Gameday thread Giants at Cardinals 12-24-17

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
might be wrong,... but I fell in love with wentz before the draft because the kid has a rare football mind. several good young QB's in this draft but I dont think any of them will equal wentz....may have a better career, lol... but not be his equal

I think the trick is having 'a football mind' as you say but even more importantly being able to process what you know in correlation to a developing play. If one sat Blaine Gabbert down and asked him football questions, he would respond probably better than Wentz but it's what one does in the split second of the play, processing what they do know and Wentz can. Stanton knows our offense like the back of his hand but lacks the skill though he processes the known information far better than Blaine. This is why I still think the major emphasis of reviewing a young QB is seeing the guy in a pressure situation and reacting accordingly. Watson did that on the field in college and as a Texan and it comes as no surprise what he had done so far as a pro. I do not care what the QB says in the Gruden sit down while relaxing in a chair looking at a screen, being right and then acting on the variables are two totally different situations... the ability to process what one understands and the accuracy to act is what I am looking for

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the trick is having 'a football mind' as you say but even more importantly being able to process what you know in correlation to a developing play. If one sat Blaine Gabbert down and asked him football questions, he would respond probably better than Wetz but it's what one does in the split second of the play, processing what they do know and Wetz can. Stanton knows our offense like the back of his hand but lacks the skill though he processes the known information far better than Blaine. This is why I still think the major emphasis of reviewing a young QB is see them in a pressure situation and reacting accordingly. Watson did that on the field in college and as a Texan and it comes as no surprise what he had done so far as a pro. I do not care what the QB says in the Gruden sit down while relaxing in a chair looking at a screen, being right and then acting on the variables are two totally different situations... the ability to process what one understands and the accuracy to act is what I am looking for
Truth.
Dudes like Deshaun just win... thats why I liked Cardale Jones even though he had limited experience,..when the chips were down he made plays. Unfortunately for him he has gone to the NFL's late round pick purgatory,...teams invest very little in later picks. A guy like that needs to hire his own coach for the off season like Brees did so many years ago.
You know Sam is my guy,...but I am way looking forward to seeing how he performs in this bowl game. 22/30 for 250 and 2 TD's might win a game but doesn't signal that he responded well to the pressure...
on the flip side, one Tim Tebow was a guy who pulled wins out of his ass when the chips were down....a guy has to be able to win the average game too.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
All right, which one of you is this? LOL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
his record is still 21-10 after taking over a team that was 5-11 the previous year.

But yeah, genius move passing up on Dak... and every other QB in the draft except logan Thomas for the last FIVE YEARS.

No no no that was last year we don't count pass sucess here

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a pleasure watching Larry Fitzgerald in person today.

It sure was. What a day for Fitz. My wife was irritated with me for going to the game on Xmas eve, but it is what it is.

Sorry baby, but that was a great gift for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort