Gardeck injury

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I struggle to think of a comp for Gardeck.

His combine scores were actually excellent but ignored because of his lack of D1 experience.

Right now we are playing him effectively as a DE and he is wrecking guys who are much larger than him

Clay Matthews.

Matthews wasn't too big either and they both play with reckless abandon.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Prayers to Dennis.

This would be a tough blow to Big Red & their pass rush if it’s a serious injury. A huge loss.

Its really scary how much he looks like Tillman with his helmet on. Scary similar. He came up to me at the Tampa game last year in the end zone & I got the chills & eerie feeling at the sight, in a good way.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I saw him grab his knee in live action and it didn’t look right. There are certain gestures players make that are tell tale signs, and that just seemed like one of those.

losing him will be a huge loss to this team.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Prayers to Dennis.

This would be a tough blow to Big Red & their pass rush if it’s a serious injury. A huge loss.

Its really scary how much he looks like Tillman with his helmet on. Scary similar. He came up to me at the Tampa game last year in the end zone & I got the chills & eerie feeling at the sight, in a good way.
I have thought the same thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No news yet about the injury as far as I can tell.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No news yet about the injury as far as I can tell.

fingers crossed

Calvisi reported that Dennis was in good spirits on the cart, and in fact, had them stop the cart so he could watch some plays at the end of the game

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fingers crossed

Calvisi reported that Dennis was in good spirits on the cart, and in fact, had them stop the cart so he could watch some plays at the end of the game

Dude really made a believer out of me this year. Basically for the same reason as Reddick. They told him to 'sic em boy' and just go after the QB. Gardeck when he came in prior to this year was asked to play middle LB which clearly isn't his strong suit.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gardeck and Reddick have made Chandler moveable. He doesn’t provide enough surplus value at his $ number and with only one year left on his deal, I think we could net a pretty good return (even though he’s old).

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Gardeck and Reddick have made Chandler moveable. He doesn’t provide enough surplus value at his $ number and with only one year left on his deal, I think we could net a pretty good return (even though he’s old).

I love having a surplus of pass rushers, after quarterback it’s arguably the most important position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You can never have enough pass rushers. I strongly disagree with this. What is does do is make your sub packages a little less predictable. Gardeck is best used in small dosages.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Seems to me it wasn't an ACL type injury, instead just a bump to knee and then knee to ground.

Hoping for the best, dude plays like his hair is on fire.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe - depends on what we can get for Chandler, and how much it will cost to resign Reddick and Gardeck - I think it may be more than you think- and both are undersized.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can never have enough pass rushers. I strongly disagree with this. What is does do is make your sub packages a little less predictable. Gardeck is best used in small dosages.

Obviously. You can never have enough of everything. At a price. It’s a hard cap league, you can’t have everything you want. Chandler is on the wrong side of 30, looked old this year before he got hurt. The injury wasn’t one that I’m particularly concerned about, but I’d rather draft a cheap replacement and get a cheap vet in FA. Chandler isn’t exactly great in coverage, and he’s merely decent at setting the edge. I would rather give his money to Reddick.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe - depends on what we can get for Chandler, and how much it will cost to resign Reddick and Gardeck - I think it may be more than you think- and both are undersized.

There are some really good 3/4 stand up guys in the draft as well. If we get a top50 pick for him that’s a major consideration.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love having a surplus of pass rushers, after quarterback it’s arguably the most important position.

Of course. I agree. But I was referring to “surplus” as his projected value above cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard