Foul language warning

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have never used filters on this board but some users are abusing the freedoms of expression allowed. I instituted filters this morning and will add to them as needed.

I run a PG board. Get used to it.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My apologies.

Temper, temper. It's gonna kill me.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Skkorp!!!!

I was ready to abandon reading the posts here because of the recent language.

If no one else appreciates it I do!!!!

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you Skkorp things are out of control here, (funny I don't remember laughing so hard) but adults should be able to handle a disagreement without turning to name calling and cussing.:thumbup:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinetopred
Good for you Skkorp things are out of control here, (funny I don't remember laughing so hard) but adults should be able to handle a disagreement without turning to name calling and cussing.:thumbup:

Oh, man........that's gonna be hard for some of us when we eventually become adults :(

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Were all adults, you should have an 18 and over forum were you can feel free to express yourself however you want too.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
Were all adults, you should have an 18 and over forum were you can feel free to express yourself however you want too.

Yeah, good idea, do you want to be our virtual bouncer and ID posters who want to enter the over 18 room?

lol

We're not all adults here, which is probably the reason Jim had to add filters.

Mike

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan

The internet has many places you can go if swearing is your thing.

Until you pay the bills for this site, it's not too much to ask to keep the posts clean.

Thanks skkorp!

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Thanks, Skorpp. Should be able to express yourself without all the foul language. And, just because you're an adult doesn't mean you like the explicative. :thumbup:

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
Question: What words ARE allowed? Damn? Hell? I don't use a lot of Anglo-Saxon 4-letter words, but I tend to say a few, mild ones. and I DON'T talk trash about other people.

Pete

artp

Registered
Reaction score
The language and venom ruined a perfecetly good topic Gullible" today. I had intended to reply to the initial post, but when I saw 3 pages of a catfight, I decided against it. It does seem like this board is leaning toward personal name calling, rather than opinions about the team. Thats too bad.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Skkorp. I'm sorry you had to put in edit masks, but yeah, there is no reason to use profanity to express opinions.

Oh, and can you add "rubarb" to your "censor" list...
:D

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
My goodness...I've never seen such foul words coming out of these mouths. Especially EdB!

ChiCard, does he get that from your side of the family?? You seem so mellow.

:D

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I once read on another message board that posting messages is merely mental masturbation. So you can get your kicks behind the privacy of your keyboard, but you don't have to take it out on others if you can't climax while others are getting their jollies :D

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Apology

My apologies as well.

The last thing I want is someone not coming to the forum because of my profanity.

I'll also impose a moratorium on that black liquid to my left. It did much of my talking for me yesterday.

Most have stayed on as Card fans even through these dark times which means those of us reading this are supposed to be on the same team.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most have stayed on as Card fans even through these dark times which means those of us reading this are supposed to be on the same team.

We are totally hopeless...LOL :D

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
THANK YOU.

While the Cards tend to drive all of us a little nutty at times, there is no reason to get down in the gutter with our postings.

Cardinal Football is a passion for many of us and the Cards seem to drive us all over the edge occasionally.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose