For those who doubt how much coaching matters

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Kliff 7-12-1
Adam Gase 7-13

Let that sink in! Ugh :bang:

This week could be Fired Bowl I
Coaching & scheme matters! It’s the difference between short term success & long term success at the pro level

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff 7-12-1
Adam Gase 7-13

Let that sink in! Ugh :bang:

This week could be Fired Bowl I
Coaching & scheme matters! It’s the difference between short term success & long term success at the pro level

only evidence you need is the niners team.... worst decimated team with injuries I’ve ever seen and still went out and won 2 games with stars missing everywhere....

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
only evidence you need is the niners team.... worst decimated team with injuries I’ve ever seen and still went out and won 2 games with stars missing everywhere....
Yessir without a doubt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coaching is 100% the issue. Kyler's issues are coaching issues.

Coaching makes players better. It gives them confidence and makes them perform on the field.

We don't have good coaches across the board. We haven't since BA/Bowles and the position coaches they had.

I still think Kliff could be good in the future but he's a way away. But he can't attract good coaches to a poor franchise.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised KK isn’t winning?
If they lose to the Jets, that should be enough to get him canned but won’t.
They’ll fire Joseph first. KK is tied to Murray, that’s his only saving grace because they desperately want Murray to succeed.

Lost to the lions who had been winless in their last 11. Lost to a bad Carolina team missing their best player. A loss to a horrendous, winless Jets team should be the last we see of him. But, it won’t be.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Blew the Giants out.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We haven't looked nearly as pathetic as the Jets at any point this season. The Jets only played a half vs. the 49ers before all their knees exploded and the 49ers still got blew em out. Jimmy G actually got injured on a very late hit that looked intentional. Hopefully Kyler doesnt think sliding will save him.

Last edited:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score

And yet we beat the 49ers when they had Bosa, Garappolo, and Sherman playing. Go figure. I'm as frustrated as anyone with K1 and K2, but I think we need to give both some more time in the NFL. Hopefully, both will continue to grow. What's another year or two in the life of a Cardinal fan.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, if we want them to improve and get better, reading and following all the suggestions in this forum should be mandatory.
Them doing so, will guarantee a playoff spot, and, a likely Superbowl win.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised KK isn’t winning?
If they lose to the Jets, that should be enough to get him canned but won’t.
They’ll fire Joseph first. KK is tied to Murray, that’s his only saving grace because they desperately want Murray to succeed.

Lost to the lions who had been winless in their last 11. Lost to a bad Carolina team missing their best player. A loss to a horrendous, winless Jets team should be the last we see of him. But, it won’t be.

If the Cardinals decide to clean house the GM can't be left out of the equation. As much as I like some of Keim's signing there are a lot of bad ones as well not to mention the draft. Cardinals have to do better in the draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So part of the question is how much of it is coaching and how much of it is scouting. Are we missing on players because we scout poorly, or because we develop? Part of that is I think obvious, we're not cutting players we drafted and then watching them become stars somewhere else. Josh Rosen is not even on an active roster, Hakeem Butler is not to my knowledge on an active roster. So it appears to me that scouting is a huge problem too. That's on Keim as GM to hire better scouts.

I think getting Hopkins was great but look at the rookie WR class this year. Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Shenault,Reagor(now injured) etc. Why did we spend three picks on Wr's the year before the great WR draft? And allegedly next years draft is rated as high or higher for WR's. None of the 3 contributed last year.

We could have got AJ Brown or Samuel in round 2 with the first pick, or gone OL(Little) CB etc and taken DK Metcalf with the 2nd pick instead of Isabella. Or we could have gotten McLaurin who lasted until the 3rd round. I think Andy is starting to show he can play but I don't think he's ever going to be as good as any of Brown, Metcalf, Samuel or McLaurin, Samuel seems to be hurt often so far but the other 3 are already far better than Andy and all 3 can play the outside. If we took any of those 3 last year instead of Andy, you still take the Hopkins deal of course but we're looking SO much better with Hopkins on one side and one of those 3 on the other with Fitz in the slot.

I still think Simmons CAN be a good player but we're not seeing much yet and there's a ton of productive rookies we passed on to take him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cardinals decide to clean house the GM can't be left out of the equation. As much as I like some of Keim's signing there are a lot of bad ones as well not to mention the draft. Cardinals have to do better in the draft.

Keim is on his 3rd HC. Has any GM ever been given a 4th crack at it?

I can't see Keim getting a 4th.

Sadly, I only see one future GM and that A-Dub, the same FO staff and more of the same I imagine. I'd much rather have an outsider who brings a change of culture, a new team and who doesn't take crap from Mike.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are a super attractive team for new head coaches with the talent we have. I'm not sure if we should go that route or just bring in wade phillips. It depends.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is on his 3rd HC. Has any GM ever been given a 4th crack at it?

I can't see Keim getting a 4th.

Sadly, I only see one future GM and that A-Dub, the same FO staff and more of the same I imagine. I'd much rather have an outsider who brings a change of culture, a new team and who doesn't take crap from Mike.

It's too bad the Cardinals didn't start over years ago when they had a golden opportunity to do so. I'm not going to go there though.

Yes, I think the Cardinals need a new GM with a new culture.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson