Game balls vikes game

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Two easy yards he clearly could have gotten but dogged it at a crucial point in the second half. And two bad ints. And going out of bounds when we needed to Burn clock(rookie level mistake) ….. but beside that literally here NOBODY said he was bad. You’re being dramatic. We said not worthy of a game ball despite his heroics at other times. It’s not black and white. You’re bettter then that.
Apparently a lot of posters aren’t bc they keep playing that card.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Two easy yards he clearly could have gotten but dogged it at a crucial point in the second half. And two bad ints. And going out of bounds when we needed to Burn clock(rookie level mistake) ….. but beside that literally here NOBODY said he was bad. You’re being dramatic. We said not worthy of a game ball despite his heroics at other times. It’s not black and white. You’re bettter then that.
He was pretty bad in the second half.

If this team wants to win the division, let alone a ‘chip, we can’t have second halfs w/ all the mistakes you listed above from Murray. We also can’t have Kliff’s insanely bad clock management, nor consistent mental errors from the o-line early in games.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just can’t after 2 horrible INTs and and clearly dogging instead of going for that first down. Especially at a crucial point of tha game.
You do realize Lamar Jackson had 2 ints last night one being a pick 6. And today everyone of the experts said that was his best game ever. And he was best player on the field. Also Mahomes threw a horrible int yesterday trying to force a play. The great ones do. Murray is a top 3 QB right now and I wouldn’t trade him heads up fir any QB including Mahomes

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are dead on here that the movement was unnecessary. He creates urgency when there isn't any. What is the ceiling when he eliminates it?

So Baldy's breakdowns went over that in slow motion. That 360 is Kyler looking back to see where the defensive ends are while in the pocket. Super odd

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude threw for 400 yards and more words have been spoken about a run where he could have got a couple more yards. It's messed up.
Is 400 yards some magical outlier that means you can’t criticize the bad stuff he does in the exact same game? Let me know now because I’ve seen plenty of QBs throw for 400 and their teams lose and not be close games. So if that’s the case I need to know so I can’t ever criticize plays made by a 400 yard passer ever in the future?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude threw for 400 yards and more words have been spoken about a run where he could have got a couple more yards. It's messed up.

I know, but it is so damn irritating to see him keep making the same mistakes over and over. Why does he refuse to throw the ball away, or in this case stay in bounds to run the clock, or hustle for the first. Is it total lack of awareness, or really really bad coaching.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So Baldy's breakdowns went over that in slow motion. That 360 is Kyler looking back to see where the defensive ends are while in the pocket. Super odd

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jeebus, at 1:06 the RB (or whomever) is WIDE open for an easy layup first down and maybe TD.
2:45 Kyler has a dump-off to Chase Edmonds and razzle-dazzles instead.
5:35 Rondale Moore is WIDE OPEN in the flat for an easy first down

Kyler Murray made some mind-bending plays yesterday, but when you hear people like Kurt Warner say that K1 needs to take the layups, this is what he's talking about. Maybe only Kyler could have made all the throws that he made yesterday, but Jared Goff could have found an outlet on these three plays that Baldy notes are critical.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep he clearly and visibly slowed down instead of accelerating going for the first down. It looked awful live and worse on replay.

2nd and 8 and yes he slowed up no idea why and only got 6. Then got sacked on 3rd down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeebus, at 1:06 the RB (or whomever) is WIDE open for an easy layup first down and maybe TD.
2:45 Kyler has a dump-off to Chase Edmonds and razzle-dazzles instead.
5:35 Rondale Moore is WIDE OPEN in the flat for an easy first down

Kyler Murray made some mind-bending plays yesterday, but when you hear people like Kurt Warner say that K1 needs to take the layups, this is what he's talking about. Maybe only Kyler could have made all the throws that he made yesterday, but Jared Goff could have found an outlet on these three plays that Baldy notes are critical.

1:06 I guess it's Chase in the left sideline wide open? Kyler has his back to him at the point but that's because he spun back so presumably if he sits in the pocket he can make that throw I agree.

Disagree on the 2nd play at the point where Edmonds is a layup, the pressure is right in kylers face unblocked so he spins away. When he gets facing forward again Edmonds is no longer a layup because there's 2 guys coming up, it's possible but not a layup. at that point what's open is the wide open Steph Curry 3 to Rondale and that's what he took.

On the last one I see what you mean but honestly I think he took the easier throw. He couldn't really step into the throw to Moore on the right side. Jones and the RT both took the same guy then the RT peeled off to take the outside guy but that let Smith in unblocked right at Kyler. if he tries to plant and turn and throw to his right to Rondale IMO it's actually a harder throw than backing up and chucking it to Kirk who's running right in front of him. I get the layup over high risk play idea but to me there the easier throw is the one he took even though it's a longer throw.

Kurt makes those plays different but that's because Kurt would seen what's coming before the snap and he'd have been ready to take the quick hitter.

If Kyler ever gets close to reading defenses like Kurt did look out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, what I find funny is the wording on the Kyler TD to Hop. Kyler does a 360 in a clean pocket which causes him to see it a couple beats late but he still has the arm strength and whip to deliver the ball for a TD.

I agree it's a clean pocket but D Hop is NOT open until Kyler does the pirouette. If you watch the Baldy breakdown that K9 posted he shows it in slow motion when Kyler turns back around D Hop sees it at the time he's moving to his right he reverses course and goes left and now he's wide open. Kyler could have made the same throw in the clean pocket but it's NOT a given that D Hop would have broken left there that was breaking off the pattern because he saw where Kyler was going to move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You do realize Lamar Jackson had 2 ints last night one being a pick 6. And today everyone of the experts said that was his best game ever. And he was best player on the field. Also Mahomes threw a horrible int yesterday trying to force a play. The great ones do. Murray is a top 3 QB right now and I wouldn’t trade him heads up fir any QB including Mahomes
Well that’s a bit crazy but okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So I guess the board should be nothing more than:

Great game!

Kyler rocked!

Did you see that great throw? Yes!!!

We won!

Silliness. It’s okay to talk about the errors. In fact, it makes more sense to talk more at length about errors than successes bc there’s just not much to pick apart with successes. You celebrate them. Something literally every cardinals fan did this week over and over.

But, okay, you be you and whine about, or blow outta proportion, other posters wanting to discuss certain plays.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that’s a bit crazy but okay.

They asked on first take if you want Murray or Wilson and Stephen A said Murray.

He does this for 2-3 more weeks and it is a national coverage changing narrative. The real test is the Rams, who are daddy.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler really took his throwing on the run to the next level. I was concerned his experience as an outfielder rather than a shortstop could inhibit that ability.

But no, put that doubt to rest.

That throw to Moore was simply incredible. Very few if any qbs outside of Kyler are making that play in the situation

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know, but it is so damn irritating to see him keep making the same mistakes over and over. Why does he refuse to throw the ball away, or in this case stay in bounds to run the clock, or hustle for the first. Is it total lack of awareness, or really really bad coaching.
It’s okay bc I’m sure the next time he does the same mistake he’ll also throw for 400 yards and account for four TDs. Can’t criticize a players specific plays on ASFN anymore. New rule.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1:06 I guess it's Chase in the left sideline wide open? Kyler has his back to him at the point but that's because he spun back so presumably if he sits in the pocket he can make that throw I agree.

Disagree on the 2nd play at the point where Edmonds is a layup, the pressure is right in kylers face unblocked so he spins away. When he gets facing forward again Edmonds is no longer a layup because there's 2 guys coming up, it's possible but not a layup. at that point what's open is the wide open Steph Curry 3 to Rondale and that's what he took.

On the last one I see what you mean but honestly I think he took the easier throw. He couldn't really step into the throw to Moore on the right side. Jones and the RT both took the same guy then the RT peeled off to take the outside guy but that let Smith in unblocked right at Kyler. if he tries to plant and turn and throw to his right to Rondale IMO it's actually a harder throw than backing up and chucking it to Kirk who's running right in front of him. I get the layup over high risk play idea but to me there the easier throw is the one he took even though it's a longer throw.

Kurt makes those plays different but that's because Kurt would seen what's coming before the snap and he'd have been ready to take the quick hitter.

If Kyler ever gets close to reading defenses like Kurt did look out.
If he ever learns to read like Kurt they should just start canceling football and sending hardware out west.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sounds like whining (I guess-your words?) on both sides, maybe?
I dunno, maybe it’s just me, but I thought talking about specific football plays made football players on a football field in a football game on a board started to discuss football would be characterized as . . . talking football and those complaining about the people talking about football plays made by football players on a football field in a football game on a football chat board would be considered whining. But again, that’s just me and my basic understanding of the English language.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They asked on first take if you want Murray or Wilson and Stephen A said Murray.

He does this for 2-3 more weeks and it is a national coverage changing narrative. The real test is the Rams, who are daddy.
Murray/Wilson is a far cry from Murray/mahomes. The age difference alone of the two comps is night and day. I also wouldn’t trade murray for Wilson but I’d be running for phone if it was mahomes. And I believe I’d be in a massive majority.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler really took his throwing on the run to the next level. I was concerned his experience as an outfielder rather than a shortstop could inhibit that ability.

But no, put that doubt to rest.

That throw to Moore was simply incredible. Very few if any qbs outside of Kyler are making that play in the situation
Yup this season he’s had some Wilson type moments where he turns what could be a big run into a big, or even massive, pass. That’s a magical step he’s taken this far this season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray/Wilson is a far cry from Murray/mahomes. The age difference alone of the two comps is night and day. I also wouldn’t trade murray for Wilson but I’d be running for phone if it was mahomes. And I believe I’d be in a massive majority.

For sure.

I would also like to take this opportunity to recant every post I made about Kyler for Watson.

After all the rape it was nope but this version of Kyler has a higher ceiling than Watson. So in every possible aspect I was wrong.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess the board should be nothing more than:

Great game!

Kyler rocked!

Did you see that great throw? Yes!!!

We won!

Silliness. It’s okay to talk about the errors. In fact, it makes more sense to talk more at length about errors than successes bc there’s just not much to pick apart with successes. You celebrate them. Something literally every cardinals fan did this week over and over.

But, okay, you be you and whine about, or blow outta proportion, other posters wanting to discuss certain plays.
You can do that every game, for every QB. You could pick apart mistakes from Tom Brady yesterday. If you want to. The perfect game is never going to happen. So, you can endless entertainment doing that.

We are taking a lot more deep shots so far, which is what pretty much everyone wanted to see. That will lead to more INTs. It's a tradeoff. I accept it as a good thing. You take the bad INT deep yesterday because we had more deep shots that hit. IMO.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup this season he’s had some Wilson type moments where he turns what could be a big run into a big, or even massive, pass. That’s a magical step he’s taken this far this season.

He has yet to play a complete offensive game. Cant wait for a 450-500 yard domination by him in all 4 quarters

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Kyler for anyone currently playing. Cards drafted him, I want to see him play out his career here and be HOF and battle Mahomes in SBs for the next 10 years.

Warner and Palmer both had 4 and 5 int games and nobody said they weren't polished.

I'm excited about the franchise QB we drafted. Warner and Palmer were hasbeens from other teams when we got them. Keim and Bidwill sacrificed a lot, especially Keim, to move away from Rosen and get this dude.

I have no issues with KM or KK or the scheme or Kylers play. I get where that's coming from, the pull up on the sidelines, because when Cam did it a few years ago and didn't go for that ball everyone knew he didn't have it. This is a similar, I don't want to call it laziness, but a similar lack of something. That's valid. But when we're comparing and stacking up current QBs I don't want anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave