Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grown Ups

Release Date: June 25, 2010
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Dennis Dugan
Screenwriter: Adam Sandler, Fred Wolf
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude material including suggestive references, language and some male rear nudity)
Official Website: GrownUps-movie.com

Starring: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, David Spade, Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, Maya Rudolph

Plot Summary: "Grown Ups," starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, and David Spade, is a comedy about five friends and former teammates who reunite years later to honor the passing of their childhood basketball coach. With their wives (Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, Maya Rudolph) and kids in tow, they spend the Fourth of July holiday weekend together at the lake house where they celebrated their championship years earlier. Picking up where they left off, they discover why growing older doesn't mean growing up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Sony must have spent $100 million promoting this movie. Those guys have been doing interviews/promotions since the Super Bowl.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't see it in the theater, rent for sure. You gotta hand it to Sandler
in deciding to cast his wife for the movie... Salma Hayek.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The theatre I saw it at was packed in and they all clapped at the end and I thought it was well worth the time, my whole family liked it a lot.

It falls short of what it could be simply because of glaring holes in dialogue that are like buzz kills sprinkled throughout the movie.

That's truly a shame too because with much tighter and crisper dialogue with a purpose or a compelling plot line followed through logically this could of been epic.

It just had a lot of wandering around time along with plot dead ends or don't cares in it that could of been so tightened up but the movie has some hilarious scenes in it.

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The theatre I saw it at was packed in and they all clapped at the end and I thought it was well worth the time, my whole family liked it a lot.

It falls short of what it could be simply because of glaring holes in dialogue that are like buzz kills sprinkled throughout the movie.

That's truly a shame too because with much tighter and crisper dialogue with a purpose or a compelling plot line followed through logically this could of been epic.

It just had a lot of wandering around time along with plot dead ends or don't cares in it that could of been so tightened up but the movie has some hilarious scenes in it.

I recently watched it. I couldn't agree more. This should have been much funnier. I'm not sure what the deal was with the Kevin James health plot line. It seems like they cut some scenes.