Game balls vikes game

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can do that every game, for every QB. You could pick apart mistakes from Tom Brady yesterday. If you want to. The perfect game is never going to happen. So, you can endless entertainment doing that.

We are taking a lot more deep shots so far, which is what pretty much everyone wanted to see. That will lead to more INTs. It's a tradeoff. I accept it as a good thing. You take the bad INT deep yesterday because we had more deep shots that hit. IMO.
And you know what? I’ll bet every teams board discusses the bad plays . . . even those by Tom Brady. And when kyler racks up as many super bowls abd championships as Tom Brady your comparison will actually mean something.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is 400 yards some magical outlier that means you can’t criticize the bad stuff he does in the exact same game? Let me know now because I’ve seen plenty of QBs throw for 400 and their teams lose and not be close games. So if that’s the case I need to know so I can’t ever criticize plays made by a 400 yard passer ever in the future?

Not at all, and nobody is saying you can't criticize the tiny minority of plays that were poor. I criticized that run play at the time.

But I really can't get my head around the thinking that those plays make Kyler less deserving of a game ball. He was fantastic for the vast majority of the game. It was a top 3 game he's ever played for us. If he's not worthy of a game ball now then he never will be.

That's not denying there were a few issues, but the good vastly outweighs the bad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I guess the board should be nothing more than:

Great game!

Kyler rocked!

Did you see that great throw? Yes!!!

We won!

Silliness. It’s okay to talk about the errors. In fact, it makes more sense to talk more at length about errors than successes bc there’s just not much to pick apart with successes. You celebrate them. Something literally every cardinals fan did this week over and over.

But, okay, you be you and whine about, or blow outta proportion, other posters wanting to discuss certain plays.

Now who's putting words in people mouths?

Talking about the few bad plays he made is fine. Saying those few bad plays override all the great stuff he did so he doesn't deserve a game ball is silly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you know what? I’ll bet every teams board discusses the bad plays . . . even those by Tom Brady. And when kyler racks up as many super bowls abd championships as Tom Brady your comparison will actually mean something.

Has any person said you can't discuss the bad plays? I can't recall one.

Everyone should be discussing the bad plays.

That's a completely different argument to "Kyler did X, Y and Z wrong which over rules all the good stuff he did so doesn't deserve any credit or a game ball". Which is what I, Chris and many others are actually in disagreement about.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty hilarious how emotionally invested people are with whether Kyler Murray gets an imaginary game ball on a message board.

Not remotely invested. The game ball is just a symbol that represents a great performance. The argument is that some people seem to think that it wasn't a great performance because of a few less than optimal plays.

It's like arguing someone shouldn't be MVP because they had 12 INT's on the season and that greatness only equals perfection.

Anyway, I've said my piece on it. Kyler had a great game. Possibly his best.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not remotely invested. The game ball is just a symbol that represents a great performance. The argument is that some people seem to think that it wasn't a great performance because of a few less than optimal plays.

It's like arguing someone shouldn't be MVP because they had 12 INT's on the season and that greatness only equals perfection.

Anyway, I've said my piece on it. Kyler had a great game. Possibly his best.
You’re not mad. You’re actually laughing. That’s why you and Chris have posted the same information a whole bunch of times and are involved in a heated “am not”/“are too” battle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re not mad. You’re actually laughing. That’s why you and Chris have posted the same information a whole bunch of times and are involved in a heated “am not”/“are too” battle.

That's what normally happens when different people have different opinions no? There are several people here equally invested in "Kyler didn't try hard enough on that 2nd down run" after all.

Which, by the way, I agree with. I just don't think it detracts from an otherwise great performance.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think later in the game players get exhausted both mentally and physically. They make mistakes. Did I like that play by Kyler, no. Do I trust Kingsbury completely, no. Did I like that Rondale tried to strip the ball rather than tackle the dude, no. Did they play well overall, yes, imo

I love watching this team play, win or lose, which has not been the case for many previous seasons. I'm still conditioned to expect disaster and was dumbfounded that the missed field goal happened to the opponent and not the Cardinals. Will they implode like last year, which was painful to witness? I hope not, so on to J-ville.

Give the whole team and coaches a game ball.. they pulled it out of thin air.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It’s okay bc I’m sure the next time he does the same mistake he’ll also throw for 400 yards and account for four TDs. Can’t criticize a players specific plays on ASFN anymore. New rule.
Except the point of people pointing out those couple bad plays is to suggest that despite 400+ yards and 3 TDs he doesn't deserve a game ball. Suggesting that a guy who is responsible for more plays by far than anyone else on the team shouldn't get a game ball because of a couple bad plays out of 50+ seems kind of crazy to me.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kurt might be the best defense reader of all time. Atleast top 5. Kyler will
Never get to that point. But Kyler is amazing. We will have to live with his 1 bone head decision a game. Would anyone here not take a 44 TD 17 Int season? With 13 rushing TDs. The key is if our defense plays top 10 all year we can win 12 games. Because our offense will avg about 33-37 a game.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well that’s a bit crazy but okay.
Well I’m serious. Is Mahomes really better or is the scheme there really good too. I mean they have tons of offensive talent. Mahomes is in the perfect system just like Kyler is. But remember Mahomes didn’t have a winning record in college. So its
Not like he carried his college team to greatness. I think Mahomes is really good but I think a few QBs shine in KC

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't compare them based on achievement. Please don't put words in my mouth.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L
Well I’m serious. Is Mahomes really better or is the scheme there really good too. I mean they have tons of offensive talent. Mahomes is in the perfect system just like Kyler is. But remember Mahomes didn’t have a winning record in college. So its
Not like he carried his college team to greatness. I think Mahomes is really good but I think a few QBs shine in KC
mahomes is better .... Could that change? Maybe but right now I would take mahomes over Kyler straight up all day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L

mahomes is better .... Could that change? Maybe but right now I would take mahomes over Kyler straight up all day.

I think any one who isn’t a total homer would. Kyler has the potential to be not just All-Pro, but All-Time great. But he’s got a ways to go to cut down on mental errors and his turnovers. Mahommes is already there and was from the second he started, playing at a superstar level from every single passing metric, including turnovers where he only had 23 his first 3 seasons. That’s 8 interceptions per season. That’s sick. Also, dude is just a winner. Three seasons starting and one play away from taking his team to 3 straight Super Bowls... for a team the previous five years couldnt even win a playoff game. And at his size, he’s likely more durable than Murray.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think any one who isn’t a total homer would. Mahommes came out and was a superstar bar none the second he became a starter. Three seasons starting and one play away from taking his team to 3 straight Super Bowls... for a team the previous five years couldnt even win a playoff game.
Well there have been at least two or three posters on here in the last couple days it is said they would outright trade Kylie for anybody… Obviously home arisen but you know.....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think any one who isn’t a total homer would. Mahommes came out and was a superstar bar none the second he became a starter. Three seasons starting and one play away from taking his team to 3 straight Super Bowls... for a team the previous five years couldnt even win a playoff game.
Mahomes over Murray is a no brainer. But, Murray and Wilson? I think I would rather have Murray due to the age difference.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Alex Smith was a pro bowl QB for Andy Reid but they were never a threat. They made the switch and were contenders instantly... Mahomes is having the worst two game start of his career and has a 131 passer rating.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes over Murray is a no brainer. But, Murray and Wilson? I think I would rather have Murray due to the age difference.

Wouldn’t quibble with that either. Kyler’s upside is SKY-HIGH. Like ALL-TIME GREAT sky high. And he’s got 8 years on Russ.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree but what about Wilson if he’s the same age? Purely hypothetical obviously

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I would take Wilson over Kyler for the next 2-3 years. He’s a proven elite QB with playoff success.

Prior to this year I might’ve said the same thing about Rodgers but his passive-aggressive douchebaggery is too annoying.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are pretty close based on their first two seasons statistically. Murray has about +1200 passing yards in his first two seasons over Wilson. Wilson had more TDs and fewer INTs. Murray ran for more yards and had more rushing TDs. Wilson has the better passer rating based on the first two years. I don't remember those Seahawk seasons, but they probably made the playoffs both years. (?)

I think it is pretty much a push. But, the edge is with Wilson at the same point in careers. So, Wilson.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose