Future of Hollywood Brown as a Cardinal

What will happen with Hollywood Brown in free agency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Would be thrilled to have him gone - the production won't match what he'll be paid. Not a leader, hasn't made any impact here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe, but why would he do that with us instead of someone else?
I also think he will sign a one year deal with AZ vs a one year deal somewhere else because it is his best opportunity to maximize his value. He knows his QB. He knows his system. Even if the Cardinals draft a WR high, Brown will have a role. The Cardinals will likely trail in games which should max his target volume. I think the other teams with cap space and potentially in the market have more questions at QB than AZ or will have a rookie.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dunno... Lots of talk about him wanting to be here.
I think it's possible we offer him a moderate three year deal. Incentive laden
He’s saying that because he’s here now and it’s savvy negotiation tactic to say he’d rather stay.
His best friend is his QB and he is overall familiar with the team.
Lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd argue that it's less likely that the Cards sign Hollywood to a one-year deal than he signs with another team.

He's been in the building for two years; what are the Cards going to learn about him in another year that he couldn't prove somewhere else?
I don't think it is about learning. It is about knowing what they already have, and are okay with a stop gap measure.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think it is about learning. It is about knowing what they already have, and are okay with a stop gap measure.
Yes. So why would that be anything but a last resort for Hollywood?

There are lots of places where he can sign a prove it deal with a cleaner slate.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I voted 1 year deal elsewhere. He needs to reset his value after the last couple years. He's not going to get a multiyear as high as he'd like. He's been here a few years, the Cards know he's a stiff from that time. They don't need another year to figure out who he is.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted 1 year deal elsewhere. He needs to reset his value after the last couple years. He's not going to get a multiyear as high as he'd like. He's been here a few years, the Cards know he's a stiff from that time. They don't need another year to figure out who he is.
This

I voted he gets a 1 year deal from another team

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel it'll be a one-year deal with another team. It *could* be here, but it would have to be a pretty nice 1-year deal for that to happen imo like 1/10.

I haven't seen much indication from Monti that he's big into re-signing free agents. We all talked a bunch about who he let go last year. They were had for what early indications were below-market deals.

Murphy had some injuries he was dealing and Hollywood I believe is in the same boat. So we have a case in history to judge against re-signing him. It wasn't a high-dollar deal either.

I remember reading somewhere that Murphy was willing to come back for less and we didn't do it. No clue on the source.

Monti wants guys who want to be here, that's the bare minimum. A guy wanting to play here does not seem to be heavily weighted in his decision-making process.

It seems the media outside of Arizona have Hollywood rated higher than most of us here inside Arizona. I think others beat our offer if we even make a tangible one to him. Whatever he gets elsewhere, we won't match.

Now if he's willing to stay for an ultra-cheap multi-year deal here, like 3 years 15-20 mill total, I'm ok with rolling those dice. I don't think most free agents on the downswing want to lock in a long-term deal at such a moment. It would be imo crazy if any team offered him a 3 or more year 12-15+ million per year deal.

So I feel it's a 1-year deal somewhere to reestablish his market value, and it's elsewhere.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I haven't seen much indication from Monti that he's big into re-signing free agents. We all talked a bunch about who he let go last year. They were had for what early indications were below-market deals.

I mean, if that were the case, it's going to be real hard for him to build a team. We don't have many free agents over the next couple of years because Keim -- and the next priority free agent will have under 28 is probably Trey McBride in 2026(!!!!). But you can't build a roster drafting players and watching them leave four years later.

I remember reading somewhere that Murphy was willing to come back for less and we didn't do it. No clue on the source.

I believe Murphy said he took less to go to the Vikes than the Cards had on the table.

Reaction score
Monti wants guys who want to be here, that's the bare minimum. A guy wanting to play here does not seem to be heavily weighted in his decision-making process.
These two sentences seem to be opposites. Does Monti want guys that want to be here or does that not seem to be heavily weighted in his decision making?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, if that were the case, it's going to be real hard for him to build a team. We don't have many free agents over the next couple of years because Keim -- and the next priority free agent will have under 28 is probably Trey McBride in 2026(!!!!). But you can't build a roster drafting players and watching them leave four years later.

I believe Murphy said he took less to go to the Vikes than the Cards had on the table.
It's an intriguing, we'll see situation. Past is not prologue but might inform us of a trend.

We needed CB's really bad too, similar to WR position, but we still let Murphy go for whatever reason.

Pretty sad we might only have to think about re-signing McBride two years from now! Thanks Keim!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see him testing the market.

I think the Cards would want to pay him 1 year $14m max.

I can see there being a team out there that would give him 2/3 years $18m.

Flipping it around, I don't see why Brown would want to stay here outside being Kylers buddy.

He's not a great scheme fit. He's small and not a good blocker. We run at a top 10 rate in the league. He averaged less than 8 targets a game last year. Kyler can't throw it downfield for poo recently. And he has the threat of a WR1 in the draft hanging over him if he signs a short term deal here.

If he stays he's going to be a perennial 800-900 yard receiver here tops. If he wants to be a 1000-1200 yard guy he needs to go elsewhere.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If KC has any interest in him I think he signs there. 2-3 year deal. I think the idea of getting to a SB will be very enticing for Brown if given this chance and an opportunity to play with Mahomes. Murray may be his buddy but a potential SB far outweighs continuing to play with Murray.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If KC has any interest in him I think he signs there. 2-3 year deal. I think the idea of getting to a SB will be very enticing for Brown if given this chance and an opportunity to play with Mahomes. Murray may be his buddy but a potential SB far outweighs continuing to play with Murray.

That's a good shout. I think he'd be great in KC.

They really don't have much money though and still have to sign Chris Jones. But if they can squeeze some space that would be a good fit for him. He can do what MVS did, plus what they had in mind for Toney, and they have a bunch of sweeps and running plays for WR that would suit him.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
KC, Tampa, Indy, maybe Chicago all seem like better options for Hollywood on a short-term deal.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. So why would that be anything but a last resort for Hollywood?
Some people don't like change for change's sake. The grass isn't always greener elsewhere.

Besides, you didn't say anything about it being a last resort when you posted the question. You just asked what would happen and I gave my opinion.
There are lots of places where he can sign a prove it deal with a cleaner slate.
Possibly. It is why the question is fascinating.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wont lose any sleep if he goes. But he stays the Cards better keep it real and not overpay. One year deal at team friendly price would be fine.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
KC, Tampa, Indy, maybe Chicago all seem like better options for Hollywood on a short-term deal.
KC doesn't have the cap space for a big time free agent contract. Chicago would definitely is in position to draft one of the top 3 receivers so doubt they bring him.

Tampa is interesting, maybe. I just can't see any team being particularly stoked/excited about bringing Hollywood brown on a big contract with his performance/injuries over the last 2 years. I'm excited about him staying on a mediocre #2 contract- definitely not going to lose any sleep if he walks though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard