Fitz hints at playing elsewhere in 2017?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he's sending a message to the front office that he's not happy with a lot of things in AZ.. I don't see how he could play for another team unless he asks for release. It would be one of those rare cases where the fans still love him even though he wants to go to another team. Fans are much more loyal to Fitz than BA & Co.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seriously if he is going to act like a baby because his worthless, remorseless, waste of roster space Minnesota "boy" was cut, someone needs to slap some sense into him.

Also, you're under contract dude. You gonna go play in Canada?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More lame click bait by the worthless PFT. Fitz said he loves competing for a championship and is not contemplating retirement - so PFT uses a 2011 quote by his father & puts it under a completely BS headline.

Nothing to see here.

...dbs

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His potential retirement is actual news though. Sad thing is, outside of the Patriots, you can't choose a team that reliably has a near certain chance of the Superbowl on any given year. Maybe he can play most of next year for us, and if we are not playoff bound by week 15, we can cut him and let the Pats pick him up :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards traded Aeneas Williams because he asked for a shot to win.

But, can't see that happening with Fitz. retirement, maybe. He has a terrific life ahead of him. He can make millions doing TV if that is what he sets his mind to.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If he retires after the season he'll be top-3 all time in receptions, 10th in yards and 8th in TD's... Reaching top-5 in TD's would be nearly impossible and top-5 in yards is a long shot unless Steve Smith retires and Fitz has at least 800+ yards next year.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I don't see anything that makes me think that he wants to leave. I see it as, put together another great roster and I will be back. If not then he will retire. He said it himself it's not about stats anymore, it matters if he can compete for a championship.

chickenhead

Reaction score
More lame click bait by the worthless PFT. Fitz said he loves competing for a championship and is not contemplating retirement - so PFT uses a 2011 quote by his father & puts it under a completely BS headline.

Nothing to see here.

...dbs

+1 there's nothing in the article to conclusively support the headline.

"Sounds as if..."
"Seemed to create the impression that..."

Oh, and "may be replacing Carson Palmer in 2017." Even that's vague. Before the season? At the end of the season? By drafting his eventual replacement?

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Sad part is, I think if he were to stay healthy and had he competency at the QB throughout his career, he'd have stats better than Jerry Rice.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he along with Palmer will be playing for the Cards in 2017. I also feel that will be their last year. Cards need to get replacements this off season for both.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I do not believe it for a second, but if Minnesota wants to part ways with the 24 year old, Teddy Bridgewater then, that may not be a bad idea. Just sayin'

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not believe it for a second, but if Minnesota wants to part ways with the 24 year old, Teddy Bridgewater then, that may not be a bad idea. Just sayin'

Haha don't think that will happen but I think the Vikings are the only team that he would go to for his final season. (or New England for the ring)

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Nothing to see here.

...dbs

Seriously! That was the biggest POS article ever written. And thats saying something.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Honestly if Fitz really covets the opportunity at a chance to win a championship then the only team that really contends for that year in and year out is the Patriots. With that said I would have no problem if somehow the Cardinals were able to work out a trade that would send Fitz to the Patriots. The guy has been loyal to this team his entire career and I think he deserves one last chance at a SB ring. The amount of crap QBs he had to put up with in AZ is similar to Cleveland. Except for Warner and Palmer just about everyone else has been a derelict QB. Yes I know he has been paid for staying in AZ however he could just as easily flown the coop and gone to a contender years ago. The money he got here would not have been much different than what he could have gotten on the open market. Imagine how a Brady/Fitz combination would be. It would be something to see. I think Brady would love it too. It's unlikely the Cardinals will seriously contend for a SB spot next year.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol wouldn't that be the toper to this season cards get a good pick but fitz decides to retire or go to another team..... I would cry if it happened

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here's another theory - he's probably been talking to Michael Floyd since he landed with the Pats. Bitter Floyd is probably crowing about how awesome it is to be there, Belichick is God, legit shot at a ring, etc. Larry may be hearing this and thinking he needs to consider moving on too - perhaps even to NE if pal Floyd gets re-signed. So then Larry speaks out and attempts to send a not-so-subtle message to BA & the brass that this season has been a ****-brick and they'd best fix the team or he may just move on. Not necessarily an idle threat!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad part is, I think if he were to stay healthy and had he competency at the QB throughout his career, he'd have stats better than Jerry Rice.
In another thread I listed all of the QB's he's played with since being drafted. If we're talking about QB's who can throw for a chunk of yards, he's had exactly 2 throwing him the ball: Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer. Otherwise it's been a cast of clowns. Look at 2010 alone: Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton, Richard Bartel. Jerry Rice never played with this level of QB futility.

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
He's clearly suggesting that he doesn't want to be here if 2017 is a rebuilding year. If the Cardinals want him on their roster, they need to contend for a championship. This doesn't happen if Palmer is released (for salary cap/other reasons), if BA goes away (each new coach has a learning curve) or if special teams isn't fixed. The "special teams" thing is my opinion; for whatever reason, the Cards consistently struggle on special teams. If we'd had a top-5 special teams unit this year, the team would be in the playoffs.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just heard B-Train on his radio show. He is sure that Fitz will be back, said he would not leave on such bad note regarding the team record.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison