Hopkins restructuring contract

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only thing that I don't like about this, is that it wasn't done before the FA period opened.

They don't have to be in Cap compliance until the official opening of FA. As such, they could and can negotiate, so there was no specific advantage in doing this sooner as no player is going to turn this restructuring down.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I don't like about this, is that it wasn't done before the FA period opened.
Lol. Hey it’s one way to keep the fan base interested. If we would have done all these re-signings a week ago we’d be listing to crickets.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4pm ET on March 16th. They made it with 2 days to spare.

What I meant, is that if it were done in principal at before the FA period started, things could have been different with who we signed, or could sign?

Not sure if that makes sense or even if it is necessary...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I meant, is that if it were done in principal at before the FA period started, things could have been different with who we signed, or could sign?

Not sure if that makes sense or even if it is necessary...
No one can actually sign yet. It's just the Legal Tampering period. So right now all these contracts that people are agreeing to are just fake money. It doesn't become real money until the FA signing period starts and the contracts are officially signed.

It does help with keeping our own players though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeeeee murray hop is a good example to follow to be a tru team leader :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one can actually sign yet. It's just the Legal Tampering period. So right now all these contracts that people are agreeing to are just fake money. It doesn't become real money until the FA signing period starts and the contracts are officially signed.

It does help with keeping our own players though.
I understand that they can't actually sign yet. But players and players can come to an 'agreement.' If that agreement was made with a player that was on your radar but you know you couldn't sign because you didn't have the space... you'd want that extension done earlier in the week, like Pugh's contract was for example. Especially if that player signed with another team instead...