Goodbye, Smokey!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Brown but BA was right in that you just couldn't count on him being avaialbe on game day.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope John Brown gets a big contract. Good fella.

A big contract can help Cards get a 6th or 7th round comp pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn... there goes the next Antonio Brown!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Just posted this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No great loss. A limited player with limited route running. Guys like Brown are a dime a dozen.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just posted this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is where I feel Mr. Brown is living in a fantasy world, again, I like the player, but in the NFL world, the Cardinals showed loyalty to a fault if you ask me.

When the Cardinals into last season and John Brown is your WR#2 after an entire year of being a non-factor when he was needed most, that is more loyalty than 99.9% of the players are shown.

I am sure I was not the only Cardinals fan that was slamming the organization for not doing more at the wide receiver position last offseason, and relying on Brown when he was unreliable.

Fool me once.

As for the Cardinals questioning if Brown did everything he could do to get back on the field?

No one knows the answer to that question, but his employer has EVERY RIGHT to ask the question of a player that was paid two years of paychecks for doing practically nothing for the team.

Mr. Brown is in for a shock when he leaves Arizona, IMHO.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I feel Mr. Brown is living in a fantasy world, again, I like the player, but in the NFL world, the Cardinals showed loyalty to a fault if you ask me.

When the Cardinals into last season and John Brown is your WR#2 after an entire year of being a non-factor when he was needed most, that is more loyalty than 99.9% of the players are shown.

I am sure I was not the only Cardinals fan that was slamming the organization for not doing more at the wide receiver position last offseason, and relying on Brown when he was unreliable.

Fool me once.

As for the Cardinals questioning if Brown did everything he could do to get back on the field?

No one knows the answer to that question, but his employer has EVERY RIGHT to ask the question of a player that was paid two years of paychecks for doing practically nothing for the team.

Loyalty only goes so far. When you take the emotion out of it (which I'm sure is hard for ANYONE to do in a situation like this) bottom line is iif you don't produce, you don't deserve another contract.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Fool me once.

At least he acknowledged he had issues. Probably should heave left off the part about loyalty and just thanked the organization for taking a flyer on a Pittsburg State kid and giving him the opportunity to actually make a name for himself.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He sure was exciting to watch those first two years. Sucks about his health issues. However the NFL is a business and if he wants another shot he will have to prove it first on a minimum deal.

Wish nothing but the best for the kid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave