Gosselin's final mock draft

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that if English was available that the Cards wouldn't take him.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
25. Miami Dolphins:
Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
Team needs: CB, WR, OLB, TE
Comment: Elite pass-rushers are few and far between in this draft. Kruger qualifies as elite but is off a few draft boards medically because he has one kidney. One kidney slow down Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie any at Arizona in 2008.

--------------
Didn't know we had ARC and DRC last year.

BTW does DRC have only one Kidney? I wasn't aware of that

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Andy Levitre at 51
Lawrence Sidbury at 59

I hope one or the other falls to us at 63.

I'd be happy with Moreno, Wells or Brown in the first but I would really like to see us get Larry English and Lawrence Sidbury. Though from what I've seen on Levitre, I think he becomes a stud G in the pros.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Am I missing Where Everett Brown went? Is he projecting him to not even be drafted in the 1st round. That would be a surprise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was reported that Crabtree showed up to Cleveland and acted like a total ass. Cleveland will not take Crabtree. I think the kid did it because...well, he kinda maybe doesn't want them to pick him :D

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle also has the Cardinals taking UConn RB Donald Brown with the #31 pick in his final mock draft. Previously he had us taking DE Aaron Maybin of Penn State. Seems like a lot of mocks have Arizona picking Brown.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gosselin appears to have focused on matching "player to team regardless of draft-slot" rather than predict where each player will fall.

For example, he has KC taking T Jackson at #3 despite Jackson's value probably being 5 - 10 picks below that slot; the CW being that KC will try to trade down and get Jackson at #8 - 15.

And he has Sanchez dropping to Washington at #13. (Most folks believe the Skins would have to trade into the top 3 - 8 in order to get him - not that Snyder isn't capable of doing just that).

The point being - Gosselin may be dead-on matching player to team - but not at the draft-slot those teams are currently at.

One of the most telling Gosselin projections (& one I wished I knew about before the ASFN mock deadline) was Tennessee selecting CB Alphonso Smith at #30. So did the beat writer for the Asbury Park Press - maybe they know something.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle also has the Cardinals taking UConn RB Donald Brown with the #31 pick in his final mock draft. Previously he had us taking DE Aaron Maybin of Penn State. Seems like a lot of mocks have Arizona picking Brown.
I noticed that too. Thing of it is, the only "mock" that counts is Rod Graves' mock & not what a bunch of beat writers think.

(Note - the scouting buzz I've been hearing tends to say positive things about D Brown but portrays Maybin as more of a boom or bust type).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Gosselin appears to have focused on matching "player to team regardless of draft-slot" rather than predict where each player will fall.

Gosselin makes his draft by simply working the phones on his NFL sources on where they think the team is going

In an interview, he noted he takes pains to not look at any other mock drafts or projections because he doesnt want to be influenced. He said he really doesnt even spend much time looking at the draft evaluations of players.

Historically -- his final mock has been the most accurate by quite some margin ( to note -- not all that accurate in the absolute; just more than others)

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really think this mock makes more sense than some I have read recently. The only pick that is a head scratcher to me is Detroit taking Pettigrew at 20. I can't imagine, with all of the wholes the Lions have, them going for a TE. They need serious help on both sides of the ball and a TE is a 'nice to have' option.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It was reported that Crabtree showed up to Cleveland and acted like a total ass. Cleveland will not take Crabtree. I think the kid did it because...well, he kinda maybe doesn't want them to pick him :D
actually there was 2 reports in the same paper on the same day.One said he a great meeting and everything went well.The other was what you heard. I guess the Plain-dealer will have it right.