Help Put Our Starting Team for 2023 Together

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Help me fill in only those positions that we already have a solid starter we should be keeping.

Tell me one by one if a player/starter should not be starting for us and needs to be released or traded for whatever reason, salary, cap, don't need, not good enough to start, should be a backup, or whatever.

Positions that end up empty will be all those our new GM needs to address this year or next via draft, FA, or however. I will fill in as we go 1 player at a time.

QB - Kyler Murray
RB1 - James Conner, Keaontay Ingram
RB2 -
WR -
WR -
WR - Rondale Moore, Greg Dortch
TE - Zach Ertz, Trey McBride
LT - D J Humphries
LG -
C -
RG - Will Hernandez
RT - Josh Jones

LDE -
NT -
RDE -
WLB - Myjai Sanders
LILB - Zaven Collins
RILB -
SLB - Cam Thomas
LCB - Byron Murphy, Jr
FS - Budda Baker
SS - Jalen Thompson
RCB -

PK -
P -

Last edited:
OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Hopkins, Anderson, and Brown, WR

From previous discussions I will consider them dispensable due to their high salaries and/& declining abilities, if not this year then next. Anyone disagree?

Rondale Moore, when healthy, will be a starter and keeper for us for now, and Dortch will be a good sub. Sound right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Ertz & McBride

Now for TE - Ertz will be good for only another year maybe. McBride will be our starter there after/with him. So for now, TE isn't a need yet, is it?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we need to replace Simmons at RILB?

I don't think so. He has to make that move. I don't see how he can forge a career being a sub package gadget player.

I think it's possible he's traded. I think he's a Will in a 4-3 so will depend on base defense.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Before you can put together a team you have to know, as Brit says, whether you're a 3-4 or 4-3 team. JG was a 4-3 team in Philly so I guess we'll be a 4-3, but will wait until it becomes official.

And Eagle players are still complaining about the condition of the field in Glendale. And cite that as the reason for zero sacks. And you can't claim sour grapes, since Andy Reid said the field was terrible after the season opener.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And Eagle players are still complaining about the condition of the field in Glendale. And cite that as the reason for zero sacks. And you can't claim sour grapes, since Andy Reid said the field was terrible after the season opener.
Wasn't it a new field for the SB? Some new hybrid grass put in by the NFL?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then just a coincidence? Or possibly it has to do with moving the grass from outside to inside the stadium. I have no idea.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you can put together a team you have to know, as Brit says, whether you're a 3-4 or 4-3 team. JG was a 4-3 team in Philly so I guess we'll be a 4-3, but will wait until it becomes official.

The field at the start of the year was not the same field at the super bowl. The NFL replaced the entire thing.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes. Over watered and didn't root deep enough, so it was slick footing.
Paint. Don't forget lots of paint, even over the green grass. Gotta look pretty on the TV screen. We all know less than favorable field conditions favors the offense.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Isaiah Simmons!…if not someone else will make him a star.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Do we have anyone who we will starting along the DLine? either DE, or NT, or if we go to a 4 front anyone else? How many new guys do we need for our D front?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
So we will start Lawrence and won't need to take NT if we play a 3/4, is that what you mean, Brit? What about if we go to a 4/3? Will Lawrence still be starting and we still need to draft another inside DT?

And if we are going to play 3/4, someone like Carter wouldn't be someone we need for NT?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
LT - Is Humphries our man? We good there?

RG - What about Pugh? Good also?
Humphries is good. Josh Jones the other tackle.
RG- Will Hernandez proved himself and should be given a contact.
LG I’m hoping we sign the best one we can find.
I think Pugh will retire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose