Fleabag (Amazon Prime)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on Fleabag.

Saw all of the buzz regarding season 2 so I started watching from the beginning. Easy to get through and I finished one season in a day. 6 episodes per season I think.

Hilarious and gutting all at the same time. Truly great show to watch.

Kudos to Amazon and Phoebe Waller Bridge.

Season 2 is next.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Very good series and worth the hype.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Season 2 is great. I think that was the best series I watched this year.
Barry is going to be tough to beat..... I will update you.

Go watch Barry if you haven't seen it yet!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 2 isn't just the best show of 2019, it's one of the best single seasons in TV history. can't say enough great things about PWB. She's my writing idol at this point.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Season 2 isn't just the best show of 2019, it's one of the best single seasons in TV history. can't say enough great things about PWB. She's my writing idol at this point.
Just finished it.

Mesmerizing.

I loved the dinner episode to open the season.
6 episodes just isn’t enough....... I need more!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So many little things to digest in just under 3 hours......

The way the priest could see when she turned to camera was awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many little things to digest in just under 3 hours......

The way the priest could see when she turned to camera was awesome.

yeah. i've never seen someone SEEING someone else breaking the fourth wall before. using that as a metaphor for Fleabag actually letting herself to be vulnerable enough to finally let someone else really see her was just next level writing.

made me insanely jealous because i'm not sure i could have ever come up with something like that. there's plenty of times that I'm watching a movie or tv show and start thinking ahead instinctually about where I'd go with the story next, where i feel like this story teller is going, or the perfect use of needle-drop at the end of movies and when it's some of my idols and I get it right, I'm admittedly pretty happy with myself... while being a little disappointed that I saw it coming. even if it was really good. but being jealous of something I'm watching... that's when I know that I REALLY love what I'm watching and that's it's an all-timer. Fleabag was that in spades for me.

also, my ex-girlfriend (who I hold no ill-will toward and still think is amazing) is just a spitting image in almost every way to Fleabag, just sub out the english accent for an american one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yeah. i've never seen someone SEEING someone else breaking the fourth wall before. using that as a metaphor for Fleabag actually letting herself to be vulnerable enough to finally let someone else really see her was just next level writing.

made me insanely jealous because i'm not sure i could have ever come up with something like that. there's plenty of times that I'm watching a movie or tv show and start thinking ahead instinctually about where I'd go with the story next, where i feel like this story teller is going, or the perfect use of needle-drop at the end of movies and when it's some of my idols and I get it right, I'm admittedly pretty happy with myself... while being a little disappointed that I saw it coming. even if it was really good. but being jealous of something I'm watching... that's when I know that I REALLY love what I'm watching and that's it's an all-timer. Fleabag was that in spades for me.

also, my ex-girlfriend (who I hold no ill-will toward and still think is amazing) is just a spitting image in almost every way to Fleabag, just sub out the english accent for an american one.
He’s right about his ex. Even some of the quirky personality.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just finished season 2. Don't have enough good words to describe this series. I don't think I've ever wanted to read a script after watching a show before, but I'd sure like to read every one of these. PWB is a phenomenal talent. She deserves every award she won, and a dozen more.

Last edited:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Memorable moment.... Season 1 episode 6, after Fleabag steals a piece of art from her in an earlier episode, at the sexposition Olivia Coleman unveils her "sculpture" of women being robbed of their freedom, their happiness, and even their bodies. It is just an empty podium.

Freakin brilliant.