Good News/Bad News

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Good News is that last night showed that Arizona is a lock for the Number One pick in the upcoming draft.

The Bad News is that last night, also showed that we might have to use it on the Oregon QB. He's more athletic than Rosen, which is in essential when your OL is bad. Having two top QB's can work out (didn't Dallas have two about 20 years ago). And whoever loses the PS battle can be put up for trade. People can point to Goff, but Goff was the Number One overall pick, while Rosen was the fourth QB selected.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DVontel, maybe it's my age, but I don't understand your post. If I did something wrong, I apologize.

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
Garth - agreed. I was thinking about this dilemma as well. i think we are a lock for the first pick and that kid from Oregon looks legit, once in a decade kind of guy. Trade value could be off the charts but should we pass on as sure a thing as it gets? Guess we will see how Rosen develops.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
It’s really wild how you thought of this, typed it, analyzed it, & still managed to hit “Post Reply”.
It won't happen. But ur really condescending here dude. Not cool. He shouldn't be apologizing!
DVontel, maybe it's my age, but I don't understand your post. If I did something wrong, I apologize.
You don't owe condescending BS any apologies sir.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have to pay attention to what happens in the NFL to young mobile QB's, they either learn not to run, or they get hurt.

The ideal is Rodgers, runs just enough to avoid getting hit more often and makes plays downfield but that's rare. Watson looked like he was going to be like that but then he tore his ACL in practice and this year he's been nursing 2 injuries that both happened when he ran for a first down and took a hit.

We need to get Rosen help.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the risks you take with a new young QB is that the team has a bad outing and the fans want to replace him before he's gotten past the table of contents section of the playbook.

Just from the standpoint of carrying two expensive young field generals on the roster, I think we have to be all - in on Rosen or throw away good money and replace him (not likely)

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah this team has a ton of holes to fill and QB isn't a priority.

Top Priorities:

LB
OL
WR

Attempting to fill holes through the draft instead of taking the top talent available is part of the reason we're in this mess.

Calais gone? Lets take headcase Nkemdiche because we need a DL.

Need someone next to Buc? First rounder on Reddick.

Floyd is a screw up? Lets reach for Chad Williams.

etc etc etc

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attempting to fill holes through the draft instead of taking the top talent available is part of the reason we're in this mess.

The Cardinals have so many holes on the roster it doesn't matter. They need help all over. They just need to be sure their BPA is actually a difference maker.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals have so many holes on the roster it doesn't matter. They need help all over. They just need to be sure their BPA is actually a difference maker.

Agree on that.. If we get the first pick and the Giants want to move up for Herbert, we need to take their picks and re-stock with the best talent available across the board.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on that.. If we get the first pick and the Giants want to move up for Herbert, we need to take their picks and re-stock with the best talent available across the board.

That is actually the best case scenario pick ahead of someone who has a good pick but wants a QB, and then make a move down and load up on picks.

We still need to go BPA, if it's Oliver or Bosa you take them. But we need to lock down more talent this offseason both the draft and FA.

It's scary how bad this offseason was in hindsight, we hired a coach who insisted he wasn't married to teh 4-3 and then went 4-3. We hired an OC and then drafted a QB who doesn't seem to match the OC at all. We didn't seem to make any logical moves for a team switching to a 4-3 or switching to McCoys offense. We took an OC who is a terrible run game coach, and tried to put together a good run blocking OL, they're all hurt and we can't pass block a lick now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen im pretty sure is the answer
But i would invest every year a pick in a qb
A mid rounder qb is worth a risk, if he works then u trade him for an higher pick