Grant Hill to the Lakers?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing Grant Hill close to deal with the devil.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Smart decision for both parties. Grant can contribute on a title contender, Lakers get a guy who can D up almost anyone, including Durant. Disgusting.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fine, it will save us some money and we really have no longer any need for him in our rebuilding mode.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Nash is Gary Payton, I guess Hill is Karl Malone.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am ok with it Hill should retire but if he can play with Nash then if the Lakers win I will feel good for both of them.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reports are that Hill will either join the Lakers or retire. Either way, his career as a Sun appears to be over after half a decade with the team. This news seems a bit overshadowed by Nash going to the Lakers.

In one day the Suns parted ways with two of the Suns' all-time best players.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reports are that Hill will either join the Lakers or retire. Either way, his career as a Sun appears to be over after half a decade with the team. This news seems a bit overshadowed by Nash going to the Lakers.

How is Hill one of their best players?

jibikao

Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Hill is chasing a ring and Suns isn't likely to be a contender next season.

It's more like why would Suns need Hill after Nash left? It's time to establish new leadership.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't consider Hill to be anywhere close to being one of the Suns all-time best players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is he even Top 10?? Top 15? Top 20??

i don't think he's anywhere close to the top 10/15... maybe 20.

off the top of my head, better/more important Suns:

Nash
Amare
Marion
Kidd
Barkley
KJ
Chambers
Majerle
Hornacek
Ceballos
Nance
Sweet D
Paul Westphaul
Alvin Adams
Connie Hawkins
Dick Van Arsdale

Then, Grant falls into the next category, but that category isn't really all that impressive a list. Maybe you could quibble he'd belong there above Ceballos, but Ced was a pretty damn good player for us during the 91-94 stretch. Hell, i might even put AC Green up there over Hill as AC was a huge part of the team 94-5 teams.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
i don't think he's anywhere close to the top 10/15... maybe 20.

off the top of my head, better/more important Suns:

Nash
Amare
Marion
Kidd
Barkley
KJ
Chambers
Majerle
Hornacek
Ceballos
Nance
Sweet D
Paul Westphaul
Alvin Adams
Connie Hawkins
Dick Van Arsdale

Then, Grant falls into the next category, but that category isn't really all that impressive a list. Maybe you could quibble he'd belong there above Ceballos, but Ced was a pretty damn good player for us during the 91-94 stretch. Hell, i might even put AC Green up there over Hill as AC was a huge part of the team 94-5 teams.

Completely agree... Don't get me wrong - Hill, the person is all-world. But as a player for the Suns?? Not so much. Perhaps if we had gotten Grant a decade ago or so, and if he were able to stay healthy. But his on the court accomplishments for the Suns don't put him in the top 20... ;)

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Completely agree... Don't get me wrong - Hill, the person is all-world. But as a player for the Suns?? Not so much. Perhaps if we had gotten Grant a decade ago or so, and if he were able to stay healthy. But his on the court accomplishments for the Suns don't put him in the top 20... ;)
But it's not just on-court accomplishments that count. You also have to factor in intangibles like leadership skills. Hill has been a mentor to quite a few of our younger players. He's also been our best defender for five years, but that also won't appear in the box scores.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
But it's not just on-court accomplishments that count. You also have to factor in intangibles like leadership skills. Hill has been a mentor to quite a few of our younger players. He's also been our best defender for five years, but that also won't appear in the box scores.

Love him for all of that... still doesn't make him "one of the Suns all-time best players."

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Well said! Grant Hill is a class act and has made a good contribution to the Suns. He doesn't have to be "one of the Suns all-time best players" to be appreciated.

As I said in another thread about Steve Nash, thanks for all you have given us, Grant. And best wishes in your quest for either the pinnacle or retirement -- going from an old basketball player to a young-middle aged . . . whatever you choose to pursue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard