Heroes and Goats: CHI @ ARI

Kerry Olson

Reaction score
Could you just hear all the Sam Bradford Truthers ready to come out of the woodwork and praise the turnaround? They'll slink back into the shadows, only to come out to remind fans that their misery is poisonous to the players, who can only succeed on the crest of our unconditional praise.

Can we say this yet? Steve Wilks probably isn't a bad head coach, but he's not a good head coach. Will he add value on game day over some of the best minds in the league? I don't see that happening. Can he instill discipline on a team that perhaps had become a little loose in the last two or three years?

We'll see.

You must be registered for see images attach
Robert Nkeimdiche, DT - Steve Keim drafted 'Diche to replace a Pro Bowl 5-technique DT. He's blossoming as a three-technique in a 4-3 defense.

Christian Kirk, WR - I don't know if the local product can be a Top 25 wide receiver in the NFL, but he's definitely shown that he can play in this league for a while.

Patrick Peterson, CB - A transcendent talent who would excel in any scheme or system he's placed in. With two years left on his contract, Cards have to start considering whether they want P-twice for his career, or could extract a first and third round pick for him after this season.

You must be registered for see images attach
Steve Wilks, HC - I mentioned in Week 1 that Wilks' rotations are odd. That was about the defensive line, this is about Chase Edmonds being put into a platoon with David Johnson, which is mystifying. If you're not convinced that David Johnson is a back who can carry the load, why pay him?

Sam Bradford, QB - Where will Sam Bradford get his next fresh start? I'm guessing Dallas will bring him in to pressure Dak Prescott next year.

Markus Golden, DE - I don't understand the rush to get Golden back on the field. He clearly hasn't been ready, and he was a huge liability on the edge in this game.

Having been a Cardinals fan since well before their time in Arizona, this is a very disappointing start for me. The QB change is not going to help if we are as predictable offensively as we have been the first 3 games. Running Johnson up the middle every time he is in there isn’t going to fool anyone. Arians upset me a lot when he would call for bombs down the field when we were ahead or close in a game, but it still made the teams back off the line of scrimmage. There is absolutely no reason a team should not have 8 in the box against us now. I also don’t know that we made the right HC choice, though I would love to see Wilkes succeed I am not for sure on his choices especially where McCoy is concerned. I hope we can turn it around and get some wins, send Larry out in style if this is the future HOF players last year, and be competitive in our last 13 games. Go Cardinals!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Having been a Cardinals fan since well before their time in Arizona, this is a very disappointing start for me. The QB change is not going to help if we are as predictable offensively as we have been the first 3 games. Running Johnson up the middle every time he is in there isn’t going to fool anyone. Arians upset me a lot when he would call for bombs down the field when we were ahead or close in a game, but it still made the teams back off the line of scrimmage. There is absolutely no reason a team should not have 8 in the box against us now. I also don’t know that we made the right HC choice, though I would love to see Wilkes succeed I am not for sure on his choices especially where McCoy is concerned. I hope we can turn it around and get some wins, send Larry out in style if this is the future HOF players last year, and be competitive in our last 13 games. Go Cardinals!!

No offense to you Kerry, and welcome to the board by the way. But all of BAs plays had/have at least three routes planned into them, the long ball, an intermediate route, and a check down. It's the QBs decision as to which option is the best. Now don't get me wrong BA would encourage his QBs to take shots down the field it goes with his mantra. But even still QB throws the ball.

PS I just got done reading his book The QB Whisperer and learned quite a bit about his way of thinking.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
OMG. The Bradford Truthers are slinking out, anyway!

It's unbelievable.

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
Bradford was a goat for me for a couple of reasons, the first interception because the pass was not to the outside of the receiver(there was plenty of room) which allowed the safety to run to the ball and make the interception.
The second interception should never have been thrown, the defender was right there and he tried to force it in.