sons o'*******. OK? Meanwhile, go National League. It's our league. And I really appreciate Jerry Colangelo fighting MLB and insisting we join the National League at the D-backs inception.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Meeting Don Newcombe and a baseball card that Joe Black autographed for me at the Bashas at Shea & 32nd St.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Astros for a couple reasons:

1. I want to see Puig be on the losing team...yes I am old school and don't like how he acts.

2. Astros have never won World Series. New team winning it would be cool

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'know, when my wife and I first visited Phoenix in 1970 and decided that the Paradise Valley area of Phoenix was where we wanted to live, we were told that three years earlier, Shea Blvd. hadn't yet been paved.

And when we moved here a few years later, Phoenix, of course, had no MLB team. I gave my heart to Phoenix. But when I attended Phoenix Giants games, being a Dodgers fan when I was a kid, I couldn't bring myself to root for a uniform that said GIANTS across the front. And because we had no MBL team, the golden tones of Vinnie broadcasting Dodgers games were broadcast in the Valley regularly. That is the history, newbies. :)

But now, as I mentioned, as a D-backs fan, I remain loyal to the National League and root for the N.L. team in the World Series (even if they beat us). All you guys who jumped ship and root for the American League team? I dunno.

And, as I said, once the Series ends, I will be back to "Beat L.A." and rooting against the team that pissed in our pool. Those arrogant sons o'*******. OK? Meanwhile, go National League. It's our league. And I really appreciate Jerry Colangelo fighting MLB and insisting we join the National League at the D-backs inception.

I grew up in Illinois a Cubs fan. When I moved to Flagstaff, the Superstation we got was KTLA, so only regular baseball broadcasts were Dodgers. And it is really, really difficult not to listen to Vin Scully call many games and not take a shine to the team he is broadcasting. So I was happy when the Dodgers won in 1988. I moved to Phoenix that year, and started to become steeped in the hatred of all things LA. Obnoxious former Angeleno co-workers sealed the deal. When the Dbacks were announced, I was all in.

The only silver lining to a Dodger WS victory would be to give Vin one last ring.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Astros for a couple reasons:

1. I want to see Puig be on the losing team...yes I am old school and don't like how he acts.

2. Astros have never won World Series. New team winning it would be cool

This too

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The only silver lining to a Dodger WS victory would be to give Vin one last ring.
That's a nice sentimental thought. And who knows how long Tommy will be able to attend games.

There are some things in baseball that transcend the players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn