Futures: Isaiah Simmons (LB, Clemson) – Football Outsiders

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's got to be a specimen. He's got to have a Kobe level killer instinct. He's got to commit to being in shape at all times. And he's got to be a solid pass rusher with good passes defended numbers.

I'm just not sold that he can destroy the pocket like Suh, McCoy, or Donald can/could. And if you are in the top 10....... You need more than a super good run-stuffer (which he is).

Quinnen had 19.5 TFL and 8 sacks in 2018.
Brown has 22.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks in his last two years combined.

His floor is not high enough IMO to consider him in the top 10. He's just the only viable option up in this area so he's getting the "positional scarcity bump" IMO.
Anyone who thinks Derrick Brown is not worth a top 10 pick and is overrated needs to watch more film. He wrecked a very good Alabama offensive line and this is a dude they specifically scheme for.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Derrick Brown is not worth a top 10 pick and is overrated needs to watch more film. He wrecked a very good Alabama offensive line and this is a dude they specifically scheme for.
Overrated? No. 1st round picks are not overrated.

Worth a top 10 pick? Nope. Not in my opinion. If someone does.... it just means a better player at a more important position to us will fall.

The three QB's and Brown. If they all go before 8 then we get either Young, Okudah, Simmons, Kinlaw or an OT of our choosing.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We do not have a solid rotation of core players up front to entertain the notion of a dynamic swing player for what at the moment is a defensive front seven which looks like a rotating pendulum

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Overrated? No. 1st round picks are not overrated.

Worth a top 10 pick? Nope. Not in my opinion. If someone does.... it just means a better player at a more important position to us will fall.

The three QB's and Brown. If they all go before 8 then we get either Young, Okudah, Simmons, Kinlaw or an OT of our choosing.

Sorry Dr. Jones... or one of those two WRs, whether you or I like it or not lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson