Hate to see it…

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Russell Wilson looked like a shadow of himself in the game with the Cardinals.

He did. I rewatched parts of that game and couldn't help noticing how passive he was about taking sacks.

In the past if an edge defender sprinted at him full speed like Isiah did on his sack, Russell would make him look like a fool. Let the guy get inches away, squirt out at the last second, make a big play with his legs or a demoralizing completion. Kind of like what Kyler does now. I saw none of that from Wilson. Either more than his hand is hurt, he's slowing down, or he's saving himself for the next team.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the problem with Russell Wilson who is just 33 years in his 10the NFL season.

In nine seasons, he's been sacked 394 times, an average of 43.8 sacks per season—more than any other QB since the 1970 merger. He's on track to become the most-sacked QB in league history in three years, surpassing Brett Favre's total of 525.

Seattle has always had a crappy OL during Wilson's career. I saw that he has been sacked an additional 20 times this season so its now at 414. Bottom line is he has been beaten up and is no longer the player that he once was.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Which is why, as a top priority, we can't ever let that happen to Kyler.
He got dinged last year and it blew our season.
He's out for a month this year, so far.

O Line, all the time.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Lots of talk in SEA that its the end of an era

with the convo shifting to "how do we rebuild quickly?"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did. I rewatched parts of that game and couldn't help noticing how passive he was about taking sacks.

In the past if an edge defender sprinted at him full speed like Isiah did on his sack, Russell would make him look like a fool. Let the guy get inches away, squirt out at the last second, make a big play with his legs or a demoralizing completion. Kind of like what Kyler does now. I saw none of that from Wilson. Either more than his hand is hurt, he's slowing down, or he's saving himself for the next team.

It wasn't the Russell Wilson I knew who would scramble away and leave the defenders in the dust. He looked out of shape or worse yet, the pounding and years have taken their toll.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lots of talk in SEA that its the end of an era

with the convo shifting to "how do we rebuild quickly?"
You jumpstart the rebuild by trading Wilson for a bunch of picks. That’s a what a smart franchise would do seeing the writing in the wall. But some get nostalgic about letting their studs ride off into the sunset on their teams.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You jumpstart the rebuild by trading Wilson for a bunch of picks. That’s a what a smart franchise would do seeing the writing in the wall. But some get nostalgic about letting their studs ride off into the sunset on their teams.
That’s the only way to recover quickly

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And Miami would be one of the only teams the NFL with enough draft picks to land to DeSean Watson.
I think this might change as the Texans will get impatient as well as Watson... but yeah, I do not see Wilson wanting to endure current Seattle situation 2.0 as a Texan and at least the Dolphins seem to have a direction with talent along with warm weather :)

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no way you get rid of Keim in the next few years. Seattle is average even with Russ, the 49ers are trash, and the Rams have an aging Stafford, who is erratic when he's playing well. Our Cardinals have the youngest and best QB in the division and it's not close. We have the youngest and most innovative coach in the division and that's not close either. We have a huge lead in the division going forward, especially when you consider our defense average age is the youngest in the NFL. Baker is the same age as Kyler! Simmons is younger! Zaven is even younger at 22 lol. You can build around Kyler and the defense is almost already built thanks to Vance. That's filthy.

(edit: And Keim and Bidwill both deserve credit, after seeing the year under Wilks they said no I don't want that and changed everything. These weren't incremental changes. They got a new coach and moved their #1 pick at QB to get KK and Murray after a single year. That's pretty amazing and the precise reason when the sports shows do mention us they mention how that was done, because it's rare.)
It wasn't rare, it was unprecedented. Never was a HC fired after just 1 season, never was a #1 round top 10 QB Pick canned after 1 year and nobody envisioned outside of Arizona that a losing College HC could be a winning HC in the NFL.

End of story.

If we win another 3 games KK will finish his third season as a winning HC in the NFL in one of the best Divisions of the NFL, against all odds.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He will be a Saint.
Hm Saints don't pay that much, but Bears could. It will come down to what Saints want to mortige and how Wilson will look till end of the season and how Seattle comes along.

If they go badly, Russ might not play in week 18 but be already "in trade protection" we will see how it continues, never count them out till they are out.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Saints just paid Hill a TON on an extension. Maybe that was in anticipation of including him in a trade for Russ but I doubt it.
His extension is flexible, based on the position he plays. If they don't put him at quarterback, he doesn't get the big big bucks.

Reactions: TRW

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hm Saints don't pay that much, but Bears could. It will come down to what Saints want to mortige and how Wilson will look till end of the season and how Seattle comes along.

If they go badly, Russ might not play in week 18 but be already "in trade protection" we will see how it continues, never count them out till they are out.
I don't think the bears will give up on Justin Fields, just yet. He's cheap and on a rookie deal and they can bowl the team around him. Oh I will depend on what happens with Nagy, though.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His extension is flexible, based on the position he plays. If they don't put him at quarterback, he doesn't get the big big bucks.
Ah. So he won't get the big $$$$ because he will never be the full time QB? Payton loves the guy but isn't stupid :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Watson to Miami
Rodgers to Houston
Wilson to Green Bay

Draft pick in Seattle.... maybe with Tua as a placeholder

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watson can't really be choosy. He'll be lucky to avoid a serious jail sentence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose