first post

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Hey man!!! Welcome aboard. There are quite a few fans from the Buckeye state here!

I'll take the Philly Cheese Steak from Flancers in Gilbert...plus...um....a keg of Amstel Bright (from the Netherland Antilles) with a side tree of limes please!

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
welcome - i'll take a pizzokie from oregano's and two dozen wings from the 'snatch on 5th & forest. and wash it down with an ice cold bud light libation.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I will just take an lap dance from Burben Street. Man that place rocks! :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Ya gettin' all this, Hoops?

Memo to hoops:

Watch out for Section 11 - we still don't know how he gets an internet connection at the "rest" home he's at. :D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
Memo to hoops:

Watch out for Section 11 - we still don't know how he gets an internet connection at the "rest" home he's at. :D

Or how he types with both sleeves buckled behind his back.:D

OP
OP
H

hoopcoach

Reaction score
Re: Re: first post

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Say....you wouldn't happen to be a Cards baseball fan as well?

hey buckeye..yup that would be me..i kinda blew off botb...i dunno dude..the constant negativity was gettin annoying...im no koolaid drinker but some of those guys need to give it a rest now and than..ya know what i mean?
-hoop coach

OP
OP
H

hoopcoach

Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
Welcome. Who is your favorite Cardinal player?

art...i dont think i have a favorite right now..lots of new faces..these last couple years its been hard to get attached to any one player because they played so poorly as a team.
i really liked plummer when he first hit the scene but i finally realized all those comebacks he engineered were a direct result of his mistakes that put them in the hole in the first place. boston was fun to watch until last year when he turned into "edward stone hands" i guess im hoping the new crop will grow on me..im somewhat excited about johnson & boldin..well see.

-hoopcoach

OP
OP
H

hoopcoach

Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
Are you a basketball coach??? Welcome. :)

You must be registered for see images

yup..girls highschool bball coach. one of my top 5 things to do in life.
-hoopcoach

OP
OP
H

hoopcoach

Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Ya gettin' all this, Hoops?

11...i am touched and overwhelmed by the response from my fellow big red die hards...i have no choice but to join you with several heinekens and than...several more.
-hoopcoach

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Glad you decided to make your presence known. Most of us love the Big Red and the board is even more of a positive environment now that Kerouac has been banished.

BTW- I'll have the patty melt, fries and an ice-cold Coors Light. :thumbup:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
While you're getteing all this food, you can get me a Veggie Delite Subway Sandwich.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Welcome Coach!

If it's not too late I'll take a Schlotzky's and a Fat Tire.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hoopcoach
yup..girls highschool bball coach. one of my top 5 things to do in life.
-hoopcoach
<p>Coach---you must have the patience of Job.

BTW---welcome to this board.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Hoopcoach, Ill take a plate of pasta forno with a michelob draft please.
Oh by the way can I be the towel boy for your girls basketball team?:D

Navy Mike

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: first post

Originally posted by hoopcoach
hey buckeye..yup that would be me..i kinda blew off botb...i dunno dude..the constant negativity was gettin annoying...im no koolaid drinker but some of those guys need to give it a rest now and than..ya know what i mean?
-hoop coach

When you said Tipp City I knew it had to be you.

I'm gonna try to make the Arizona/Cleveland game this fall.

Yeah BOTB has finally landed in the crapper. I just post every once and a while to give some of the "experts" a hard time....JD always sez it most be "my time of the month".

You'll find the air much more "breathable" over here. It's ironic that a forum with a team with a losing record is more positve than one with a winning record...but it sure is true comparing the 2 forums.

That's not to say you won't encounter "negativity" over here or "experts" that think they know more than anyone else....that's true in any forum....but over here there is a plethora of guys and gals who just love the Cards for who they are and they understand we can't do a lot about management.....whereas the guys on BOTB think they can run La Russa and Jocketty out of town......over here we're just Card fans.....many of us are from outside Arizona and from the old Card days that go back to St. Louis and even Chicago.....you can't get any more loyal than that.

Reaction score
Hoopcoach, I can't believe there is another Cards fan in the same county as me. I learned about Debacle a while back from this board....he is also from Tipp City. Just imagine how many local Cards fans will come out of the woodwork when we win the Super Bowl this year! ;-)

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
BOTB

Originally posted by jkf296
PTI, but what is BOTB?

BOTB stands for Birds On The Bat which is the logo for the baseball Cards.

A few years ago I spent lots of time on a forum called Cards Talk which was run by the local St. Louis newspaper. A group left to form our own forum when CT became so slow you could hardly get on....it's now called Birds On The Bat or BOTB for short.
BOTB is now run by a group called the Faction whose sole mission in life is to run Jocketty and LaRussa out of town....non-Faction members who disagree are put on a Dumbarse Dozen list primarily because of their views....both baseball and political....so it's become more than just baseball talk....it's religion....it's political left vs. right (liberals get really whacked)....it's peaceniks vs. warhawks.....atheists vs. Christians.....etc.....etc.....it's basically pretty pathetic.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BOTB is now run by a group called the Faction whose sole mission in life is to run Jocketty and LaRussa out of town.
I wonder what they'd do if it were NYC and the Yankees. (Right now Yankee fans are our new very best friends after our 2 days' worth of dismemberment of Blue Jay pitching.

I'll take a messa wings from Chuck's Grill in Princeton, NJ washed down with a couple of icy Anchors.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson