Green Bay vs New Orleans

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
How does the Saints' D compare to that of the Packers? I know offensively, they're about the same.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Greer and Porter are healthy at cornerback, so their secondary is solid with Sharper intercepting everything at FS. Jon Vilma is their only playmaker at LB as is Will Smith on the d-line. That being said, I think GB's secondary is more talented than theirs and look what Kurt and the crew did. Their corners are good, but Larry will abuse Porter or Greer, both are 5' 11 and 180-185lbs. Big mismatches there. Breaston and Doucet shouldn't have many problems either. Their offense worries me a hell of a lot more than their D does. As long as we contain Will Smith with some help from patrick and our RB's* we shouldn't have a big issue with their secondary. They also haven't been too good against the run lately.

Last edited:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Short answer: In the regular season, the Packers had one of the best defenses in the league - the Saints, one of the worst. However, the Saints offense is much more potent than the Packers'... go figure.

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
As someone that has had the honor of both watching my team playing against Sharper while he was a viqueen and play on my own team. He is very beatable and he has issue as times with letting wideout get behind him and getting burnt. It's the reason why he was nicknamed El Matador by us Packer fans.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're pretty comparable, the Saints have scored about 50 points more than the Packers, but allowed about 45 points more.

Better offense, not as good a defense.

It's on the road so crowd will be a factor but it oughta be a good game.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
The Cards need to play a complete game on both sides of the ball. The Saints weren't as good at stopping the run or the pass during the regular season. With the offense they have tho they didn't need to. Obviously it'd be hard to imagine the Cardinals offense playing any better than it did today. I'm not so worried about the offense as long as the O-Line does as good a job as it did today. The Cardinals defense is the key and has to play a complete game against the Saints.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I hope we have enough time especially with the travel to come down from the emotional high of this game, get enough rest to recover, and game plan and practice for the saints.

The saints will be well rested, and we're going to be exhausted. Can we recover in time?

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
With all the vets on this team I'm not worried about it. The fact that this team has been here before helps as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are we playing on Saturday instead of Sunday? The Cowboys get 8 days of rest & we get 6? What's up with that.