Hit on Warner was Cheap and should have been flagged! Hines Ward rule

Reaction score
Do we really have to make a whining thread??

I thought we were better than that.

We got our asses handed to us today.
End of story.
I don't hear anyone saying that play changed the games outcome... It didn't even effect the flow of the game a little.

It was still a chicken-**** hit! I believe the intent was to injury Warner.

drewbreeess

Reaction score
Warner had the angle to make the tackle. He was less than 5 yards away from Smith. Not one Cardinal player or coach has complained about the hit. It was a great hit. It's why we watch football. Kurt was not a QB at the time. He was a guy trying to make a tackle. What else could McCray do? Let Warner knock smith out of bounds? I don't get it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a LEGAL hit. Warner was in the action, running off to make a tackle (remember, he made a tackle last week on the sidelines on Larry's fumble). He was a legit target, nobody was "headhunting" him by going out of their way to find him. He was in the play, and was BLOCKED in the frontish side of his shoulder by the other player's shoulder.

Very legal, and one HELL of a good defensive play. I'm sorry, but to say otherwise is whiny - more whiny than the GB fans harping on the no-call facemask (which was also not a facemask).

That was a solid D play, and one that if AW made we'd defend easily. Totally legal hit, just crushingly brutal.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It was a LEGAL hit. Warner was in the action, running off to make a tackle (remember, he made a tackle last week on the sidelines on Larry's fumble). He was a legit target, nobody was "headhunting" him by going out of their way to find him. He was in the play, and was BLOCKED in the frontish side of his shoulder by the other player's shoulder.

Very legal, and one HELL of a good defensive play. I'm sorry, but to say otherwise is whiny - more whiny than the GB fans harping on the no-call facemask (which was also not a facemask).

That was a solid D play, and one that if AW made we'd defend easily. Totally legal hit, just crushingly brutal.

The hit was definitly legal... not even close or should be an issue for debate.
Secondly, it was "one HELL of a good offensive play." The Saints had the ball when Kurt was de-cleated...
That said, hard to call a play where a 300 pounder zeroes in on a defenseless QB as "one Hell of a good play". It is what it is - a QB being in a place where he shouldn't bem and paying the price. The hit on Kurt changed nothing about what happened after the interception. It's not as if Kurt was about to stop a pick-6!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
How about the first sack on Warner. He was grabbed on the top of his facemask and his head was twisted to the side. How did that not receive a flag?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is just embarrassing. Last week we were basking in glory and saying "hey. there's missed calls all of the time." Now people are complaining about missed calls when they really had no outcome on the game? We lost. Get over it.

Which game could have been influenced by a call here or a call there? Packers fans had more to bitch about.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares if it was a legal hit or not. The fact remains that it was an unnecessary hit & one that the Cardinals should have retaliated against. With the game pretty much already decided, we should have taken the 15 yd penalty & even an ejection & knocked Brees unconscious. What happens in baseball when your pitcher is thrown at? No matter what, there is always retaliation. There has to be! You can't allow your most valuable player to be hit like that away from the play. Call it dirty, call it whatever you want.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is just embarrassing. Last week we were basking in glory and saying "hey. there's missed calls all of the time." Now people are complaining about missed calls when they really had no outcome on the game? We lost. Get over it.

Which game could have been influenced by a call here or a call there? Packers fans had more to bitch about.

Gotta agree.

We actually got a generous call to give the ball back with Sharpers Int. I'm not saying it was a bad call I'm just saying I wouldn't have screamed foul if we didn't get the call.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
You guys, its FOOTBALL. Warner made the mistake of throwing the pick and he was the closest guy to the ball and got walluped. If it was Brees getting hit by Dockett like that we all would be calling the Saints fans cry babies because it was a legal hit. If he didn't want any part of the play after the pick, do like most QB's and run towards the sideline.

The other thing is in the paper this morning it makes it sound like the player that did it felt bad about it. They even said during the game yesterday about how much respect the d-line had for Warner. There were a couple times he could have been killed after a hit and they kept him up-right. I think one of their players even run up to Kurts back to hold him up while another guy was trying to sack him (after the ball was out). I have no problems with the play on the interception. Legal hit, Warner stuck his nose in a place it didn't belong and got blinded. If he plays next year, I bet he stays away from the tackle.

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
What for? what I said is fact, in fact the NFL fined Berry 5k for that hit. :mulli:

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
What for? what I said is fact, in fact the NFL fined Berry 5k for that hit. :mulli:
Who is crying? We are here to talk about the game.

Most of us would agree there were some that were not called last week so i dont see the 'irony' you mention.

Nice to see you back though, you thinking of becoming a red bird??

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I hope in fact the player from new Orleans blows out every ligament in both knees. and must be moved to the front office. Because when you read and know this rule....The Cardinals should have taken out Brees till next year...sorry but you fight for your General...and it was a cheap play.

Very Classy, Tell your husband Kurt not chase a play he can't make then. It was a legal hit. Another thing being missed is what if they guy fumbles and somebody simply shoved KW down and the ball rolls over to him. I'll tell you what it's cards ball and a new set of downs. Thats football, you play to win and to the whistle. If you don't it might cost you big tme.

Don't cry over spiiled milk, don't whine after a loss, and don't lose your class. Leave that for Packer Fans. Especially ones who keep returning to whine some more. I keep telling them here that its a good thing wisconsin hass so much cheese cuz there sure is a lot of whiners here.

EDIT: I should have also said that I respect KW for going after the ball carrier. Too many QBS just lay down. That is KW's "I am a football player" mentality, and part of what makes him a HOF'er."

Last edited:

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not going to complain about it but it seemed pre meditated to take Warner out of the game. The real scum are the 49er fans at 49ers.com dancing in the streets over that hit.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not going to complain about it but it seemed pre meditated to take Warner out of the game. The real scum are the 49er fans at 49ers.com dancing in the streets over that hit.

I agree, no one should ever be happy about a player getting injured or hope for such an incident. It's a football game, I for one dont anyone to lose their livelyhood, no matter who they are or what team they play for. It is an emmotional game and people make mistakes. Usually things they wish they could take back.

daybreaker

Reaction score
The fact remains that it was an unnecessary hit & one that the Cardinals should have retaliated against. With the game pretty much already decided, we should have taken the 15 yd penalty & even an ejection & knocked Brees unconscious. What happens in baseball when your pitcher is thrown at? No matter what, there is always retaliation.
1) Way to be classy and wish for our QB to get injured.
2) You guys *did* take a cheap shot at Drew's knees in the 3rd quarter. You got flagged for it. We got a FG on the possession.

Most of your fans were classy and congrats on a good season, but people like PACardsFan can suck it. Keep crying about it- it wont change the outcome. Even Kurt Warner didnt complain about the hit, which gave me a lot of new found respect for him. I've gone from disliking him from his days as an NFC West foe in St Louis, to respecting him as tough competitor and an all around great guy, just from this one game.

Take a lesson from your QB.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
1) Way to be classy and wish for our QB to get injured.
2) You guys *did* take a cheap shot at Drew's knees in the 3rd quarter. You got flagged for it. We got a FG on the possession.

Most of your fans were classy and congrats on a good season, but people like PACardsFan can suck it. Keep crying about it- it wont change the outcome. Even Kurt Warner didnt complain about the hit, which gave me a lot of new found respect for him. I've gone from disliking him from his days as an NFC West foe in St Louis, to respecting him as tough competitor and an all around great guy, just from this one game.

Take a lesson from your QB.
Well said. Kurt stuck his nose where it didn't belong and got blown up because of it. But to wish ill on another player (especially after watching what Q had to go through last year) is ********. I'm a Cards fan till I die but this isn't baseball. The other guy doesn't just bruise up like what a baseball will do. You're talking about knocking him out cold. Pretty classless if you ask me PACardsFan.:slap:

Edit: You too Cards_Campos. Please close this thread mods. Its making out board look like some of the worst fans I've seen. You're talking about taking a guy who has put a HUGE hand into rebuilding one of the worst things to ever happen to a city. The guy is up for the man of the year almost every year and a player that was one the SIDELINE when it happened. You want that player taken out of the rest of the postseason (and possibly a superbowl) because our QB threw a pick and was running at his top speed to make a tackle on a guy 5 yards away? He wanted to play defense and got hit. But because of that lets injure one of the best guys in the league. Get real...

Last edited:

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
It's classless to go after their quarterback to do the same.

However, it would have been nice if the retaliation for the legal yet unnecessary hit would have been aimed at Bobby McCray himself. Not to take him out of the game or give him injuries, but a couple of knees to the ribs from Levi followed by Deuce dropping his full weight on him like a prowrestler while McCray was lying down on the next offensive drive would have been nice.

Can't remember which game it was, but i can recalll Early on a kickoffreturn getting a 15 yard penalty for specifically looking someone up to retaliate. I know it was a linebacker. It'll come back....

AZHEAD

Reaction score
Some of the replies in this thread only go to show the realities of the pussification of America. Someone on the other team should have payed the price.

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Say what you want...but the Hines Ward rule should have implied. It was a situation that McCray saw Warner open and blinded and he hit him as hard as he could. In fact I will bet any amount of money that he hit him harder on that play than he has tackled or blocked anybody else this year. It was a CHEAP shot that may be semi legal since he was a tackler. But they implemented the HINES WARD RULE for 1 reason...To protect players who get blind sided on TURNOVERS. In fact look at the 2 videos on this thread on the first page. the first 1 the guy got his jaw broken....2nd one Kurt could have had 6 ribs broken. Whats the difference????