Frye signs with the Magic (?)

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Woj has usually been solid with his reports:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Channing Frye has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with the Magic, source tells Yahoo Sports.

That is a lot of dough for Channing.

OP
OP
S

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I supported Frye throughout the season, 8+M per year is a LOT to pay for his services.

So, as it stands, I guess Markieff gets the start at 4?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I know a lot of people didn't want to resign Channing but we just got a lot weaker at PF. We're going to need a decent backup for Kieff.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm guessing/hoping the Suns don't match. I'll bet they could pick up Ed Davis for about 6-7 million/year... probably a quick offer for anything over the amount he'd have gotten from Memphis' QO would do the trick. (Current salary is 3.2 mil.) Jordan Hill is getting 3.5 mil from Lakers, so he would probable be available at about the same level as Davis.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I think nothing can be signed until July 10th. These "agreements" are in principal onlty at this point. Is that not correct?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing/hoping the Suns don't match. I'll bet they could pick up Ed Davis for about 6-7 million/year... probably a quick offer for anything over the amount he'd have gotten from Memphis' QO would do the trick. (Current salary is 3.2 mil.) Jordan Hill is getting 3.5 mil from Lakers, so he would probable be available at about the same level as Davis.

He's not restricted. There will be no match.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's an UFA so matching is not in the equation anyway.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
He's an UFA so matching is not in the equation anyway.

Yes and no. He hasn't officially signed anything yet so the Suns could offer him the same if they wanted to (which I doubt they will)

In all honesty I hope this moratorium disappears in future years as it serves absolutely no purpose

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yes and no. He hasn't officially signed anything yet so the Suns could offer him the same if they wanted to (which I doubt they will)

In all honesty I hope this moratorium disappears in future years as it serves absolutely no purpose

how many times has this happened in the past?

Agents credibility on the line

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure Frye's agent let the Suns know the offer and gave them the option to match. There will be no going back now, good. Liek the guy, but at nowhere near that price or years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually it does. It was a reaction to the way Jerry Colangelo signed Tom Chambers. He put a big offer on the table but then said it would be off he table when he left the room. It give players a little time to consider multiple offers and keeps teams from banging down doors at midnight.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and/or they feel paying $8 million a year for a 31 year old with a heart condition isn't worth the risk. I like Frye but not at that price

Yep, good for him, don't want Channing at 8 per.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison