Future Phoenix Mercury Brittney Griner scores 50

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think Elena Delle Donne will end up with the better career and could carry the league. Griner will hold her own, but after seeing Delle Donne last night, she is a much better all around player. At 6'5", she can really play at five spots in the WNBA. By the way, Skylar Diggens looked lost last night. Lets just hope that Giner is Hakeem Olajuwon and not Sam Bowie because I think Delle Donne landing in Chicago is perfect for her is you know what I mean.
There is room for both of them, just as there was room for Lisa Leslie and various smaller players in carrying the league (rather than just carrying a team).

Especially if you look at how Brittney's WNBA learning curve improved by the 2nd half of her first game of professional basketball.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griner is a beast - she's going to be fun to watch. I usually catch a couple of Merc games with my kids each season - I think we'll be at a bunch this year. I also love me some Diana Taurasi.

My oldest got to play at halftime of the exhibition game vs. Japan last weekend - Griner up close was crazy for a woman player. I wish Pau Gasol had her post moves. :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Griner up close was crazy for a woman player. I wish Pau Gasol had her post moves. :)
Maybe Ann Meyers Drysdale could make a trade between both sides of her VP hat. Griner to the Suns for Gortat. :)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just had a whole segment on Outside The Lines on how Griner is gay and how she is going to break molds.. How no one knew she was gay.. I'm confused.. Who couldn't tell she was gay? Plus, I always assumed every WBNA player is gay.. That was a waste of air time.. Next ESPN is gonna do an in depth exposé on how grass is green..

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'll be at the Mercury game Saturday vs. the L.A. Sparks. It would be great to see Griner back in the lineup and experience her first victory with Phoenix.

And Gee!, as a heterosexual male, her (and many Mercury fans in attendance) being gay has no bearing on my enjoying her performance and the game.

It is about basketball! And Phoenix's 2-time league champion (one more than the D'backs and two more than the Suns), who I hope will turn things around this Saturday in pursuit of their 3rd.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the Mercury game Saturday vs. the L.A. Sparks. It would be great to see Griner back in the lineup and experience her first victory with Phoenix.

And Gee!, as a heterosexual male, her (and many Mercury fans in attendance) being gay has no bearing on my enjoying her performance and the game.

It is about basketball! And Phoenix's 2-time league champion (one more than the D'backs and two more than the Suns), who I hope will turn things around this Saturday in pursuit of their 3rd.

Um ya.. I never said anything about enjoying the game or performance.. Little overly defensive there..

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Um ya.. I never said anything about enjoying the game or performance.. Little overly defensive there..
Gee!, in writing about Griner, you used the word "gay" four times in your five sentences. And I posted, "It's about basketball." I even used the word "gay" once to accommodate you.

Once again, it's not about what you "never said". I don't think I was being defensive. But, hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. Hopefully, without namecalling.

Go Mercury. Go Brittney. I want to see a win on Saturday, with her being part of it. And me, too, in the stands. Peace! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard