Free Agency 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross tends to be a “throw a bunch of stuff against that wall and then brag for the next year if something hits” type of guy, but this is mildly interesting none the less:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've heard this rumor before as well. It doesn't look like the Nets will be able to keep him because of salary issues. A big question is how much will he cost. I'm sure other teams will also have interest.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As a scorer off the bench to back up Booker, I don't mind Harris, but he makes our team even less athletic, and we better draft a power forward at 10 or trade for one.

I am getting more and more concerned that while McD clearly overvalued athleticism, Jones is overcompensating by avoiding athleticism at all costs (see Saric, Cam, Jerome, Baynes, Kaminsky, Rubio)...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a scorer off the bench to back up Booker, I don't mind Harris, but he makes our team even less athletic, and we better draft a power forward at 10 or trade for one.

I am getting more and more concerned that while McD clearly overvalued athleticism, Jones is overcompensating by avoiding athleticism at all costs (see Saric, Cam, Jerome, Baynes, Kaminsky, Rubio)...

you scared bruh

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of contract Millsap will look for this offseason... He is definitely not the player he once was, but if we draft a PF he may be a nice 15-20 minute option to team with the rook.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of contract Millsap will look for this offseason... He is definitely not the player he once was, but if we draft a PF he may be a nice 15-20 minute option to team with the rook.

The veteran minimum would be around $3.5 million for Millsap. I'm thinking he will get around $5 million. If the Suns weren't pinching pennies for Saric and other players it might make sense. I'd rather have Millsap than Kaminsky.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Millsap was a huge disapointment in these playoffs. With all the length teams have these days, players like Milsap are pretty much neutralized, he has no lift and length. And his shooting, or lack of making shots really doesn't do anyone well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Millsap was a huge disapointment in these playoffs. With all the length teams have these days, players like Milsap are pretty much neutralized, he has no lift and length. And his shooting, or lack of making shots really doesn't do anyone well.

he’s been in the league 15 years what were you expecting

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’s been in the league 15 years what were you expecting

I didn't expect anything from him. Like i said in the other thread, we know what he is and the nuggets should have given time to MPJ to gain experience.

I also posted the Milsap comments here because some posters were interested in him as a target for the suns, which i have no interest in.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I didn't expect anything from him. Like i said in the other thread, we know what he is and the nuggets should have given time to MPJ to gain experience.

I also posted the Milsap comments here because some posters were interested in him as a target for the suns, which i have no interest in.
Only interested if we draft one of the top 2 PFs in this draft and we need a veteran to help mentor and give 15ish minutes a game (which I think Millsap can do).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is going to be that much money this off season? You would think this would be the year to stay put?

I think Jerami Grant is worth more than $9.3 million next season so this puts Kelly Oubre making $14,375,000 million next season in perspective.

IMO, this is the low end of the salary range for Grant. He is worth more even in a tight market.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With Milsap and Plumlee gone, i could see the nuggets going for Miles Turner. Grant is my guy, wish we could make a run for him.

Grant is really too small to man the power forward position. That much became quite clear in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA may keep the salary cap artificially higher.

From RealGM:

"So I think while no doubt there will be issues and there will be some difficult negotiations ahead, I fully expect we’ll work them out, as we always have."

The NBA will almost certainly have a reduced BRI for the 20-21 season, but they're widely expected to keep the cap artificially higher to not put a shock to the system.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...ome-Difficult-Negotiations-Ahead-With-Players

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NBA may keep the salary cap artificially higher.

From RealGM:

"So I think while no doubt there will be issues and there will be some difficult negotiations ahead, I fully expect we’ll work them out, as we always have."

The NBA will almost certainly have a reduced BRI for the 20-21 season, but they're widely expected to keep the cap artificially higher to not put a shock to the system.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...ome-Difficult-Negotiations-Ahead-With-Players

Good news for big market teams and owners with deep pockets... have a feeling it won't work out so well for ourselves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news for big market teams and owners with deep pockets... have a feeling it won't work out so well for ourselves.

It's tough being a Suns fan with a team always looking for the daily special on the menu.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have been reading some of our posts are they are expected to show interest in Jerami Grant.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about Jerami Grant from Duane Rankin of the Arizona Republic:

The Phoenix Suns are looking beyond the draft to find that more athletic four.

The Denver Post reported the Suns as one of three teams who are expected to have interest in Denver Nuggets forward Jerami Grant, two sources informed the newspaper.

Atlanta and Detroit are the other two teams, according to two sources The Post contacted, but Grant is part of a team that currently has true NBA championship aspirations after an amazing playoff run in the Orlando Bubble.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...potential-free-agent-jerami-grant/3593316001/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Jerami Grant but there will be a lot of duplication with Bridges, Oubre and Cam Johnson.

Grant plays a lot like a small forward although he is listed as a power forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess there are worse options out there than Grant, but I still think he is too light/weak to play power forward in the NBA on a regular basis, and he is not a supreme athlete. We need more strength and/or athleticism. I don't really see Grant giving us what we don't already have in Bridges.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I liked Grant at 8-9 million per year, but now I’m seeing he is projected to get 15+ million a year. I don’t really like him at that number at all.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So the whole thing about the Suns is that With Ayton suspended, then out with injury, as well as other players out with injuries, the Suns never really got a look with everyone playing together a whole lot. Oubre out with during the bubble did not help either. Grant would be an upgrade at PF. However, looking at the lakers, ypu do need some size and athleticism. We really need some other back up bigs. That move is kind of putting all our free agent eggs all in one basket at the price range. We would need trade(s) to go along with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard