Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really feeling it either, but I'd totally watch when it hits cable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trailer looks good but doesn't feel like Ghostbusters. I think it's the lack of humor in the trailer. Although, I get the feeling they are holding back not to reveal too much. Can't really tell from a trailer though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The trailer looks good but doesn't feel like Ghostbusters. I think it's the lack of humor in the trailer. Although, I get the feeling they are holding back not to reveal too much. Can't really tell from a trailer though.
Yeah this. I’ll see it. Probably with the boys. But it’s missing the music. Has to have the music.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The trailer was interesting and I'm interested, but I agree about the above.

Ghostbusters was a comedic movie with a lot of good music production and summer ghosts and drama.

I'm not interested in a serious Ghostbusters or a disaster movie Ghostbusters.

Sure, you have to save the world..... But it shouldn't be so that serious

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh... looks like Tri-Star basically said "Hey... let's smush Ghostbusters together with Stranger Things! Throw in a little Paul Rudd and we're golden!"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
meh... looks like Tri-Star basically said "Hey... let's smush Ghostbusters together with Stranger Things! Throw in a little Paul Rudd and we're golden!"
Are you just saying that because of Finn Wolfhard? I mean, they DO look like they're busting ghosts...

And to be fair, throw Paul Rudd into almost anything and you're golden.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you just saying that because of Finn Wolfhard? I mean, they DO look like they're busting ghosts...

And to be fair, throw Paul Rudd into almost anything and you're golden.

I’m saying that because the trailer centers around a bunch on kids, with a single mom like Winona and Rudd thrown in as nice Hopper.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to go in with this with low expectations. I hope I am pleasantly surprised because revitalizing the franchise would be cool.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bill Murray is back and the original guys I am sure don't have much screen time. However, it's sad it took this long. Murray coming back is a bit of a shock because he has been so determined never to play the part again. Not sure if Harold Ramis death was a factor or if this was truly the first script, he thought was worthy. He did say "The script is good. It's got lots of emotion in it. It's got lots of family in it, with through lines that are really interesting. It's gonna work."

It will likely be the last time we see Murray in his role so I am going to roll with it. He even mentioned how physically taxing it was to put on the Ghostbusters gear. I hope this is so good it spawns continuation with the new cast.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's got Mr. Stay Puft. I'm good to go.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, the friend I'm meeting is deathly afraid of indoor eating because you have to take your mask off, and though he doesn't like the idea of a movie theater either, he can keep his mask on, so he came up with the idea of catching a flick. We've both already watched several, and of the remaining bad choices, I agreed to this one. Hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised. I've heard this is so tonally different from Ghostbusters it's the opposite, so I'm not holding my breath. Still, I'll give it a shot. You never know. I gave The Last Duel a shot, which I thought would suck, and it was excellent.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think it was tonally that much different. Obviously the technology is far better but it doesn't take over the movie. To me at least, it FELT like Ghostbusters.

There was another concern floating out there that it was a blatant attempt to emulate Stranger Things (and having Finn Wolfhard in it doesn't help) and I went into the movie with that in mind. I didn't get that feeling at all. If anything, it was more of a blend of Goonies and Ghostbusters than Stranger Things and Ghostbusters. I don't mean that in a campy way.

One more thing. While an understated performance and understandably so, I thought McKenna Grace was awesome in the movie. She was really great, and her friend stole the show at times.

Perhaps a better way to convey my enjoyment of this movie is to say I really want to see it again and soon.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thing has an insane audience score. My guess is it's nostalgia driving such a high audience score. Plan on taking the fam at some point this weekend if we can figure it out. It's hard when you have two in college. Plus the wife and I are getting our Covid boosters so we may feel like crap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose