Good article on PFF

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-primed-for-a-break-out-season-in-2013/page/2

Its called 5 Cardinals primed for a break out season.

The part that I enjoyed the most was on page 2. It mentioned Rashad Johnson. He is the one guy I don't expect much from. They said he was rated the 6 best cover safety. And if he played more he would of been rated higher.

It also said he was thrown at 6 times and he intercepted 2 of those.

Interesting for me. If Johnson can play, a big hole will be filled.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All excited until I saw it was from bleacher report.

I do like the players they selected for the Cards potentially breaking out, as would any fan of the team.

Rashad, he has to be better than most fans think because the Cards let Rhodes walk and cut Adub. Some will say it was just the Cards being cheap but it has to be more than just a money move.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
While it is from Bleacher Report (and I've had my fair share of rants about them), the writer's bio does say he is an analyst for Pro Football Focus -- that might have been where the thread title came from.

Tyson is a graduate of UNLV with a degree in sports management. While at UNLV he worked for the NCAA as a compliance assistant and at Caric Sports Management as an assistant to the owner, Steve Caric. Currently, Tyson works as an analyst for Pro Football Focus and also spends a good amount of time working directly with the Sports and Information department of an NFL team. Outside of work Tyson enjoys spending time at the lake, working out and keeping up on the latest Apple news.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
All excited until I saw it was from bleacher report.

I do like the players they selected for the Cards potentially breaking out, as would any fan of the team.

Rashad, he has to be better than most fans think because the Cards let Rhodes walk and cut Adub. Some will say it was just the Cards being cheap but it has to be more than just a money move.
Yea, I meant to say the rating of Johnson was done by PFF.

Rhodes was to free up money. ADub was both a money and production move if you ask me.

Didnt Rhodes save 6mill on the cap? If we got Dansby for 2.5, Rhodes was overpaid.

I wouldn't call either move cheap. But better cap usage.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it is from Bleacher Report (and I've had my fair share of rants about them), the writer's bio does say he is an analyst for Pro Football Focus -- that might have been where the thread title came from.

Tyson is a graduate of UNLV with a degree in sports management. While at UNLV he worked for the NCAA as a compliance assistant and at Caric Sports Management as an assistant to the owner, Steve Caric. Currently, Tyson works as an analyst for Pro Football Focus and also spends a good amount of time working directly with the Sports and Information department of an NFL team. Outside of work Tyson enjoys spending time at the lake, working out and keeping up on the latest Apple news.

They need to do a better job of distinguishing the hacks from the pros on there.

HotSauce

Veteran
Reaction score
Pro Football Focus has some good stuff and some very questionable stuff. It's all pretty subjective either way.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pro Football Focus has some good stuff and some very questionable stuff. It's all pretty subjective either way.

PFF has my vote of confidence as they have guys analyze every player on every play. They take into account scheme and how the player did play after play and grade EVERYTHING.

You could ALMOST GM off of PFF reports.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson has an undeserved bad reputation on here. The truth is he just wasn't out on the field much. He hasn't proven much good or bad. He may very well suck this year, but there's little reason to assume one way or the other based on his past.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson has an undeserved bad reputation on here. The truth is he just wasn't out on the field much. He hasn't proven much good or bad. He may very well suck this year, but there's little reason to assume one way or the other based on his past.

Well that depends on how much credit you give the Defensive coaches. If Rashad Johnson were any good why did Arizona bring in Kerry Rhodes? It's a huge gamble as far as I'm concerned to think Johnson can fill either Wilson or Rhodes shoes.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that depends on how much credit you give the Defensive coaches. If Rashad Johnson were any good why did Arizona bring in Kerry Rhodes? It's a huge gamble as far as I'm concerned to think Johnson can fill either Wilson or Rhodes shoes.

Rashad did not have a good rookie year but he did have Rolle and Adub in front of him. So Rolle gets overpaid in FA the Cards FO decides to bring in Rhodes to ensure they have a quality FS starting.

Does that mean Rashad sucked and they had no hope for him? I don't think it was the case. The fact that Adub's playing time was being reduced and that was directly tied to the increase in Rashad's playing time speaks volumes to me. Especially since that's when he got his two interceptions.

Maybe it took longer than we wanted for the light bulb to go on for RJ. Maybe he was stuck behind to clearly talented Safeties.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rashad did not have a good rookie year but he did have Rolle and Adub in front of him. So Rolle gets overpaid in FA the Cards FO decides to bring in Rhodes to ensure they have a quality FS starting.

Does that mean Rashad sucked and they had no hope for him? I don't think it was the case. The fact that Adub's playing time was being reduced and that was directly tied to the increase in Rashad's playing time speaks volumes to me. Especially since that's when he got his two interceptions.

Maybe it took longer than we wanted for the light bulb to go on for RJ. Maybe he was stuck behind to clearly talented Safeties.

Of course he was. Two guys clearly better than he was who were released because of money not skill. I haven't seen Johnson do much of anything other than that one interception last season vs the Lions. The other was a ball that Roddy White whiffed on that came right to Johnson. Odd thing about that Atlanta int by Rashad. He was replaced by Sanders and then Wilson on the Falcons next two possessions. One thing about Horton you just never knew what he was going to do next.

11 Tackles, not counting special teams, and 2 Pdfs just doesn't jump out at me as a guy to replace either Rhodes or Wilson.