Fitz hints at playing elsewhere in 2017?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I think Fitz will play out next year, but that's it. I think he realizes that he'd need to play another 4-5 years to even have a shot to move up in rankings, and I don't think he wants to play that much longer.

My guess, next year will be his farewell season for him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unsettling report.

Hopefully, it's just media buzz, but these things have the unfortunate habit of turning out to be true.

Without any supporting logic, I feel deep within my gut that successful franchises don't let their signature players get away.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Think about how exhausting this season has been for a bunch of couch crusaders like us. Now imagine you have 109 catches and have been busting your ass as part of the actual team. And guys in the locker room aren't living up to their job individually for one reason or another. Then your good buddy goes out and gets a DUI and gets cut. Yeah, you would be exhausted too.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kurt Warner was on with Gambo and the other idiot this afternoon, he's "positive" that Larry will never play elsewhere, that he's committed to Arizona. That said, he could see him retiring and "going out on top", as Kurt himself did. I wouldn't mind seeing him hang 'em up after this year - it' sad watching older players hanging on and becoming irrelevant at the end of their careers. Jerry Rice in a Seahawks uniform, anyone? Arrgh.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Fitzgerald is telling the Cardinals, if you want to rebuild, trade me. As long as the Cardinals are in win now mode, I think he will stay. The Cardinals will have to put together a team to compete next season if they want to keep him. I think Fitz stays if the Cardinals do every thing under their power to go for a championship next season even if the odds are diminishing.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not believe it for a second, but if Minnesota wants to part ways with the 24 year old, Teddy Bridgewater then, that may not be a bad idea. Just sayin'
Definitely something to consider. Also if NE is in the picture, instead of a draft pick Garappalo would be interesting.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Fitzgerald is telling the Cardinals, if you want to rebuild, trade me. As long as the Cardinals are in win now mode, I think he will stay. The Cardinals will have to put together a team to compete next season if they want to keep him. I think Fitz stays if the Cardinals do every thing under their power to go for a championship next season even if the odds are diminishing.
Palmer will stay one more year
Chandler will get tagged
Mathieu will be back at his level
Veldeher also
Hope nkemdiche will be making progress like Campbell did inhis second season
There is not rebuilding in the horizon

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
C'mon, this is absurd. The Cards cut Palmer and the Fitz won't come back without him. Who could even imagine that scenario really happening?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palmer will stay one more year
Chandler will get tagged
Mathieu will be back at his level
Veldeher also
Hope nkemdiche will be making progress like Campbell did inhis second season
There is not rebuilding in the horizon

I can see it happening this way however the Cardinals need an up and coming QB in the wings.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Guarantee the word "rebuild" is not being thrown around the front office.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
In another thread I listed all of the QB's he's played with since being drafted. If we're talking about QB's who can throw for a chunk of yards, he's had exactly 2 throwing him the ball: Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer. Otherwise it's been a cast of clowns. Look at 2010 alone: Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton, Richard Bartel. Jerry Rice never played with this level of QB futility.
Forgot all about Bartel.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't know if it's just the disappointment of the season, but in that video Fitz looks beat down from the grind IMO. Maybe he does hang me up. :shrug: He looked like that last week also each time they showed him on TV.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as Arians, Kiem, and Bidwill are here, we will not go into rebuild mode. None of these three believe in taking intentional steps backwards.

AZeBrA

Reaction score
this would be very interesting to see if he goes somewhere else. I would love to see him with Brady for a season. Not a patriots fans but i can even imagine how lethal these two would be on the field. Either way i am wish him the best.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rebuild, that can only exist if you are the Browns in the now mediocre NFL. Dallas had a crap season last year but got a young QB who has not shot his team in the foot who has poise as a rookie with a strong running game. They have a sub-par D but they have something the Cardinals do not have... a solid special teams unit which allows them to win close games

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
My prediction:

Fitz will be retired two years and there will be rumors about him coming out of retirement and playing for team X.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson