For All Mankind (AppleTV+)

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Wow, this one surprises me. S4 starts up on November 10th. I didn't expect to see a season this year with the strikes. I figured that even if it was done it would get pushed back like Dune and other titles.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, this one surprises me. S4 starts up on November 10th. I didn't expect to see a season this year with the strikes. I figured that even if it was done it would get pushed back like Dune and other titles.

Yessssss!!!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:clapping:

Looks like I'll be renewing Apple TV+ this fall. Sure would be nice if they could release the new season of Mythic Quest near then.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
:clapping:

Looks like I'll be renewing Apple TV+ this fall. Sure would be nice if they could release the new season of Mythic Quest near then.
No Mythic Quest but you'll be able to catch up on Foundation (excellent) and Invasion (good but uneven).

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the recs, I'll check those out.
I take it you haven't watched them. The first season of Foundation was a little rough. There's a ton of world building and setup that they had to do. It bogs down at times. I found it much better on a 2nd watch when I already had a basis on the world. Season 2 has been amazing though. It's also probably the best looking show on TV.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you haven't watched them. The first season of Foundation was a little rough. There's a ton of world building and setup that they had to do. It bogs down at times. I found it much better on a 2nd watch when I already had a basis on the world. Season 2 has been amazing though. It's also probably the best looking show on TV.

No we haven't. They've both made the official "check these out" list. I'm not sure when we'll get to them. After November, obviously, but this time next year will probably be a barren wasteland due to the strike, so we like to make sure we've got some options in the queue!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree with all of this.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. From Variety:

“Rocketing into the new millennium in the eight years since Season 3, Happy Valley has rapidly expanded its footprint on Mars by turning former foes into partners. Now 2003, the focus of the space program has turned to the capture and mining of extremely valuable, mineral-rich asteroids that could change the future of both Earth and Mars. But simmering tensions between the residents of the now-sprawling international base threaten to undo everything they are working towards,” reads the show’s official logline.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Apple+ release the full season tomorrow or one a week? If they do one a week, I'll probably hold off on activating until the majority of the season is available.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Does Apple+ release the full season tomorrow or one a week? If they do one a week, I'll probably hold off on activating until the majority of the season is available.
Apple does weekly. We only get the first episode tomorrow. Or really tonight for me. :) They usually drop before 10 pm and I'm never finished up until at least then.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apple does weekly. We only get the first episode tomorrow. Or really tonight for me. :) They usually drop before 10 pm and I'm never finished up until at least then.
Yep, “Glasnost” is out now, and “Have a Nice Sol” drops on November 17.

I might have to rewatch the last episode of Season 3 to refresh my memory on some storylines.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Love this show still. The space shots in E2 were amazing looking. I thought Moore might be going down a road that didn't work in BSG in it but so far they've handled it better and I think there's more to come on it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m into episode 4 of Season 4 and it’s still incredibly well done, but there’s entire new storylines/characters that just aren’t hooking me. Everything with Tobey Koebbel’s character? Meh. I’m rooting for him… to fail. Svetlana? Just haven’t spent enough time with her to care. I get that she’s just spoke on the wheel of the New Cold War plot, but it would be a lot stronger if she felt crucial to the emotional pull of the show.

The show has done an incredible job over the three years of raising stakes, killing off characters and replacing them with new ones to love, but that hasn’t been the case so far this year and the show is suffering a little in the wake of so many characters lost.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m into episode 4 of Season 4 and it’s still incredibly well done, but there’s entire new storylines/characters that just aren’t hooking me. Everything with Tobey Koebbel’s character? Meh. I’m rooting for him… to fail. Svetlana? Just haven’t spent enough time with her to care. I get that she’s just spoke on the wheel of the New Cold War plot, but it would be a lot stronger if she felt crucial to the emotional pull of the show.

The show has done an incredible job over the three years of raising stakes, killing off characters and replacing them with new ones to love, but that hasn’t been the case so far this year and the show is suffering a little in the wake of so many characters lost.
Hmm, I don't know. I've been hooked from day one and still can't believe how incredible the writing and acting is. I'm not having the same problems.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last two episodes were fantastic. The Dani/Ed showdown and Alesia “working the problem” with a new partner. This show is so good.

And now I know why I hate Toby Koebbel’s character… because we’re supposed to. He’s an antagonist, Cheese, you freaking moron!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Last two episodes were fantastic. The Dani/Ed showdown and Alesia “working the problem” with a new partner. This show is so good.

And now I know why I hate Toby Koebbel’s character… because we’re supposed. He’s an antagonist, Cheese, you freaking moron!
I was about to reply to your previous post that you need to just have a little patience with a couple things. :)

I'm not a big Miles (Tobey Koebbel) fan either. I don't know how he's even still alive his EVA fall. Those suits are lot tougher then I thought after the Svetlana incident.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was about to reply to your previous post that you need to just have a little patience with a couple things. :)

I'm not a big Miles (Tobey Koebbel) fan either. I don't know how he's even still alive his EVA fall. Those suits are lot tougher then I thought after the Svetlana incident.
Man… Ed does something unforgivable in episode 8.

Love the final line of the episode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Man… Ed does something unforgivable in episode 8.

Love the final line of the episode.
That's sort of been Ed's MO this season. He's had a bit of that. If you're referring to the scene that I think you are then I'm in 100% agreement. I'm trying to remember which thing was in which episode since I've watched them as they came out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the end of Episode 9 coming from a mile away.

Finale hasn’t dropped yet?

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Friday. Always Friday.
They come out Thursday night for us out west. It's always available by the time I go back to the theater at like 9-10pm. I usually was this on Thursday and wait for Friday on Monarch.