Great article on the financial crisis

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read it last night in a church parking lot waiting to pick up my boys from their classes and it made me almost physically ill. I've known about all of this stuff for several years now, but it's another kick in the gut to hear about it again, especially since it is so well laid out for anyone to see.

When the kids came out and it was time to leave they asked me why I was so mad. I was surprised my face showed the emotions I was evidently not doing a very good job at hiding. So I laughed and said it's nothing for them to be concerned about, but that was a lie. They've been robbed and there aren't probably more than two or three people out of a hundred who either know, or care, about what is going on.

We no longer live in the country we were born in. I suppose this is true of every generation, however I had no idea how badly it was going to hurt when the full force of this revelation struck.

JTS

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I read it last night in a church parking lot waiting to pick up my boys from their classes and it made me almost physically ill. I've known about all of this stuff for several years now, but it's another kick in the gut to hear about it again, especially since it is so well laid out for anyone to see.

When the kids came out and it was time to leave they asked me why I was so mad. I was surprised my face showed the emotions I was evidently not doing a very good job at hiding. So I laughed and said it's nothing for them to be concerned about, but that was a lie. They've been robbed and there aren't probably more than two or three people out of a hundred who either know, or care, about what is going on.

We no longer live in the country we were born in. I suppose this is true of every generation, however I had no idea how badly it was going to hurt when the full force of this revelation struck.

JTS

Yep, it hurts a lot and it's infuriating and again few if any pick up on what's so horrible about it

No one said life was fair but there's different versions of this, Mao fair, Stalin fair and tin pot dictator fair, banna republic fair etc on and on and on.

Everyone knows that America was never perfect but it was special, and now, it's not.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's so sickening... The DOJ is going after CIA employees who were involved in "enhanced interrogation tactics" that, in their minds were intended to PROTECT us.
Yet, here we have a group of scumbags who's sole purpose was to make money by SCREWING us, and the DOJ turns the other way.

I believe in God. And so I pray that all of those were involved in any way, shape or form - both within the financial industry, as well as politicians and "regulators", that they make their peace with the Lord before they pass.

K...... I'm going to go :barf: now.....

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title I had a feeling it would be something by Matt Taibbi.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's so sickening... The DOJ is going after CIA employees who were involved in "enhanced interrogation tactics" that, in their minds were intended to PROTECT us.
Yet, here we have a group of scumbags who's sole purpose was to make money by SCREWING us, and the DOJ turns the other way.

I believe in God. And so I pray that all of those were involved in any way, shape or form - both within the financial industry, as well as politicians and "regulators", that they make their peace with the Lord before they pass.

K...... I'm going to go :barf: now.....

I think what's important to keep in mind about this entire debacle is that it's entirely NORMAL behavior.

This conspiracy IMO isn't something that is shocking or fantastically complicated, no it's rather simple, people with control have further consolidated control and wiped out any checks and balances or rendered them impotent.

They have systematically eroded and attacked the very foundations of any kind of sunlight on what they are doing like a vampire would board up windows.

The essence of it is simply a looting opertation that is in fact quite timeless.

When you give control over UNBELIEVABLE amounts of wealth and treasure in terms of our system given that it governs over 300 million people "the richest set of people in history" you are presenting anyone in charge of that with a FANTASTICAL opportunity to skim or stick your hand in the til.

The fact it's happening is NOT SHOCKING at all.

What I hope for out of all this, in this age of information is the final realization by the people of how governance will ALWAYS do this, it's inevitable and the only counter to it is to realize where the weak spots are.

We have the ability with computers to document things as never before, we can use this as a lever of freedom, a new ability to place a check, once and for all on all this BS.

The most profound realization I've had out of all this mess is NOT that there is nothing new under the sun, that people are people, that corruption is timeless and that if you present some evil people the opportunity to steal from others they will take it.

What's profound to me is that we are on the cusp of being able once and for all to evolve past this, not to change our nature but to better manage it, to log this behavior so that future generations don't have to constantly relearn how the wheel works.

I'm a pretty average guy, what's astonishing to me is how our founding fathers most notably Thomas Jefferson knew all this in an age of only books and very limited knowlege.

The older I get the more impressed I am with what they and specifically he did, it's nothing short of pure genius.

It's much easier now with untold amounts of information you can eventually get there but to get where he got, at the time he did, that just speaks volumes of how insanely gifted he was.

That's the rub though, more people can do this now, I know at the present they are not but they can and it's my sincere hope they will because it's the only long term hope we have.

The people have to demand this, they have to know what to demand.

Above all demand fidelity and accountability and transparency in all economic matters, DEMAND it, and anyone who fails to give it to you is flipping you the finger and is presenting themselves as part of the problem not the solution.

P.S.

I'm not going to try and defend everything about Jefferson but specifically to the fidelity thing, the being true to a cause.

A lot of the founding fathers got rich off the revolution, Ben Franklin was the most obvious example.

Jefferson died in debt, he could of cheated, could of attempted to use his influence to buy more wealth but for whatever reason he did not.

Contrast that with our instant IDOL POTUS write a book become a multi millionaire POTUS crew, all of them.

Truman died poor too, it's not a badge of honor per se but it is an indication of their fidelity to the true cause, that would be all of us.

Look for leaders like that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard