Got a Laptop for Hanukah!!!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Surprised the hell out of me. It's a Compaq Dm745A. It has a 15in screen, a 2.4 ghz celeron, 40 gig hard drive, and other cool things!

Just wanted to share!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine

Oh, and the other good thing: I work at Best Buy, so any accessory I need I can get at a pretty cheap price :D

Hook a tech-geek brotha up!

Mike

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
You get discounts on pretty much anything? Like if you wanted to buy a mitsibishi wide screen tv - what kind of discount do you get?

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I pay 5% above cost on everything, so on some things it's a great discount and on others not so much.

Mike, if I hooked you up I'd have so many people to hook up! I just don't think I could do it!:D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pay 5% above cost on everything, so on some things it's a great discount and on others not so much.

Mike, if I hooked you up I'd have so many people to hook up! I just don't think I could do it!:D

Remember back in 'Nam when you were captured by the Vietcong and I singlehandedly rescued you? C'mon, hook me up.

:D

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Assface
Remember back in 'Nam when you were captured by the Vietcong and I singlehandedly rescued you? C'mon, hook me up.

:D

You didn't rescue me, Anquan Boldin did.

bratwurst

Reaction score

I used to work at a ski store - the markup is unbelievable. We used to get discounts direct from the manufacturer. We called them "pro forms". Ski markups are about 300% all told. So I bought a brand new snowboard retailing for almost $600 for $200. Not a bad deal!

What kind of markups are they putting on the huge 48 or 55 inch projection tvs? I want to get one pretty bad but I can't justify the cost right now. Besides, it would look really silly in my cramped condo. Got to wait until I move back to Phx I guess.

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
I used to work at a ski store - the markup is unbelievable. We used to get discounts direct from the manufacturer. We called them "pro forms". Ski markups are about 300% all told. So I bought a brand new snowboard retailing for almost $600 for $200. Not a bad deal!

What kind of markups are they putting on the huge 48 or 55 inch projection tvs? I want to get one pretty bad but I can't justify the cost right now. Besides, it would look really silly in my cramped condo. Got to wait until I move back to Phx I guess.

I haven't checked that TV itself, and on every TV it really varies. I can check on one when I work next on Tuesday if I have time.

Honestly, when it comes to the discount, it's only really for family. Many people get fired for using it for other people.

Granted you guys are my brothers in Cardinal futility, but I don't think they'd buy that!:)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the great gift. Just curious: Is there one main night you open presents or something like 12 days in a row of gifts?

bratwurst

Reaction score
I haven't checked that TV itself, and on every TV it really varies. I can check on one when I work next on Tuesday if I have time.

Honestly, when it comes to the discount, it's only really for family. Many people get fired for using it for other people.

Granted you guys are my brothers in Cardinal futility, but I don't think they'd buy that!:)

Don't have to check, I was just curious if you knew.

I wasn't asking for the discount - besides - I live across the country from you! Whatever was saved, would probably cost more to ship!

The reason why I asked was because I was always so shocked that the markup on skis was as high as it is, and those tv's are so expensive I was curious if the markup was as high or worse.

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Congrats on the great gift. Just curious: Is there one main night you open presents or something like 12 days in a row of gifts?

The funny/sad thing about Hanukah is it's one of the least important holidays in Judaism. The gifts are only given because it is done for Christmas, and being around the same time and all, that's what they did.

As far as how gifts are given, every family does it different. My family has a certain amount of gifts and we open them when we want--whether it be all on one night or if we spread them out, it's our choice. Some friends of ours open all theirs on the 2nd night of Hanukah, I believe.

adam

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Don't have to check, I was just curious if you knew.

I wasn't asking for the discount - besides - I live across the country from you! Whatever was saved, would probably cost more to ship!

The reason why I asked was because I was always so shocked that the markup on skis was as high as it is, and those tv's are so expensive I was curious if the markup was as high or worse.

I wasn't planning on giving it to you anyways :) I'll check on it, because it's fun to see the markups. I'll tell you one thing--if it's an accessory to anything then there is a huge markup. Cell Phone stuff, Car Audio stuff, TV accessory's like remotes, cables, stands--the markup is rediculous.

adam

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort