Harden named Pac-10 Player of the Year

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Just got a text from KTAR, and went to thesundevils.com to read the full release.

Jeff Pendergraph and James Harden were Pac-10 all first team.
Pendergraph is defensive team honorable mention.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
surprise, surprise...but congrats to Harden. He is clearly the best player in the conference with little room for debate.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder about his success at the next level. Is he a small forward? Shooting guard? What? He's not a leaper but has long arms. He's not particularly fast. He's one-sided, still overly reliant on going left and shooting left.

To me, he's not a lottery pick.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I wonder about his success at the next level. Is he a small forward? Shooting guard? What? He's not a leaper but has long arms. He's not particularly fast. He's one-sided, still overly reliant on going left and shooting left.

To me, he's not a lottery pick.

ohhhhh no no. Freshman year you would be right. This year he is much better going right. In the NBA, I see him as a Grant Hill position type. Can play SG but will probably play SF. He CAN leap, but prefers to do more of a Manu type finish. Also, his defense is very underrated, he has very quick hands and a knack for disrupting the passing lane. Other than Griffin he is the best NBA prospect in this years draft.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, he is well deserved of the honor. I think Harden will be a great pro, and Id be surprised to see him slip out of the lottery positions. Im glad he is leaving ASU... he has given the Cats fits the last two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort