Glee (FOX)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
So did anybody get a chance to watch the preview episode that aired last week on Fox?

Surprisingly I really enjoyed the pilot. It has a great little charm with the characters especially the lead glee girl who has a Tracey Flick like personality and the lead glee boy has the Chris Klein character in him.

The musical numbers were even pretty good. Especially "Don't Stop Believin'" to end the show.

Although I am not sure when the show airs again.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I think I would probably let someone kick me in the face before I watch that.

Not my cup of tea I guess.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been watching this and I'm hooked. Jane Lynch is hilarious as Sue Sylvester (Cheer coach).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glee

You must be registered for see images attach

The one-hour series follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school's Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals.

McKinley High School's Glee Club used to be at the top of the show choir world, but years later, a series of scandals have turned it into a haven for misfits and social outcasts. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison, Broadway's "Hairspray") has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring the Glee Club to its former glory.

Even with the help of fellow teacher Emma Pillsburry (Jayma Mays, "Ugly Betty"), it won't be easy since the "brightest stars" of the pitch-imperfect club include Kurt (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; Mercedes (Amber Riley), a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back up; Arty (Kevin McHale, "True Blood"), a geeky guitarist who attracts more bullies than girls; and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz, "Spring Awakening"), an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before her center stage solo.

Will's only hope lies with two true talents: Rachel (Lea Michele, "Spring Awakening"), a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced show choir is her ticket to stardom; and Finn (Cory Monteith, "Kyle XY"), the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his cool reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend, Quinn (Dianna Agron), and his arrogant teammate, Puck (Mark Salling).

Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong-from his tough-as-nails wife Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig, "Nip/Tuck") to McKinley's cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch, "Best In Show," "Role Models") to an ber-hip world that thinks jazz hands and sequined tuxedos litter the road to infamy rather than pave the way to Hollywood dreams.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it for the first time the other night since friends were raving about it. LOVED IT! Am gonna catch up on past episodes on the net as soon as I have some time.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched it last night for the first time. Louis, you are right. It's a charming show and it made me laugh out loud more than once. I will absolutely add this to the (slim) list of shows I will not miss.

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone still watching this?

Last night's episode was so well written I wanted to applaud. There is such attention to detail in this show. (Loved the look of the American Legion hall or wherever it was for the wedding reception that wasn't.) I love that there are quick references to things in the script and the editing is so clean. Either you "get it" or you don't and they aren't going to smack you in the face hoping you do. I feel like this show respects the intelligence of its audience.

The reference to Altamont Speedway was perfect. The easy line would have been for him to claim he'd been at Woodstock. 95% of the shows on TV today would have gone with the Woodstock line.

Great show.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Was it the season finale that was re-aired last night?

Can't wait for the new eps to kick off in April.

I was surprised when watching the DVD extras that the guy who created this show also created that plastic surgery show on FX. Two completely different types of tv shows.

And yes great show.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seth Meyers had a funny line about this show a couple of weekends back:

“It was announced this week that the cast of Glee will embark on a seven-date live concert tour this spring, said your son who never got the hang of throwing a spiral.”

Although, to be fair my wife and I watch this show and I enjoy the different takes on some of my favorite songs.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
... said your son who never got the hang of throwing a spiral.”.

And that's exactly why this show is a hit and why there is going to be a tour. Because there are millions of kids out there who will never get the hang of throwing a spiral. And they know it. And up until now maybe their life has been hell because they couldn't. Or because they were the wrong sex.

But the kids on "Glee" are saying to all those kids that they can be O.K. too. That they can be cool. That it's O.K. to be in the glee club or the math club or all the other clubs that only the dorks belong to. This is the show that says it's O.K. to be in a wheelchair. Or *gasp* gay.

I think there are a few hundred million Boomers who are watching this show because their kids and grandkids are and those Boomers are secretly saying, "Man. I wish this show had been on when I was in high school."

The people that thought this show up, and are making sure it's one of the best written shows on TV, hit a nerve. And a goldmine.

And the music is the big red bow on top of the box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
The way they have covered Kurt's homosexuality has been impressive. His dad's care for his son is a true example of how parent's should react.

They did the great episode where they tried to raise money for a wheel chair accessible bus.

You are right Dems, they cover some really serious and relevant material. They just happen to incorporate songs (that immediately chart at the top of iTunes) with good humor and sharp wit. And that's how Lou "C"s it.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to tell you, Louis, I pay attention to your recommendations and viewpoints. You are, actually, quite wise. :)

(Or maybe I think that because I agree with you so much. LOL But you did just recommend a couple of books I've put on my list.)

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonite's episode had one of the single best scenes in the history of TV

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Tonite's episode had one of the single best scenes in the history of TV

Are you referring to the basement scene between Kurt, Finn, and Kurt's dad?

If so, that was a great, great scene.

As I've said in a previous post, the way they cover Kurt and his dad's relationship has been fantastic. For me since Kurt is one of my favorite characters, I was really happy to see that he and his dad get to reclaim their relationship after a few weeks of his dad doting on Finn.

Also the writing was on the wall for the end scene, but that was a feel good moment. I was wondering of Puck was going to even things out, but didn't expect the entire club to be there.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup - that is what I was referring to...

Loved the end scene too

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched part of the first episode. My response "Is there always this much singing?"

I have no interest.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I watched it for the first time the other night since friends were raving about it. LOVED IT! Am gonna catch up on past episodes on the net as soon as I have some time.

Hahaha ... I did the same thing. Dissed it when it first came out, then saw an episode AND I WAS HOOKED! :)

During the summer they had a Glee marathon so I managed to watch catch most of last year's episodes.

Finally a new episode coming this Tuesday :thumbup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard