"for some kid" : Nash's post game talk

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MODS!!!!!!!

Please move this to the Smack Shack, where Nash wanted this kind of talk to belong in the first place..

Let the Kid's legacy live on!!

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Inside hoops is full of no-nothing sycophants of the home team. You are fare beyond that little drivel that seeps from the corners of the mouth that becomes posts on that board.

F-Dog, you are a good poster...why would you EVER vernture to that message board??? Nothing but trolls and a bunch of ill-timed smack resides there.

You are better than that. :)

Dude, I was at ISH before I was at ASFN. It's not as good as it was, but there's a mix of fans of different teams, and it's got just the right amount of moderation for smack-talking. Best of all, it's not ESPN...

Besides, where else can I go when I want to rag on Kobe's lousy SAT score? :lol:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Win a couple more against us and there might be a rivalry.

uh - D-dogg, when we've gone 11-3 against you with Nash in the lienup the last two years and still beat you guys without 3/5s of our starting lineup in the playoffs, don't you think maybe the LAKERS need to win a couple more against US before it's a rivalry because right now, it looks like donw-right domination from our parts (much like the "rivalry" between the Lakers and Kings was pretty much a domination by the Lakers).

Live in the now - this ain't Kareem and Magic and it ain't Shaq and Kobe - this is now - and for now - we own the Lakers, no matter what kind of lineup we put on the court. Win a regular season game against us or beat us in the playoffs, then we have an actual rivalry. Until then, the Lakers are a one man side-show circus act - really interesting to watch, but nothing in the big pitcure.

Also - you still haven't told me what "something good" was that the Lakers could get for that pile of constantly injured trash Chirs Mhim and how they're going to lure any semblance of anything with the MLE, while saving cap space for 2008 (as they failed to do with Antonio Daniels). Still waiting to hear your response on those issues.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers could get anything good for Chris Mihm, but they certainly could find an upgrade over Smush Parker for him. A good GM should be able to get that for a serviceable 7 footer, but unfortunately for the Lakers they have Mitch Kupchak who's a step above Zeke Thomas when it comes to incompetence.

When's the last time the Lakers drafted even one above average player? Was it Eddie Jones? The Lakers won't be a real contender until they replace the guy making the decisions. Phil and Kobe are good enough to get them somewhere in the 4-6 range next year in the West, but until they improve the caliber of that atrocious supporting cast they're destined for mediocrity. Good luck doing that with Kupchak at the helm.

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
We will convert you!

:devil:

Too late, Thunder Dan, Jeff Hornachek, Cedric C., Mark West, and Sir Charles already did. I grew up a Laker fan, my dad was from the same home town as Jerry West (aka Zeke from Cabin Creek, a nickname West doesnt like).

I don't watch much BBall any more, but I have jumped on the Suns bandwagon again for the time being. Go Suns!

P.S. Kobe needs a public relations makeover. :D

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Taking a look at the Lakers payroll I don't see what Mitch is thinking with the '08 plan. They have 35mil committed to 2 players, it will be difficult to field a team with the remaing capspace. Assuming the cap increases over the next couple of seasons they may be able to add another near max player but that would mean the rest of the roster will be filled with rookies and minimum players.

As far as what they could get for Mihm, the most realistic deal I've seen would involve a S&T with Mike James though they'd probably have to add another salary like Brian Cook to get it to work. If that did happen then they'd have over 40mil on the books in '08.

Bynum looks promising but he'll need to become a dominate player for the Lakers to be contenders, or they can sit Kobe next season and try to land Oden.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Also - you still haven't told me what "something good" was that the Lakers could get for that pile of constantly injured trash Chirs Mhim and how they're going to lure any semblance of anything with the MLE, while saving cap space for 2008 (as they failed to do with Antonio Daniels). Still waiting to hear your response on those issues.

Well, there is a good shot at picking up Marcus Banks for some of the MLE. Rumor has it he wants 4 years/20 mil. Lakers and Spurs are reported interested, and in LA he'd start while he would be a backup in San Antone. We almost had him in the Gary Payton trade, until Payton refused to report. He's good at driving, not a great shooter, developing passer and great defensive PG. He'd be a great fit.

We could work Mihm into deals to pull in a serviceable PF...nobody superstar..just a banger who can board and score easy buckets. Names elude me at the moment. They will come in the offseason.

Those two types of deals will improve this team tremendously, combined with the team growing together more and offseason improvement of Kwame and Lamar.

I honestly don't think the 2008 cap space strategy will be do-or-die if a good move comes along. Mitch will pull the trigger on anything that will make the team better and not pursue 2008 with blinders on. The team has improved leaps and bounds from last year already. And I wouldn't bash Mitch so terribly, he effectively signed Kobe/Kwame/Lamar for Shaq. That's not so bad a play. Drafting Bynum and Turiaf was very good. Sasha is a tough ***** of a player who pisses off offensive guards, and is only improving. Laron Profit was a great 6th man for us hitting timely shots, playing great defense and overachieving his heart out until he tore his Achilles. He will return, as per the club's comments about him, and is a fantastic fit. I know, he's a nobody, but so were players like Diaw and Bell for you. He simply fits our system well and is great off the bench to rest Kobe. We actually lost a lot when we lost him...he was a throw in on the Kwame trade and played far better than expected. Phil also loves him. Phil will also try to re-aquire Kareem Rush, who can hit open shots better than most guys we have, even though he's a bit mental. He's debateable, but knows the tri and Phil has already made noise about him. He can't hurt our bench at all...better than Devean George to come in, IMO. Rush had a monster game in the playoffs against the Wolves in 2004, hitting something like six threes. He can perform

The Lakers are not that far away from contending. A few good moves, and especially pulling in Banks, would go a long way.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
P.S. Kobe needs a public relations makeover. :D

The media needs a makeover, and cleanse the Jordan juice from their blood. :)

Lucky you...we'll have these conversations ALL season long in the end zone. :) Too late to change out those tickets for someplace else? ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I honestly don't think the 2008 cap space strategy will be do-or-die if a good move comes along. Mitch will pull the trigger on anything that will make the team better and not pursue 2008 with blinders on.

From Mitch's post exit interview comments, which support what I said above:

'"You cannot predict a major change. There's only two or three, maybe four teams that have significant cap room in the NBA. This is not a great year where you're going to see 8 [to] 10 stellar free agents available. So even if you had $10, $12 million worth of cap room, there aren't a great number of players to spend it on. And the teams that have cap room are just three or four teams. The other 25 or 26 teams in the NBA are in the exact same boat we are, which is you're over the cap, you have a draft choice, you might have a second round pick, and you have your exceptions, which is a midlevel exception and a biannual exception. So we're in the exact same boat that 25 or 26 other NBA teams are in. In fact, I think we're in a better position. We're not approaching the tax, because once you get to the tax you're paying double for a player. So if you think a player is worth $4 or $5 million but you have to pay him $10, then are you making a good business/basketball decision? So we're not even approaching the tax this off-season, so we're in a position where we can spend our biannual, we can spend our midlevel, we can spend both. If we can make a trade and bring back more money that we take on, we have the ability to do that.

So we have those possibilities. We have a big window two years from now, which we may continue to decide to prepare for, or we may not if something does come up. None of our plans are etched in stone, but we do feel that we have a lot of flexibility with our roster and financially, and we're no worse off than 26 other teams in the NBA regarding the cap."

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
The Lakers are not that far away from contending. A few good moves, and especially pulling in Banks, would go a long way.

If Bynum doesn't become a dominate player the Lakers will be stuck in mediocrity for a while imo. I think the Rockets if healthy are closer than them actually. I think the '08 plan is just a bad idea. If you do get Banks you'd have over 40mil going to Banks, Kobe, Odom add an extra 2+mil if they exercise Bynum's option.

As for a servicable PF for Mihm. PJ Brown, Lorenzen Wright, Drew Gooden and Malik Rose are all available. If they package Mihm and McKie along with picks they may be able to swing one of those. Brown being the most likely.

Are the Lakers going to re-sign George and Profit and if so at what price?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
If Bynum doesn't become a dominate player the Lakers will be stuck in mediocrity for a while imo. I think the Rockets if healthy are closer than them actually. I think the '08 plan is just a bad idea. If you do get Banks you'd have over 40mil going to Banks, Kobe, Odom add an extra 2+mil if they exercise Bynum's option.

As for a servicable PF for Mihm. PJ Brown, Lorenzen Wright, Drew Gooden and Malik Rose are all available. If they package Mihm and McKie along with picks they may be able to swing one of those. Brown being the most likely.

Are the Lakers going to re-sign George and Profit and if so at what price?

George No. Profit for the LLE most likely, or part of the MLE if split up for Banks.

BTW, i personally don't think the '08 plan will last long anyway...they were happy with what happened this year, and will scrap it in a heartbeat if they can make a move.

Stephen A Smith thinks they will trade Odom and filler for KG, and thinks just the Lakers and Nets are the top teams to get KG at this point.

I don't know how I feel about that, to be honest.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
George No. Profit for the LLE most likely, or part of the MLE if split up for Banks.

BTW, i personally don't think the '08 plan will last long anyway...they were happy with what happened this year, and will scrap it in a heartbeat if they can make a move.

Stephen A Smith thinks they will trade Odom and filler for KG, and thinks just the Lakers and Nets are the top teams to get KG at this point.

I have a hard time seeing Odom and filler (the filler the Lakers could provide) being enough for KG. I dunno.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I think Bulls would have the edge over either of those teams and the Suns could offer more than the Lakers. It would depend on how high the T-Wolves were on Bynum I guess.

If the Lakers can get KG they'd be nuts to pass on him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
I could trade em to a couple of card carrying members of the Raider Nation. :)

Well if you recall, me and that Raider fan talked about Lakers bball a couple of years ago. I ain't skurred of em! :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stuff your foot in your mouth, AGAIN!

Dude, put down the pipe. I was cheering for YOUR team. Good god, reading comprehension people. Let me break it down Dick and Jane style for you:

I. Wanted. The. Suns. To. Beat. The. Clippers. In. As. Few. Games. As. Possible.

GOT IT????

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Corky, who cares if you were cheering for the Clips or the Suns, thats not the point here. Your statement I quoted proves you didn't think we could get it done against the Clippers (who are a much better team than the other LA team we beat) in the 7th game. GET IT?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Corky, who cares if you were cheering for the Clips or the Suns, thats not the point here. Your statement I quoted proves you didn't think we could get it done against the Clippers (who are a much better team than the other LA team we beat) in the 7th game. GET IT?

Suck down the last of that hit off dirty bongwater, pull up a chair and listen.

I wanted you to beat the clips in six. I wanted you to beat them in general, but in six would have been nice to shut up clipper fans. Now I have to hear them talk about how we both went to seven games with the suns.

Actually, clown, I'd have preferred you swept the clips.

It wasn't a matter of whether you'd beat the clips...I said you would. For that matter, so would the Lakers. It was a matter of how fast, and the faster the better. And I predicted all the Game Sevens this weekend would be won by the home teams...

The quote you posted from me proves I wanted you to get it done in six games. I would trust me on that, since I'm the friggin SOURCE of the quote, not your twisted interpretation on what I meant.

GET IT?

I doubt it...you've got the intelligence of a field mouse and the bravado of a town drunk. Find someone at the bottom of the ladder to try to match wits against...you're miles out of your league here.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it's gonna be a looooooong offseason for you. Your already bitter and the playoffs are just heating up. If making fun of people makes you feel better, go ahead. WHAAAAAAAAAAA

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Wow, it's gonna be a looooooong offseason for you. Your already bitter and the playoffs are just heating up. If making fun of people makes you feel better, go ahead. WHAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't believe you're still oozing pyorhea out of your mouth, but to each his own. For what it's worth...I didn't seek out an ass kicking...you did. You got it. Move along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison