First Round Mock Draft

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not buying what those sites are selling on Ryan Kelly. He has great analytics, but struggled to stay healthy in college which counts a lot with NFL personnel, especially at C. He will go top 60, but I don't see a bunch of teams pouncing on him in round 1. We will see who is correct. (probably those draft sites.)

His ability to start right away is a huge draw though, and when I watch tape of other prospects, I keep coming back to Kelly. Anyone talking about Graham Glasgow aren't watching his film; that dude can't make a block downfield to save his life.

I don't believe we will take TJ Green at 29.

I don't WANT that to be the case, but when there is smoke, there is fire. Why do you think Urban and Somers are prepping fans for the pick? We've seen the Cardinals do this in the past, but I would understand the reasoning that outside of Cooper, none of us expected Bucannon or Humphries to be the pick.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I'd still draft him any day over RN Mitch.:p
Everyone has those games unlike RN's 25 bad games of tape

We strongly disagree on both players & that's ok because I'll always respect you football knowledge. Neither of us will know the verdict until 3 years from now. I like chocolate others like vanilla lol

I will always respect yours as well. It's good to disagree---and if the Cardinals do take Clark and he plays great, i will always tip my hat to you.

At least RN has a game tape versus the best offensive line in football that proves his 1st round ability. Does that mean i am convinced the Cardinals should take him? No. But, in terms of pure football talent, Nkemdi has every bit of it. If someone coaches him up they are going to get a game changer.

Kenny Clark is solid space eating NT. The Cardinals don't value the NT position to warrant a 1st round pick. If they did, they would have made a stronger effort to re-sign Dan Williams.

Do you think Kenny Clark is as good as Dan Williams?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tj green said there is a trend made by some experts to undervalue him as player
He said people should watch the match vs Alabama and can easily notice he had a very good performance that day
Probably someone is influenced by other "called" experts and repeat the same critics even if the they hadnt watched the game.

I don't know what game you were watching. Here's that game, and T.J. Green was garbage:

There isn't much there that tells you he should be a first-round pick.

I haven't watched this game vs. Louisville yet. I'll check it out later this evening:

I think that T.J. Green might be an option if the Cards trade back to the 2nd round for someone who wants to move up. There are a lot of defensive backs available in this draft who have actually played high-level defensive football; they should draft one of those guys in the 1st round.

The second snap on that Louisville tape is Green completely whiffing on a tackle.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
His ability to start right away is a huge draw though, and when I watch tape of other prospects, I keep coming back to Kelly. Anyone talking about Graham Glasgow aren't watching his film; that dude can't make a block downfield to save his life.

I don't WANT that to be the case, but when there is smoke, there is fire. Why do you think Urban and Somers are prepping fans for the pick? We've seen the Cardinals do this in the past, but I would understand the reasoning that outside of Cooper, none of us expected Bucannon or Humphries to be the pick.

I agree with you about Kelly's ability to start asap. That is quite a plus.

About Somers and Urban, i guarantee you that they have no inside info about whom the Cardinals are going to pick. They are reacting to the rumors the way we are. Somers has been incorrect about the Cardinals 1st round picks in his mocks since BA arrived. BA makes sure their plans aren't leaked to the media. And BA could care less about pleasing or prepping the fans on draft day---only on game days.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The fact that the Cardinals are telling everyone how much in love they are with C Ryan Kelly is likely an indication that they (a) are convinced he will be taken earlier than #29 and (b) that they are planning to go in another direction than C in round 1. The Cardinals would not be touting a player to the media whom they want to draft---they are too savvy to do that. In case anyone didn't know this, Terry McDonough was on MJ's show a few weeks ago and raved about Kelly---and other media sites are recently reporting from "unnamed" Cardinals' personnel that they are "in love' with Kelly.

I share Chopper's concerns about Kelly's knees---tore his ACL in high school and suffered two MCL injuries at Alabama.

The fact that the Cardinals have been so outspoken about Kelly and the QBs in this draft could very well be their hope that teams above them go C and QB.

and don't forget...

Kelly logged a concussion last October.... I am sure lots of players have had one but his is official...and with the current winds in the NFL....I wouldn't touch a guy who already has a concussion on record.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I can understand why the Cardinals would draft Kelly, but I don't believe they will. Too much public information from an organization which tends to keep things in house. Though, if Mayock drops this prediction, I will feel it is more validated.

Re: TJ Green. I think the Cardinals might draft him somewhere, especially if they trade back out of the first round. I think he is higher on their rankings than he is on several other teams. However, I believe this draft shakes out in a way that they will have multiple higher ranked options available at #29. Hump and Buc weren't huge shocks. If anything, Humphries was only shocking because of the position he played rather than his overall value.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That tape against Louisville looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick. Doesn't play physical; doesn't show instincts; doesn't show game speed; got abosolutely smoked by a WR on a sideline route.

I'm fine if we draft him in the third, but I'll be unhappy if we do draft him in the first.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what game you were watching. Here's that game, and T.J. Green was garbage:

I reported what he said(tweet) about his performance in that game
One play in the sideline it was just a great wr play ..regarding the 2tight end touchdowns we dont if it was his,mistake,maybe wasnt his assignements dropping in coverage
In the second td pass by howard he was getting near the line if scrimmage before the snap so then he was late to drop

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can understand why the Cardinals would draft Kelly, but I don't believe they will. Too much public information from an organization which tends to keep things in house. Though, if Mayock drops this prediction, I will feel it is more validated.

Re: TJ Green. I think the Cardinals might draft him somewhere, especially if they trade back out of the first round. I think he is higher on their rankings than he is on several other teams. However, I believe this draft shakes out in a way that they will have multiple higher ranked options available at #29. Hump and Buc weren't huge shocks. If anything, Humphries was only shocking because of the position he played rather than his overall value.

I don't think that Hump and Buc were targeted players. I think that both of them were probably BPA base on our board. Hump was drafted after the pass rusher prospects we wanted were off the board and (IMO) the right trade-down opportunity failed to materialize. Buc was picked following a trade down after the Saints traded up.

Fun fact: if no trades happen, this'll be the third year in a row we pick immediately in front of the Carolina Panthers.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think that Hump and Buc were targeted players. I think that both of them were probably BPA base on our board. Hump was drafted after the pass rusher prospects we wanted were off the board and (IMO) the right trade-down opportunity failed to materialize. Buc was picked following a trade down after the Saints traded up.

Fun fact: if no trades happen, this'll be the third year in a row we pick immediately in front of the Carolina Panthers.

and I don't believe TJ Green is a targeted player, and I don't believe there will be a run on players which pushes our board down to him. If we trade down, Green becomes more of an option like Bucannon did...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and I don't believe TJ Green is a targeted player, and I don't believe there will be a run on players which pushes our board down to him. If we trade down, Green becomes more of an option like Bucannon did...

Agreed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort