Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Im not sure Kyler deserves the most blame for that Seahawks game .

Seemed like the team was treating it like a preseason game and it backfired big time.
I agree, but that comes down to systemic leadership. Kliff is coach cool and holds no one accountable (especially his QB he smothers with praise). From what I perceive, Kyler's not disliked, but his style also doesn't challenge anyone to be great. I'm sure KM vibes with most of the guys in the room and they all get along, but he doesn't seem to demand excellence.

He's been on teams where the talent is always pretty dominant over their opponents. Compare this to a Josh Allen where he's pushing guys to be their best in a small school, and doing everything he can. Or a QB that has always demanded perfection, because it's the only way they could succeed.

The current Cardinals seem like an organization that can't handle the slightest adversity.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
this board is more divided than I have ever seen on a player. the sides being the realists, and the KM apologists.

All for a transcendent talent supposedly. I'm not buying what Murray is selling. I'm not really sure what our FO is doing though. Seems like they've been content with sitting on their hands this whole off-season. I hate all sides to be honest.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All for a transcendent talent supposedly. I'm not buying what Murray is selling. I'm not really sure what our FO is doing though. Seems like they've been content with sitting on their hands this whole off-season. I hate all sides to be honest.
You and me both. I can't really figure out what the goal is here.

The best I can surmise is that Keim & Kliff said "listen, we understand there's no solving this problem for the team without a good draft and a franchise reset before the cap increases. Here's our long-term plan, and it involves having a bad year in 2022."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. Right now I feel like I’m rooting for a logo and some players. But I’m not happy with Mike, keim, kliff, kyler, and I’m pretty meh on most of our offensive players and our front 7 on defense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And I was the few that supported Warner! Leinart couldn’t perform with Fitz & Boldin on the field. Yet, Murray is being crucified for slumping with garbage on the interior OL, and no WR’s once Hop went down. Take Murray away from this franchise & we are absolute trash.
Remember this the next time I rip Keim for not upgrading the OL and you insult me for being negative :)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If the Cardinals stayed healthy over the last 5 games, then I would be totally onboard criticizing Murray for how the season finished up. But, we all know that’s not how the season played out. His top target & arguably the best WR in football went down, Moore was out, the OL was musical chairs & horrible down the stretch, and the DL was decimated & couldn‘t stop me from gaining 5 yards/carry. It would be idiotic to the nth degree to start all over again at the QB position. Murray is an exceptional talent who needs a better IOL, and weapons around him. Pretty much what every QB that goes deep into the playoffs needs.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Blaming injuries is an excuse. You either step up or fail. The Titans had 88 players see playing time in 2021 due to injuries (16 going on IR), that's the entire roster (53) all of your PS (16) and 19 other players signed off the street yet they managed to go 12-5 and make the playoffs and be competitive in the playoff game. In fact they set an NFL record for most players on a roster last season with 88. , They lost Henry for half a season, Brown for several games Dupree for 6 games and Jones for most of the season.

Reaction score
Kyler Murray is worth $35M TOPS - not $48 - $50M, period.
His desperation to nail a long-term, fat contract is directly related to the very real probability that the little guy is going to get hurt, and everyone knows it. Comparing him to Warner is ridiculous - Warner was a leader and an adult - Murray is neither (yet).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner was 40, Murray is 24. As a longtime Cardinal fan, that hasn’t seen a young QB in 40 years, what don’t you understand?
You’re right. We should just pay Kyler 100m a year. You know because in 10 years it will be a bargain.
And before ANYBODY post” what don’t you understand” two things should be considered. 1. It’s condescending and 2, maybe you don’t understand the point.
And actually it should be “ What do you not understand?”
Now, do you understand?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired and a Cardinal fan, so let's win at least something out on top. Let's make the Deshaun Watson contract look like chickenfeed. I say we give that hobbit enough money to have national attention throughout the offseason and totally screw all the other teams when they have to then sign their QBs... why fight the insanity, and just go full blown cray cray for kicks because rooting for a team, God forbid, no longer is hip
Absolutely. We should give Murray 100m a year and 20% ownership in the team. Hey in 10 years it will be a bargain and a value.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Absolutely. We should give Murray 100m a year and 20% ownership in the team. Hey in 10 years it will be a bargain and a value.
We cannot stop there, oh no, for must see TV. We cut all our starting OL men for cap space and use all of our later round picks to form our new OL with of course Keim selecting them. I am not done yet either. We tell Kyler since he's so good at escaping pressure with his elite scrambling ability, he has to adhere to the stipulation in the contract that the money is guaranteed only as long as he's wearing his full uniform. Lastly, he has to wear a giant helmet like Mark Kelso did because our organization puts our player's health first... he would then actually be considered big at something, not only having the biggest contract but the biggest human bobblehead doll :)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can you please reverse things this season?

You know. Suck for the first half of the season and then turn it on and play like an MVP the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Sincerely,

Cardinals fans
If he sucks for the first half of the season, so many Arizona fans would ensure that he wouldn't be here for the second half. :)

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
11 wins, OROY and 2 Pro Bowls is the basis for giving Murray a huge contract? Pro Bowls don't mean crap anymore. Saying Murray deserves a huge contract and the trust in the future of the franchise based on 11 wins and OROY is like giving it to him for getting a participation trophy. Playoff wins and Super Bowls is what counts along with leadership. Murray has none of those.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 year of college and 3 years in the pros? KM fell apart 3 years in a row, period. His playoff game was on him, not KK.

This made me wonder about his college career. So I had a look at his 2018 stats and he fell off as the year went on in college too.

For example, 77% comp % in October to 62% in December.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This made me wonder about his college career. So I had a look at his 2018 stats and he fell off as the year went on in college too.

A 2 game sample? lol

Just say he wasnt accurate in the playoff game against Bama (Lincoln Riley basing his gameplan around an injured Hollywood Brown didn't help)

He was 74% 379 yards 3 tds 196 passer rating in the Big 12 championship game.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 2 game sample? lol

Just say he wasnt accurate in the playoff game against Bama (Lincoln Riley basing his gameplan around an injured Hollywood Brown didn't help)

He was 74% 379 yards 3 tds 196 passer rating in the Big 12 championship game.

Down in November too. From 77% to sub 67%.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Blaming injuries is an excuse. You either step up or fail. The Titans had 88 players see playing time in 2021 due to injuries (16 going on IR), that's the entire roster (53) all of your PS (16) and 19 other players signed off the street yet they managed to go 12-5 and make the playoffs and be competitive in the playoff game. In fact they set an NFL record for most players on a roster last season with 88. , They lost Henry for half a season, Brown for several games Dupree for 6 games and Jones for most of the season.
By the way, the Titans ALSO lost in the 1st round. They also have a significantly better HC & played in a much weaker division than we did. Based on your name, you should have been around long enough to know that injuries DO MATTER, and the teams that stay the healthiest, are the teams that go the deepest in the playoffs. That has ALWAYS been the case, so don't kid yourself & think otherwise.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Which, of course, makes him the perfect QB for KK since they share the “wonderful” quality of fading each season…. :bang:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
11 wins, OROY and 2 Pro Bowls is the basis for giving Murray a huge contract? Pro Bowls don't mean crap anymore. Saying Murray deserves a huge contract and the trust in the future of the franchise based on 11 wins and OROY is like giving it to him for getting a participation trophy. Playoff wins and Super Bowls is what counts along with leadership. Murray has none of those.
The kid was drafted by the worst team in the NFL and the worst team in Cardinal history. So yes, taking a team that was lucky to win 3 games in 2018 to a team that won 11 in 2021, while also EARNING the individual awards he won IS a big deal. It’s makes PERFECT sense to extend him & see just how much better he & we can get. This isn’t rocket science.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t you heard? He was really really good in high school.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Success? He’s taken the worst team in football & worst team in Cardinals history to 11 wins. OROY & 2 Pro Bowls. The kid has some growing up to do, but he’s 24 & is the BEST F’ING YOUNG QB IN CARDINAL HISTORY. How do I know that? Because I’ve been around to witness it.
Carson Wentz took the Eagles to 13-3 his second year in the league. How did it go for Eagles paying him 128 mil for 4 years? Kyler needs to prove he can stay healthy a full season, win down the stretch, play big in big games and be a man while leading other men. When he does that then he can demand the money he and his agent feel he deservers. If he's not willing to earn it he can go play somewhere else.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carson Wentz took to Eagles to 13-3 his second year in the league. How did it go for Eagles paying him 128 mil for 4 years? Kyler needs to prove he can stay healthy a full season, win down the stretch, play big in big games and be a man while leading other men. When he does that then he can demand the money he and his agent feel he deservers. If he's not willing to earn it he can go play somewhere else.
Are you really going to compare Wentz’s multiple season ending injuries to 3-4 games that Murray missed in his first 3 seasons? Allen was extended after 3 years & hadn’t won any big games, but had shown improvement after he was AWFUL his 1st 2 seasons. Pretty dumb to let a 24 year old QB with a ton of talent go elsewhere & win. Because that’s exactly what he would do. And as is usually the case, the Cardinals will then again be the doormat in the NFL. You may be ok with such stupidity, but I am not. I’ve seen enough of this sport to know talent when I see it. And I have seen ALL the great ones in my lifetime. The Cardinals have made many stupid decisions over the decades, but not resigning Murray would be right there as one of the dumbest. Just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose