Fitz Makes Hole-In-One while playing with Obama!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grown ass man! Love it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz being Fitz.

Read the following tweet and thought "I wonder if he was talking with BirdMan21. ;)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've never seen an 11 handicap hit an 8-iron 160+. Something doesn't add up.

That’s a pretty normal distance for an 8 iron hit by a large man. I’m 61 & only 5’6” & I hit my 8 between 150-155 yards. They make those clubs less lofted than in the past. Now Obama is practically a woman, so he may only hit his 8 iron about 100 yards.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That’s a pretty normal distance for an 8 iron hit by a large man. I’m 61 & only 5’6” & I hit my 8 between 150-155 yards. They make those clubs less lofted than in the past. Now Obama is practically a woman, so he may only hit his 8 iron about 100 yards.

I'm guessing your handicap is lower than 11. I know plenty of people can hit an 8-iron 160, but I'll bet that nearly all of them are single-digits.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing your handicap is lower than 11. I know plenty of people can hit an 8-iron 160, but I'll bet that nearly all of them are single-digits.

When I was younger, my lowest handicap was a 9. Distance & handicap are not always related. My 16 year old son hits his pitching wedge 150 yards. I’ve seen him hit his 8 iron almost 180 yards. He’s a high school golfer, who someday soon will carry a low handicap. But right now, his short game is very inconsistent, which leaves him around a 13.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

With today’s golf technology, 160 with an 8-iron isn’t that far fetched. It’s about how straight and consistent you hit it

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

FWIW, I carry a 12.5 handicap and hit my 8 iron 155-165. I hit my 7 iron 160-170 and my 9 iron 145-155.
Still have never broken 80...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You guys and "I can hit an 8 iron over 160 yards". Who gives a crap how far you can hit an 8 iron? Mine goes 120, and I know which club will hit 160, so this BS about how far you can hit a club is nothing more than trying to establish your imaginary manhood.

A friend I play with says "what did you hit" and I say a 5 iron. And he says " I hit an 8 iron and we were close to the same distance". And I say " I am 10 feet from the hole and you are 30.

I learned all about this in my 20's. I could hit a golf ball well over 300 yards, with inferior golf balls and clubs from the 70's. Yet still some old timer would clean my clock with his straight down the middle drives and approach shots and his great chipping and putting. It killed me when they said "Drive for show, putt for dough". But it was true. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

It's about knowing how far you can hit each club accurately. The rest is macho BS, IMHO. You do not write down on the scorecard what clubs you used, you only write down the total strokes. I have beaten many a man that hits his clubs much longer than me. It is not how far, it is how many strokes. That is all that counts in the end. And congrats, Fitz. OK, I feel better now. Now I have to look for my Geritol. :)

Last edited:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score

The 5’6” guy is calling another man a woman. That’s funny.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am 6-4 and hit an 8 iron ~160 yards. I play golf about 3-4 times/year, so no official handicap but typically shoot in the 90's.

Fitz is 6-3, jacked, and plays all the time. I don't think that is unusual.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sounds like I play with a bunch of weaklings, but I'll accept the correction. My own distances are terribly short, but I know that I suck, so I wasn't using myself as a basis for comparison.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to brag, but I am pretty darn accurate on the course. Regardless of which club I select, nine times out of ten I can get the ball to go inside the little opening at the base of the windmill on the first try, have gotten several hole-in-ones over the years, and am usually excellent at figuring out which opening on the top level will place the ball closest to the hole on the lower green.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mean to brag, but I am pretty darn accurate on the course. Regardless of which club I select, nine times out of ten I can get the ball to go inside the little opening at the base of the windmill on the first try, have gotten several hole-in-ones over the years, and am usually excellent at figuring out which opening on the top level will place the ball closest to the hole on the lower green.

Braggart!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I've never seen an 11 handicap hit an 8-iron 160+. Something doesn't add up.
I'm a 13 handicap and hit a 8 iron that far. I have friends around the same handicap that hit as far if not further than me. Fitz has really strong legs and core and would not surprise me if he could muscle a traditionally lofted 8 iron upwards of 170-175 yards. If he has some lower lofted clubs than he might not even have to try too hard to get that far.