honey badger torn acl

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Does it matter if its a partial tear or complete tear?

For this season it doesn't... My buddy suffered a partial and was able to rehab it 6 weeks and get back on the field. Truth is though, he might be better off just getting it cut, patellar tendon graft placed, and starting rehab... I knew it was gonna be bad when he was fighting for the extra yards; dude is too small to be doing that... I feel real bad for him, but he ought to pull through... It takes a bit of time for patellar tendon grafts. My recovery was 10 months before I could reasonably run 3-4 miles and do squats at the rack... He should be ready by the opener or a month after...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’ll presumably have an MRI on Monday so doctors can confirm their suspicions, but Mathieu isn’t waiting to start coping with the bad news.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that one of the other Cardinals said Mathieu was bawling in the locker room after getting the initial diagnosis from doctors.

Link

It has to be devastating getting that kind of news. Hope TM can get positive and get into rehab so he can come back strong.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Link

It has to be devastating getting that kind of news. Hope TM can get positive and get into rehab so he can come back strong.

It's a crying shame he's bawling in the locker room when he was balling on the field.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in the least.

Most hear have been saying what a great player he is. He's not. Is he a good player? Yes. Better than average? Yes. I think his size limits his ability to cover bigger WRs & TEs & at times it has shown. I'm sure TM will get a little better with experience too, but he's still gonna be limited IMO. There's a reason most 5'9" 185 LB DBs aren't superstars!!!

Btw I expect 1-3 round drafted players to be better than most if not great! Didn't you even call him good, just like I did? :p

You do realize that "great player" is a subjective term?

If you are a solid starter, I could call you a great player and HB is a solid starter.

You just like to bash the guy and throw out a comment about how he might become a drug addict if he ever sees a stop sign with a squirrel on it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Link

As motivated as he appears to be the best at what he does, I would not be surprised to see him come back next year even better.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in the least.

Most hear have been saying what a great player he is. He's not. Is he a good player? Yes. Better than average? Yes. I think his size limits his ability to cover bigger WRs & TEs & at times it has shown. I'm sure TM will get a little better with experience too, but he's still gonna be limited IMO. There's a reason most 5'9" 185 LB DBs aren't superstars!!!

Btw I expect 1-3 round drafted players to be better than most if not great! Didn't you even call him good, just like I did? :p

On one of the broacasts they said that HB has played five different defensive positions this year (CB, FS, SS, NB and DB) and has been above average at all of them. On the other hand, all other DROY names have only played one to two positions. Think about that for a minute.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
On one of the broacasts they said that HB has played five different defensive positions this year (CB, FS, SS, NB and DB) and has been above average at all of them. On the other hand, all other DROY names have only played one to two positions. Think about that for a minute.

+1

I would say great player and stick by it.

Tell me the lock down safeties in the league that are not being beaten by the upper echelon tight ends so we have someone to compare Matheui to, Thanks.

Guy has played better than most veterans I have seen.

freebyrd

Reaction score
i swear the first thing i thought of when i woke up this morning wasn't the win as usual it was tm's injury
poor kid
lets pray for a severe sprain not a tear

Reaction score
You do realize that "great player" is a subjective term?

If you are a solid starter, I could call you a great player and HB is a solid starter.

You just like to bash the guy and throw out a comment about how he might become a drug addict if he ever sees a stop sign with a squirrel on it.

+1

I would say great player and stick by it.

Tell me the lock down safeties in the league that are not being beaten by the upper echelon tight ends so we have someone to compare Matheui to, Thanks.

Guy has played better than most veterans I have seen.

:thumbup:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Time to call Kobe's German doctor

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
ACL is the major one. If it were all three, TM would be screwed.

Appears to be some conflcting info as to whether it's his MCL or LCL... The ACL is a definite.
So, I'm just wondering which would be worse, the MCL or LCL??

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just got a text that says it's an ACL and LCL... Not sure which is worse, a LCL or MCL??

Pretty much the same thing. One is inside the knee, one is outside. They do the same thing (provide side-to-side stability for the knee joint). So I'd imagine the severity of injuring one over the other isn't that different.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is LCL, that's weird. Usually MCL and ACL hit in combo along with meniscus, not LCL & ACL.

If it is ACL & LCL, meniscus might not be damaged.

(I'm recovering from grade 2 LCL, patellar damage and gastroc damage right now)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn