Gambo: Kieff wants out, won't talk to players or coaches

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Offer Utah Keef, Goodwin, the rights to Bogdan, the Cleveland pick and another protected pick for Favors.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Offer Utah Keef, Goodwin, the rights to Bogdan, the Cleveland pick and another protected pick for Favors.

Favors would be valued way higher, than Keiff. Plus Favors doesn't fit the Suns system and would mess up the spacing on the floor.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Markieff is the "premiere player". Man, I hope a piano falls on that guy's head if only to knock some sense into him.

It's not that bizarre of a statement when you consider the fact that Ryan McD, the GM of the Suns, himself kept on praising Kieff and calling him the "best player on the team" (direct quote), and other things along the lines of "most professional player eva", "most hardest working guy on Earth" etc (said the same about Bledsoe) during the Dragic saga when he went on radio to rip apart Dragic after they traded him to make it seem like Dragic was the Satan and all other players on this team are angels.

If anything I think McD himself made a mistake in praising Kieff too much and making him think he's better than he actually is..

HooverDam

Reaction score
dump him to Pistons for Ilyasova, is that work?

I'd do it in a second. Ilyasova isn't great, but Markieff needs to go. However, the Pistons likely know the Suns are desperate so we'd be lucky to get something of that much value in return.

Ilyasova can space the floor w/ a decent 3 point shot and is on a reasonable contract.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favors would be valued way higher, than Keiff. Plus Favors doesn't fit the Suns system and would mess up the spacing on the floor.

Keef, when he plays his game instead of pretending to be a stretch forward, also messes up the flooring. And just about every other trade idea that involves a power forward replacement also messes up the spacing (except for Anderson). But it's true, Favors is a much better player and I might not have thrown enough into the package to interest them.

I really have no idea what trade value Bogdan and Archie possess. My guess, Bogdan has first round value and Archie has second round value. But it's a starting point and it's the only upgrade I can think of that might be in our range. There have been rumors for a couple of seasons that either he isn't happy or maybe Utah doesn't think they can keep him long term.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Markieff is worth more than Illyasova.

The Suns need to play hardball and not give up Markieff Morris for less than fair value even if that means suspending him for a while. The Suns have the leverage here still with Markieff on a long term cheap contract.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Keef, when he plays his game instead of pretending to be a stretch forward, also messes up the flooring. And just about every other trade idea that involves a power forward replacement also messes up the spacing (except for Anderson). But it's true, Favors is a much better player and I might not have thrown enough into the package to interest them.

I really have no idea what trade value Bogdan and Archie possess. My guess, Bogdan has first round value and Archie has second round value. But it's a starting point and it's the only upgrade I can think of that might be in our range. There have been rumors for a couple of seasons that either he isn't happy or maybe Utah doesn't think they can keep him long term.

Markieff is a great midrange shooter. Favors has no range, his offensive game for a PF is extremely limited.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yes he has legitimately been one of the best players in europe since drafted.

"Over the (2014-15) season in 29 Euroleague games, Bogdanović averaged 10.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game." (from Wikipedia)

Really? That's one of the best players in Europe? It looks to me like he did well in the Serbian League and then couldn't handle the stiffer competition of EuroLeague.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So you think his stock has gone up since the Suns drafted him at the end of the first round two years ago?

Absolutely. The press from overseas has been very positive. I'm just guessing but I'd expect him to benefit from the international hype the same way the Euro kids do come draft time.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Markieff is a great midrange shooter. Favors has no range, his offensive game for a PF is extremely limited.

Not hardly. Looking at Vorped, Keef has a little more range but I wouldn't want either of them taking their game outside the key.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
"Over the (2014-15) season in 29 Euroleague games, Bogdanović averaged 10.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game." (from Wikipedia)

Really? That's one of the best players in Europe? It looks to me like he did well in the Serbian League and then couldn't handle the stiffer competition of EuroLeague.

He is playing in Turkey, not Serbia and European Basketball Stats are not comparable to NBA stats. The stats you are quoting are Euroleague stats, not national league stats. Euroleague is a tournament played with group stages among the European Top Teams.

Bogdanovic since being drafted was twice voted "Euroleague Rising Star". Which is essentially an award for the best young player in Europe. Nikola Mirotic (Bulls) is the only other player to have won that award twice.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sickening situation. I do not know what the Suns can do except ride out the storm. If they, as unlikely as it might seem, get a good offer, they can make a trade.

Otherwise, they can say something like, "We like Markieff. We understand his frustration and anger. But we have no intention of trading away one of our better players for nothing."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sickening situation. I do not know what the Suns can do except ride out the storm. If they, as unlikely as it might seem, get a good offer, they can make a trade.

Otherwise, they can say something like, "We like Markieff. We understand his frustration and anger. But we have no intention of trading away one of our better players for nothing."

It is a mess. I'm not sure where the agent is in this matter.

The Suns should not trade Markieff for filler unless absolutely necessary. The Suns need at least a couple of first round picks coming back plus a young prospect at any position.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I would say he has positive trade value being young and on a good contract. Just the one run-in with the law. The techs and the clown circus should go away with a fresh start. I hope we can package him off to get a starter. Bye bye dork!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Markieff was the Suns premiere player last year along with Bledsoe. He is right on that. That is the least problematic thing he said.

He was in the top 30 in real +/- in the entire NBA.

Markeiff #27 (6th among all PFs - ahead of Griffin, Love, Favors, Ibaka..)
Bledsoe #18 (6th among all PGs - ahead of Irving, Lowry, Ellis)

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kevin Pelton from ESPN suggests
"Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones and James Young — plus a potential draft pick to sweeten the deal"

best I have seen yet but I dont think it is a no-brainer. Sullingers health is a questionmark, the rest does not have much value I think.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'd rather ship out cruft to get a better and durable player back, than get another PJ and wing man + mid range draft pick number six.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard