Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, it either came from Kyler's camp or the Cardinals.

The message should be "Kyler is rehabbing and looking forward to returning as soon as he is able." rather than "Kyler is going to take his sweet time in returning while he rehabs in Texas."
Feels like it's more an under-promise, over-deliver thing

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The morning show guys (Bickley and Marotta) said it correctly today. "Quit talking about tough love for Kyler and just do it already."

Instead of Bidwill saying "We are hoping that Kyler will rehab here in Arizona." he should have said, "Kyler WILL rehab here in Arizona." Quit indulging the entitled.

Sean Payton would have been fantastic here. He is already putting his foot down with Wilson in Denver. No more bringing your own personal coaches and helpers into the team facilities. They have all the staff needed there already. Knocking Russ off his pedestal and treating him like any other player on the team. No special privileges.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Instead of Bidwill saying "We are hoping that Kyler will rehab here in Arizona." he should have said, "Kyler WILL rehab here in Arizona." Quit indulging the entitled.
I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is collectively bargained. I don't believe the team has any authority to dictate where Kyler's rehab takes place.

Escalating and conflict between the franchise and the franchise quarterback seems like a mistake.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is collectively bargained. I don't believe the team has any authority to dictate where Kyler's rehab takes place.

Escalating and conflict between the franchise and the franchise quarterback seems like a mistake.
That's kind of ridiculous. You're paying a guy nearly a quarter of a billion dollars and yet you cannot tell him to rehab where the team facilities are located? He should want to be close to the team, teammates, fans, etc. while getting better and prepping for the next season with a new coach coming in, etc.

No wonder there is a huge disconnect between Kyler and literally everyone else. He's aloof and distant. He says he is "all in on Arizona." yet he is all about Texas. He had the Dallas Cowboys doctor repair his knee and is rehabbing in Dallas. SMH.

Sadly, I do not feel he will ever "get it." He cannot be happy with the trajectory of his NFL career so far. Maybe it is time for him to do things a bit differently.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
That's kind of ridiculous. You're paying a guy nearly a quarter of a billion dollars and yet you cannot tell him to rehab where the team facilities are located? He should want to be close to the team, teammates, fans, etc. while getting better and prepping for the next season with a new coach coming in, etc.
Close to the fans? C’mon man, he played at Oklahoma and now plays in front of the red pond. I don’t think the fan base is going to convince him to rehab in summertime Arizona.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
JJ had a really hard time saying anything positive about K1

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Dan Patrick banned for discussing Kyler’s high school career.

Honestly can you think of another professional athlete where people consistently bring up how good they were in high school? Embarrassing.

JJ banned for bringing it up, too. Patrick gave JJ every chance in the world to say something nice about Kyler. Kyler’s apologists should really think about what JJ’s silence might indicate.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Honestly can you think of another professional athlete where people consistently bring up how good they were in high school? Embarrassing.
If you're forced to say 1 nice thing about Kyler before pointing out all the things you don't like, how good he was in high school is a softball.

Kyler even did it himself before the season :biglaugh: "look at my high school record if you don't think I'm good."

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

JJ banned for bringing it up, too. Patrick gave JJ every chance in the world to say something nice about Kyler. Kyler’s apologists should really think about what JJ’s silence might indicate.

JJ decided to avoid the, 'I don't know questions...' and join the meandering pop psychoanalysis.

If Patrick had asked something more precise, JJ would have given his answer. (IMO)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Dan Patrick BANNED from this board.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It tells you what you need to know.
I’m sure @SoonerLou and @Crimson Warrior and @nashman and @PACardsFan will come in and explain how it’s Actually Good that JJ didn’t violate the Code of the Locker Room by saying something nice about Kyler when prompted to multiple times.

Absolutely nothing to say here. If JJ had a beef with Kyler he should have come right out and said it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m sure @SoonerLou and @Crimson Warrior and @nashman and @PACardsFan will come in and explain how it’s Actually Good that JJ didn’t violate the Code of the Locker Room by saying something nice about Kyler when prompted to multiple times.

Absolutely nothing to say here. If JJ had a beef with Kyler he should have come right out and said it.
The silence really makes sense if you believe JJ that he wasn't expecting questions about Kyler.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I laugh about it. There was no, "Kyler is my guy" "Kyler is the first one in the building" "Kyler was absolutely the leader of our team" "Kyler puts in so much work" "Kyler is a real student of the game". None of it. Not even one anecdote of where Kyler asked him for help or where Kyler helped him out.

Out of all of the cliche answers he could have given, JJ gave none. Ouch.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sean Payton would have been fantastic here. He is already putting his foot down with Wilson in Denver. No more bringing your own personal coaches and helpers into the team facilities. They have all the staff needed there already. Knocking Russ off his pedestal and treating him like any other player on the team. No special privileges.

It absolutely is. It is outrageous to me that people think that owners and teams should have control of people's health and body.

Then again it shouldn't be that surprising considering our country's stance on things like women's rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.