FYI: Nobody was robbed (technically)

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Just think of all the suns draft picks we could have bought with that cash....

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lame as hell! I went from 2 billion to 2800 yeah real cool! Whatever it just makes people not even want to do it if it just gets taken back away! LAME!!!!!!!!!!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I kinda like the idea of tying it to post counts. Maybe start all over but give everybody $100 for every post that they have.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only willing to vote with you Shane if you pay me a kickback.

:D

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I kinda like the idea of tying it to post counts. Maybe start all over but give everybody $100 for every post that they have.

I would have to disagree with the post count thing. I have been a member for quite awhile and generally do not value my opinion enough to type a bunch of crap on the computer.
I don't think people should be punished for not posting, especially those who are contributors to the site.
Just my .02 and I've told you how much I value my own opinion. :D

cmtovar

Reaction score
There needs to be a limit in the future on the amount of money that one can recieve as a donation or give as a donation during any certain period of time. People were being given huge amounts and all of the sudden the were amongst the top 10 richest without doing anything to get there. I took a 23 mil donation and turned it into 9 trillion, now its 9 million. Also do away with the ability to bet both sides of a bet so as to always gaurantee you win something. Or just give us all our money back you commie bastards!

cmtovar

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with the Irresponsible Jerk in my disagreement with getting money for running your suck. Just because one doesn't post every 5 minutes doesn't mean they care any less about the bets or the site.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Not really that unfair because most of you that were in the billions/trillions were there because those of us that actually earned it was giving it away like candy on Holloween :)

How true and I knew being a trillionaire would not last.:(

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The problem is, people that placed bets on open events, before the "division" of the money didn't get their money reduced in the bets. Look at the open events like "Early Games".

I'm fine with your solution Shane but as it stands now it came out screwed up.

Reference this thread:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/nov-8-2009-nfl-early-games-142857.html

There's 5 trillion sitting in this bet. I have no desire to be Ben Bernanke, so I'm going to award it as normal.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
In my opinion there are two things that are wrong with the betting.

The first part is when you can make bets on both sides and come out ahead no matter what the outcome is. For 1.5 on the last game you just throw half and half and no matter what you come out ahead.

The next part is a endless supply of money. The person that lays down the original odds should be responsible for the payout from there A$FN money. It would take this game to a whole new level ! No more cheap odds and it would favor the house. If they do not have enough to cover then it could come out of the nowhere like before.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Also wanted to add one more thing. We could give out awards for the best month and year. I have so much Cardinals crap taking up in my closet that I might be able to supply this myself. Just off the top of my head

Aeneas Williams signed glove
1948 Eagles VS Cardinals Ticket stub championship game
1948 Program Cards Vs Eagles
2009 Super Bowl Program Steelers Vs Cards
100+ Programs from all sorts of Cards games
50+ towels from players in the late 80' and all of the 90's
Signed 8X10 Photos
Used wristbands, headbands and stuff from games
Old handout from games like Cards towels and other crap

My only issue is sometimes I get to busy with job and everything else so I get slow to send stuff out.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
In my opinion there are two things that are wrong with the betting.

The first part is when you can make bets on both sides and come out ahead no matter what the outcome is. For 1.5 on the last game you just throw half and half and no matter what you come out ahead.

The next part is a endless supply of money. The person that lays down the original odds should be responsible for the payout from there A$FN money. It would take this game to a whole new level ! No more cheap odds and it would favor the house. If they do not have enough to cover then it could come out of the nowhere like before.

Well, with vbookie, it's really an honor system. There's nothing that is stopping you from going out, creating a bet, and giving yourself a massive payoff. Likewise, with the money, it needs to be unlimited, unless you want to get into an even trade system, and then you'd have to go out and find someone who would want to bet with you, etc.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with shane.. lets just start over and give everyone the same amount..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Damn economy!! Now robbing me of my fake money

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy fix for those with the most money would have been to create a bet that wouldn't payoff for a long time at odds not paying much more than interest.

It would reduce your balance allowing you to make more bets, etc. Settle or even abandon the wagers at anytime to get your funds back.

:doi:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Easy fix for those with the most money would have been to create a bet that wouldn't payoff for a long time at odds not paying much more than interest.

It would reduce your balance allowing you to make more bets, etc. Settle or even abandon the wagers at anytime to get your funds back.

:doi:

That's a great idea, a little late but still a good idea.

:)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow from 14 million to 50 bucks!! Sweeet! I hope its going to Universal ASFN CARE :)

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
this sucks now I don't have hardly any money. I think it's stupid that we have to start over especially for those of us who aren't contributors. Also, I'm not too happy that we all have to suffer and get our money taken away from us just so that the two people who had to much money to bet are now able to bet. It doesn't seem fair that all of us have to suffer for the benefit of two or three people. Can't the super rich people just give away enough money to multiple people so they can get under the betting limit. That's JMHO though and probably doesn't mean anything to anyone else but I am just a little bugged to see all my money disappear especially for a reason like this.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Plus Brian you've been very generous to many,many people that never even asked for money where some who had the very most wanted people to jump through hoops to get a set amount.

Others with much like O and Mulli always were giving to everyone and anyone that got busted and needed help.

I've got a sure 5 trillion dollar bet I made earlier this week that is now suppose to be taken away because I followed the rules and I already lost 125 trillion.I gave away a million today to a guy who was complaining and he never even said a word about it.I gave 500 Billion away to a lady yesterday and I've always wanted to share what was shared with me.

I wish there was a more fair way to balance it out.I'm like Brian.I'm sure I'll be overuled being in the minority anyway.I enjoyed the oportunity to be a benefactor to good posters or newbies like myself who knew how and what to bet on.You just need to know your NFL.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
Meh..... Sorry for the rant I guess I just let my asfn money ego get the best of me. Truly my favorite part of it all was being able to give away large amounts to people. It was amazing how grateful people were for something that when I step back and look at it really is meaningless but it still felt good to help others even if it was just fake money. I will add to that my desire to frequent the board more often increased with me checking the vbookie bets and the game threads to see what was going on in the particular game. Sorry to all the people I gave large amounts of money to over the last several days.....I guess I atleast helped you be asfn money rich for a day or two. I'm sure I will still place bets with the money that I have left but this whole situation has left a sour taste in my mouth for sure. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise because I won't waste my tim on something that is so unimportant.

I am still confused why we couldn't find another resolution to solve this problem that affected 2 out of howeer many posters there are on here but once again I am a single voice and my opinion does not matter. I just wish it could have been resolved without having to negatively affect the hundreds of other posters but that's JMHO so take it for what it's worth

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, this is just an internet message board and A$FN is FAKE money. We're all just playing a fun little game as a compliment to intelligent and non-intelligent discussion about sports (and other topics).

Let's not take things too seriously here. I like to use this place as a fun diversion from the stresses that my real life can bring. If I have to surrender my fake fortune and start over, then I can make that fun as well.

Likewise, I don't think we need to have a whole bunch of rules regarding how we use and bet our fake money. If your fantasy world mirrors the real world, then somebody is missing the point. I'll never in my life be able to make a million or billion dollar wager on anything, so let me at least pretend to here. If we have to reset the board once a year or so and start over, then so be it. I'll enjoy that challenge too!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm down with that! :p j/k

There needs to be a limit in the future on the amount of money that one can recieve as a donation or give as a donation during any certain period of time. People were being given huge amounts and all of the sudden the were amongst the top 10 richest without doing anything to get there. I took a 23 mil donation and turned it into 9 trillion, now its 9 million. Also do away with the ability to bet both sides of a bet so as to always gaurantee you win something. Or just give us all our money back you commie bastards!

I'm going to have to agree with the Irresponsible Jerk in my disagreement with getting money for running your suck. Just because one doesn't post every 5 minutes doesn't mean they care any less about the bets or the site.
so...what banned-poster-posting-under-another-name are you?