For some reason I'm a lot more excited about this season compared to last.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know why. I don't know if it is because I just felt Palmer was getting old or what. I just didn't feel like the team had it in them to go deep into the playoffs.= last year and I felt it would just get worse from there if had all of our old players..

This year maybe they have less odds of winning than last year, but the future just feels brighter to me. I actually believe in Bradford's ability. I also feel like we got our first legitimate Franchise QB since I've been watching the team which started with the Plummer days for the most part.

I don't know why we don't have just as good of a shot this year to do well compared to last year. Yes, we had Palmer, Campbell & the Badger..but now we have David Johnson back, and if he stays healthy, I think most of the team is improved... I think my biggest worries is the Receivers.. I'm afraid we are going to have QB's throwing on the money just to have the receiver drop the ball. I hope I'm wrong on that one.. I hope they cut Nelson to try to get the dropsie karma out of our team. If that works out I think we could really surprise some teams.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
new coaches. new systems. new players. Tons of unknowns lends itself to possibilities.

anything is possible right now...so it can be exciting.

we watched BA shill for his buddies and just knew nothing was going to get better.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Agreed.

I think the writing was on the wall before last season that the window had closed and that the team had its shot, and the last gasp effort to get Palmer and Arians to a Super Bowl was somewhat folly and arrogance.

This year, it is the first steps to a new team, philosophy, etc., etc. Win or lose, (preferably win) it will be interesting to see what this team can do, who they do it, and if the plan will be effective.

"We will see" <-- is a good thing to say right now because in reality we do not know how this will all turn out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m excited because we finally got a QBotF with hopefully a franchise-changing draft.

Most of that excitement is brushed off due to McCoy being the OC, though.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Huge roster make over, but I think we’ve got a keeper in Rosen & that’s what excites me.

I still say the road schedule is murder, so I’m expecting 2-3 less W’s. I’m still concerned that McCoy isn’t all that great as an OC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lot of revisionist history going on here. Last season we had one of the league's best RBs, a playoff-tested QB and a great defense. Basically, what we hope we have this year. There's literally nothing different.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of revisionist history going on here. Last season we had one of the league's best RBs, a playoff-tested QB and a great defense. Basically, what we hope we have this year. There's literally nothing different.

Possible real QBOTF?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Possible real QBOTF?

That's what's even dumber. Last season Blaine Gabbert was 27 years old and people were saying that if he could just work in the system for a year he could be good. I'm excited about Rosen, but I don't think that it's good if we see him this year.

We're worse off at QB, marginally worse off on defense (much worse off if you consider that Markus Golden is out to begin the year), and at best even at coaching.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After week one? When?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

That is what they SAID at the start of last year. I was not sold on that rhetoric. I just saw a team that had all the same problems as the team that went 7-9-1 the year before.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what's even dumber. Last season Blaine Gabbert was 27 years old and people were saying that if he could just work in the system for a year he could be good. I'm excited about Rosen, but I don't think that it's good if we see him this year.

We're worse off at QB, marginally worse off on defense (much worse off if you consider that Markus Golden is out to begin the year), and at best even at coaching.

Think of it this way. The window was closing last year. The team was old and coaches were old and stubborn. That window closed quickly on last season.

There is a newness to this season. Totally new coaching staff. Younger team. QBOTF drafted. Amos Jones was sent packing.

The Orignal poster wasn't saying that he is excited for this year because we are going to have a better record than last. He is saying that he is excited for the new direction that this team is headed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
After week one? When?

At this time last year. Bascially, the story was "well, we fixed the special teams problem and we're ready to make a run at this again. We're probably better with Larry and John Brown, etc., etc.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know why. I don't know if it is because I just felt Palmer was getting old or what. I just didn't feel like the team had it in them to go deep into the playoffs.= last year and I felt it would just get worse from there if had all of our old players..

This year maybe they have less odds of winning than last year, but the future just feels brighter to me. I actually believe in Bradford's ability. I also feel like we got our first legitimate Franchise QB since I've been watching the team which started with the Plummer days for the most part.

I don't know why we don't have just as good of a shot this year to do well compared to last year. Yes, we had Palmer, Campbell & the Badger..but now we have David Johnson back, and if he stays healthy, I think most of the team is improved... I think my biggest worries is the Receivers.. I'm afraid we are going to have QB's throwing on the money just to have the receiver drop the ball. I hope I'm wrong on that one.. I hope they cut Nelson to try to get the dropsie karma out of our team. If that works out I think we could really surprise some teams.

Campbell was tearing it up in Jacksonville.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this time last year. Bascially, the story was "well, we fixed the special teams problem and we're ready to make a run at this again. We're probably better with Larry and John Brown, etc., etc.

yep I remember people were so excited that Amos Jones still had a job going into last season.

:sarcasm:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

oh...you m,ean among the coaches??

dont recall any fans being excited about amos jones still having a job

last year,...at this point....DJ was exactly what we had and most people knew it...we were a .500 team and the only real change we made in the off season was to get yet a year older while already being one of the oldest teams in the league.

yes. a few people displayed hope over the possibilities of gabbert...drowning men grasp at straws...because without those straws we were right back to S.O.C..... hoping our rookies made a major impact

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Huge roster make over, but I think we’ve got a keeper in Rosen & that’s what excites me.

I still say the road schedule is murder, so I’m expecting 2-3 less W’s. I’m still concerned that McCoy isn’t all that great as an OC.
Like I said after the draft, we’re not winning more than 5 games :bang:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, look at that as a plus. Sometimes you need to regroup, and this year will clearly be it.
I blame State Farm.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I changed my mind :)

Oh it was brutal but one game doesn't make a season. Don't get me wrong I'm not putting any money on the Cards this season but anything is possible.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Remember when people though Budda Baker was gonna be good?

Everyone sucks. Burn it to the ground.