Hats off!

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been one of the biggest critics of KK. Today he coached his best professional game. Every time the Rams thought they had the right play called, they were wrong.

This season we’ve outscored the opposition 61-30 in the second half this season. I give him a lot of of grief for his in game situational IQ, but he has schemed the best offense in the NFL and an exciting one at that.

Vance Joseph took a secondary with, what we thought were a bunch of scrub, and has made them into players. This defense needs to stop the run, but we seem to have a lot of studs in the secondary. Bend don’t break D and still having production even without any pressure on the QB or being able to stop the run.

Lastly, Steve Keim. He’s assembled a very good roster. It has the right amount of playmakers on offense to put pressure on any D and his drafts have turned out a lot better than most have given him credit for. The best addition though was confirmed today with the addition of Rodney Hudson. Aaron Donald who???? I never heard his name today and I don’t think it was any coincidence that this was Hudson’s first game as a Cardinal vs the Rams.

Great win today! 4-0 and 1st in the NFC

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Game of his career. Hopefully this will quiet the "Fire Kliff Now" crowd.
Agree and he coached like it. I think we need to rethink our team. This team is different this year. Watching Kyler and Kliff between plays isn't what you saw last year. They are laser focused. Kyler was in some insane zone today, I think it was the best game he's ever played. I also think it was the best overall coaching job of Kliff's career. This years Cardinals are a different animal.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They're handling him the exact same way they handled Simmons. That worked out pretty well, and we don't need him out there immediately. They're kicking tail at the moment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea his adjustments have been incredible but I’m tired of seeing Hicks over Zaven out there
How do you know he would be better? Personally, I think a rookie was a bad matchup with their TE and RB in the passing game.

Like Simmons, when he is ready he will play. If Hicks goes down, then you will get your wish sooner.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I find it funny that people give credit to Vance for Simmons wasting a year at the expense of play on on the field. Simmons stats are almost identical to what they were last year per snap including his missed tackle %. Collins is sitting because Vance has this belief that LBs get better on the bench and that Keim won't tell him who to start.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I find it funny that people give credit to Vance for Simmons wasting a year at the expense of play on on the field. Simmons stats are almost identical to what they were last year per snap including his missed tackle %. Collins is sitting because Vance has this belief that LBs get better on the bench and that Keim won't tell him who to start.
First of all I respect your opinion but am having trouble following this. Can you explain this further for the rest of us, like me, who may not follow.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Vance believes in the "do no harm" rule of professional team sport and meeting that basic criterium is how you get playing time, and let's give thanks that the GM is not dictating who should play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
First of all I respect your opinion but am having trouble following this. Can you explain this further for the rest of us, like me, who may not follow.
That if you compare Isaiah Simmons advanced stats per snap he is almost the exact same player he was last year except for his pressure rates since Vance is keeping him in coverage more. So, statistically, Simmons is pretty much the same player this year that he was last year. The year he wasn't good enough to get a bunch of snaps.

Similar with Byron Murphy who Vance took snaps from and gave to Dre Kirkpatrick last year because Byron couldn't play outside.

I just disagree with Vance's belief that players learn from the bench (especially highly drafted ones). Mistakes happen with young players, that is how they learn. Now, I don't hate that Hicks got more snaps than Collins vs a very deceptive offense, but the number of snaps Collins received was a joke and did not get him adequate exposure to a division opponent he will be tasked to stop soon enough.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a wonderful situation when you don’t have to count on a rookie to perform during his apprenticeship.
If we were losing or a losing team then I would complain about snap counts.
4-0 baby. Soak it in and don’t sweat the small s***!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what? Hicks calls the defense and we are 4-0. Don't eff it up just to play a rookie. Not all 1st round picks have to be day 1 starters like Murray.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So what? Hicks calls the defense and we are 4-0. Don't eff it up just to play a rookie. Not all 1st round picks have to be day 1 starters like Murray.
So what? Teams are flat targeting Hicks. He is a liability. I understand a veteran getting more snaps or key snaps over a rookie. Not a problem. I struggle with your first round rookie getting one more snap than Ezekiel Turner on defense vs a division rival when the game was in hand.

No one is saying Collins has earned 100% of snaps over Hicks. But he can't learn if he doesn't get reps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So what? Teams are flat targeting Hicks. He is a liability. I understand a veteran getting more snaps or key snaps over a rookie. Not a problem. I struggle with your first round rookie getting one more snap than Ezekiel Turner on defense vs a division rival when the game was in hand.

No one is saying Collins has earned 100% of snaps over Hicks. But he can't learn if he doesn't get reps.
My hesitation in these diatribes is we have virtually zero insight into practice. Maybe Collins is totally clueless. We don’t know.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1

He needs to play

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn