Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Girls Trip

Release date: July 21, 2017
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Malcolm Lee
MPAA Rating: R (for crude and sexual content throughout, pervasive language, brief graphic nudity, and drug material)
Screenwriters: Kenya Barris, Tracy Oliver
Genre: Comedy

Starring: Regina Hall, Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah, Larenz Tate

Plot Summary: Four lifelong friends who travel to New Orleans for the annual Essence Festival and rediscover their sisterhoods and wild sides – enough dancing, drinking, brawling and romancing to make the Big Easy blush.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this.

For the first hour, I thought I was watching a new comedy classic. The jokes stopped in the second hour and the sap poured in but the characters bought enough goodwill in the first half that I still enjoyed the second half... just not as much as the first.

Really solid flick though.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got this from the library. I liked it! Tiffany Haddish’s character had me dying of laughter. I generally enjoy Queen Latifah in her movies and this was no exception. Some “crazy train” moments but a fun movie overall.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Finally got this from the library. I liked it! Tiffany Haddish’s character had me dying of laughter. I generally enjoy Queen Latifah in her movies and this was no exception. Some “crazy train” moments but a fun movie overall.
ummm I dont know what rails you're traveling but it's called the 'absurdity train'. ©Bert 2015 :p

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ummm I dont know what rails you're traveling but it's called the 'absurdity train'. ©Bert 2015 :p
LMAO I knew as I was typing it that it was the wrong word! I was like “this word doesn’t feel right, why does this feel weird?!”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard