Free Agency 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aren't you the same guy that keeps saying Booker is going to force his way out.

If you really believe that don't you think trying to make him happy is more important than optimum roster construction, or do you not really believe it and just like to troll?

Trading for Chris Paul only to skimp on the rest of the roster to the point of having no starting 4 or back-up 2 or 3 will serve only to piss off both Booker AND Paul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be satisfied with someone like Bobby Portis not that I don't want more.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'd be satisfied with someone like Bobby Portis not that I don't want more.
I would be fine with him as well. My dream is Ibaka, but I think he’ll end up signing for more than the MLE, or if he does sign for the MLE it will be with a top contender.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Been there, basically said that. But just marginally. I think, barring health issues, we will be slightly better with the swap of Paul with Oubre and Rubio. We aren't going to win it all, there was no power forward available that would have vaulted us into that conversation IMO. What we currently have, with Cam and Dario and Smith, may well be our weak link but it isn't horrible.

Unless Smith unexpectedly comes out of the gate far more developed than he is, yes it's horrible. The Cam/Dario rotation last year was horrible, and we have only added a project rookie.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading for Chris Paul onky to skimp on the rest of the roster to the point of having no starting 4 or back-up 2 or 3 will serve only to piss off both Booker AND Paul.

I think they are doing the best that they can at trying to fill those positions.

Something has changed - just today we found out both Hayward and Fournier would be interested in playing for the Suns. When was the last time we heard something like that?

Let's at least wait till we see what they end up doing. Whatever it is it probably won't be ideal, but the fact Sarver is even willing to go over the cap is a minor miracle.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MLE probably going unused isn’t it?

Why are you assuming that?

You realize there are still about 15 teams that have their MLE available right now.

Not everything happens immediately.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only way that would be acceptable would be if they did a sign and trade with Baynes where they took on more salary than the MLE.

Even then it wouldn't be acceptable. Sarver now has a two year window to be a successful playoff team, or else we lose Booker along with Paul and are back to another 10 year rebuild. He has to use every resource available to make the team as competitive as possible.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even then it wouldn't be acceptable. Sarver now has a two year window to be a successful playoff team, or else we lose Booker along with Paul and are back to another 10 year rebuild. He has to use every resource available to make the team as competitive as possible.

I don't expect him to pay the luxury tax until he sees at least a playoff team on the court, especially considering the financial realities of the league right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Marquese Chriss is a free agent. He didn't play bad for the Warriors.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McDonough reveals his vaunted free agent pitch while suns GM.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Danilo Gallinari.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't expect him to pay the luxury tax until he sees at least a playoff team on the court, especially considering the financial realities of the league right now.

Using the MLE and BAE still has us nowhere near luxury tax territory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98