Going into year 3 with KK

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what the “air raid” offense is?

To me it looks like the spread offense undermanned college teams use to try and pull the rare upset. Problem is, pro teams aren’t undermanned.

To me, the offense is 5-7 yard outs/curls, quick passes behind LOS, and an occasional hope for a lucky long ball completion.

There’s no intermediate passing game and that’s the key to being a successful offense in the NFL. The 12-20 yard crossing and seam routes are crucial to being a successful, productive offense.

Either Murray isn’t good at it or Kliff won’t run it. But Kk’s vaunted air raid offense(whatever it is) leaves a lot to be desired and DC’s know it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what the “air raid” offense is?

To me it looks like the spread offense undermanned college teams use to try and pull the rare upset. Problem is, pro teams aren’t undermanned.

To me, the offense is 5-7 yard outs/curls, quick passes behind LOS, and an occasional hope for a lucky long ball completion.

There’s no intermediate passing game and that’s the key to being a successful offense in the NFL. The 12-20 yard crossing and seam routes are crucial to being a successful, productive offense.

Either Murray isn’t good at it or Kliff won’t run it. But Kk’s vaunted air raid offense(whatever it is) leaves a lot to be desired and DC’s know it.
This nails it.we are a -2 to 5 yard passing team hoping and praying for yards after the catch…. Which doesn’t happen often in this league.
In addition this hurry up no huddle offense isn’t scaring or fooling anybody except our own players. I believe it’s adding to the confusion problem, the presnap penalties and needless timeouts.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
feel like this thread should wait for at least until after week 4 of this season

we wont get any new information on Kliffs offense is until then

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
All I know this is the year. He should have the players and Murray should be much improved. No more excuses.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
So far I haven’t seen much inventive offense. A starting Edmonds & Moore as a target could change all that. I think Dortch and Moore at the same time could be highly productive. They’re both game breakers. It shouldn’t take many games to see if the new weapons came be dramatically used. If not I’d dump Kingsbury.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
No audibles, no hot routes, no scheming guys open, very few rub routes, (seemingly) no line adjustments, very limited motion, and very little deception. This offense is as vanilla as it gets, and if KM doesn't play spectacular... you can often find this offense completely stuck in the mud. If massive scheme improvements aren't made to the passing game...then I really dont see how KM can take the next step forward in his progression.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have also liked K2 but he needs to step his game this year or be gone . He needs to figure out something to help Kyler in that 15 to 20 yard range. Also he needs to finds a median on when to be aggressive on 4th down. It so frustrating that he can be meek when aggression is needed or vice versa.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Murray "preseason" stuff was eyebrow raising.

A competitive qb should be looking to maximize and execute every snap (even if it is preseason)

Its a broader indictment of Kliff, i dont know what to make of this season.

Could be good and I overthought, or the lack of discipline exposes itself

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson