FWIW - Rosen will have a better career than Goff

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just putting it out there. Means squat at present... IMHO, Rosen is significantly more talented than Goff. If the Cards can get all of the rest of the ingredients right, and if Josh can remain reasonably healthy and avoid any major injury, I am convinced he will put up a very good, perhaps great, career. [emoji106]

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Goff is good. yes, he benefits from a coach that tailors a creative offense to his strengths, and, a good offensive line, and, really good skill people around him

But he is still very talented.

I'd be thrilled if Rosen played at Goffs level next year

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Until we get that system in place Rosen is exactly what he is.... A promising rookie.
I like that he can turn it up a notch when the chips are down...

But he aint better than anybody but Scud Anderson right now.

Next year remains unwritten

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
In a bad game he threw for 390yards and 3td pass/ 1int
Having the greatness doesnt mean u cant lose,a game
Well, I didn't say that. But disappearing in crunch time isn't what the great one's do either. Goff made some really nice throws today but was inconsistent and ultimately didn't make throws he's capable of making when the heat was on. No gold star for that.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
simmer down

Fitz should have had 10X's the numbers he has, but coaching and QB's set him where he is.

Expecting Rosen to be better than anyone right now is dumb. He has all of 1 win vs. a 1 win team...in week 8.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Does he throw for him
He had his learning curve and now is one of the best qb in the nfl
Great qb makes coach looks genius
Yeah...I'm not disparaging Rosen whatsoever, because I think he can be really good. But did you guys see the tight windows Goff was throwing the ball into, 20+ yards down the field? Did you see how he led the team from being down 21 points (briefly), to tying the game 35-35 with 6 minutes left in the game? Goff played a helluva game tonight, and is 2-1 against future HOF QB's this year.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well...... Goff threw some sick passes today (like laser pinpoint accuracy sh*&) and was part of the reason they got back in the game. I will reserve my judgement until we can actually beat a real NFL team and not just the woefully injured Niners.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Josh needs time to mature. Keim and Micheal Bidwill need to put the pieces around him to be successful. With every game he gains more experience that will help him in the future to become the Quarterback we all hope he can be. If we spend the money next off season to help him there is no reason he can’t be successful like Goff and Pat Mahomes.

Watching him mature with every game this season is what I’m most looking forward to every week.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can get an oline like Goff has then Rosen will be equally as good if not better. Until that is a reality Josh is just potential.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm not disparaging Rosen whatsoever, because I think he can be really good. But did you guys see the tight windows Goff was throwing the ball into, 20+ yards down the field? Did you see how he led the team from being down 21 points (briefly), to tying the game 35-35 with 6 minutes left in the game? Goff played a helluva game tonight, and is 2-1 against future HOF QB's this year.

Goff was a gargantuan mess his first season. Rosen at this point is much further ahead than Goff was as a rookie. Those windows you’re talking about, Rosen is already hitting those while Goff was throwing it to Row 22

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Goff was a gargantuan mess his first season. Rosen at this point is much further ahead than Goff was as a rookie. Those windows you’re talking about, Rosen is already hitting those while Goff was throwing it to Row 22
Actually, Rosen is not hitting any windows like Goff is. You want to hate Goff, go ahead with that. Goff is one of the top QB's in this league.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, Rosen is not hitting any windows like Goff is. You want to hate Goff, go ahead with that. Goff is one of the top QB's in this league.
He meant just comparing their rookie seasons.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
He meant just comparing their rookie seasons.
Maybe it's my bias, but Jeff Fisher and his inadequate staff after 4 + years, the best he could do in 2016 was 4-12. They drafted Goff and had an Oline that made the Cards Oline look like a bunch of pro bowlers in 2018. Also, Goff was only like 22-23 years old when he became a Ram. His transformation was remarkable in 2017. But he is better this year, and is throwing the ball with so much more accuracy than last year. He will only get better, imo.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like the Rams or the FB Cardinals, so I have no horse in this race, but...

Every Cards fanboi keeps saying:

If...
If...
If...
If...

Hey, if the moon was made of green cheese, we'd all be happy, eh? :D

How many offensive-minded coaches has this team hired over the years? Plenty. How many have flourished here? Not many. Wizz, Bruce, that's pretty much about it. Now you have a defensive coach in the top job, a train wreck of an offense, and you're stil mincing words about Rosen vs. Goff? Must be one heck of a dead week 'round here.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One helluva prediction based on hope and dreams. I will do a wait and see on Rosen.

I keep in mind Steve Wilkes and his staff isn't close to Jeff Fisher status and Rosen is stuck with this model.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson