Hate to see it…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There's no way you get rid of Keim in the next few years. Seattle is average even with Russ, the 49ers are trash, and the Rams have an aging Stafford, who is erratic when he's playing well.
I agree Seattle is done as a contender, but the Niners have a solid core and could bounce back fairly quickly. They have to get better QB play though...Jimmy just isn't consistently good enough to keep them as a viable contender.

Stafford is young enough that the Rams can be viable contenders for the next 5 years with him. I think their fall off will be when Donald starts to slow down, because its coming.
Our Cardinals have the youngest and best QB in the division and it's not close. We have the youngest and most innovative coach in the division and that's not close either.
Murray is really talented but the Cardinals need to keep him healthy. They can't rely on a back up every year, its not feasible.

And McVay is actually younger than Kingsbury.
We have a huge lead in the division going forward, especially when you consider our defense average age is the youngest in the NFL. Baker is the same age as Kyler! Simmons is younger! Zaven is even younger at 22 lol. You can build around Kyler and the defense is almost already built thanks to Vance. That's filthy.
I am concerned about reloading/retooling because that will come this next offseason. If Keim can continue to win offseasons, this team is set up well.
(edit: And Keim and Bidwill both deserve credit, after seeing the year under Wilks they said no I don't want that and changed everything. These weren't incremental changes. They got a new coach and moved their #1 pick at QB to get KK and Murray after a single year. That's pretty amazing and the precise reason when the sports shows do mention us they mention how that was done, because it's rare.)
Keim deserves a lot of praise. Most of us have been rightfully critical of his performance. I think its clear that Keim CAN evaluate talent, but he tries to get cute at times and it backfires.

Jalen Thompson demonstrates that Keim can be pretty good. A supplementary draft selection
...any team in the NFL could have gotten him and the Cardinals snagged him in the 5th round. Years later and its obvious he is worth at least a 2nd rounder, and we all remember how much Keim was gushing over the kid, basically thought he was a starter day one. And he has been 100% correct on it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Lately I've been thinking to myself "man, I hope ARZ doesn't end up like SEA", but SEA really stayed close to the pinnacle for a long time. So if someone offered us the scenario where Cardinals put together a nine year stretch like Seattle (averaged 11 wins, eight playoff appearances, two SBs, one championship), I'd guess we'd have to take that right? But just one ring? haha :)

I wonder how long it will take them rebuild? Have they mismanaged their finances and draft capital to the point where for the next three or four years they're going to be fighting just to get out of last place in the division? I know they spent two firsts for Adams. If they need to replace their QB, and they don't have a #1 pick for a while, surly the odds will be against them getting back over .500 anytime soon.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think that Seattle will be forced to choose between Wilson and Carrol: and its buh-bye Pete if thats the case.

franchise QBs are very hard to come by. HCs? a little easier

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave